PDA

View Full Version : Welcome N8N!!!

cantab27
01-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Hi N8N, welcome to the xjtalk forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

Got a Wrangler? Maybe a friend with one? http://www.WranglerTalk.com/

N8N
01-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Hi and thanks, I haven't actually picked up my Cherokee yet, it's been my cousin's daily driver for years and she finally got a new Mazda something-or-other that's much less interesting. It's a '99, 4.0, automatic that I guess used to be some kind of government (Forest Service?) vehicle, so it's got lots of HD options. I can't wait to get it and start making it more fun...

bluedragon436
01-02-2012, 01:43 PM
:welcome: to xjtalk Nate, from Delaware/Maryland!! Can't wait to see pics and the makings of an even more fun XJ!!

N8N
01-07-2012, 08:28 AM
Picking it up next weekend... Planning some side trips on the way home to visit friends and family. Let's hope it's in as good of shape as we think it is :)

4.3LXJ
01-07-2012, 10:33 AM
Hi and thanks, I haven't actually picked up my Cherokee yet, it's been my cousin's daily driver for years and she finally got a new Mazda something-or-other that's much less interesting. It's a '99, 4.0, automatic that I guess used to be some kind of government (Forest Service?) vehicle, so it's got lots of HD options. I can't wait to get it and start making it more fun...

That is what having a Jeep is all about, having fun with it. Let us know if you have questions, and of course what you have done to it.:D

Mudderoy
01-08-2012, 11:02 AM
:welcome: :thumbsup:

1ATony
01-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Welcome to the site.

N8N
01-16-2012, 03:01 PM
Well, I'm back... there's a Jeep in the driveway now :) Made it from Pittsburgh to Cleveland and back to DC-land with no problems at all. Need to just change all the fluids and get a new battery and cables (they're horrific! one of the grounds has just fallen off the clamp... but it still started at my parents' house in 15 degree weather after sitting all night) and hopefully it'll be good. Didn't use any oil and I even got 18.2 (uncorrected, but close per GPS) MPG on the 2nd tank of gas, and I wasn't driving particularly slowly. I'm a happy camper!

bluedragon436
01-16-2012, 03:05 PM
Glad to hear that the XJ made it safely home without any issues... Mine was a forestry service vehicle too.. and amazingly the exterior and interior was in excellent condition.. The couple items you mentioned aren't too bad to take care of anyways.. I always replace all fluids right after purchasing a vehicle used, no matter who/where I purchased it from..

4.3LXJ
01-17-2012, 11:38 AM
Cool. Battery cable upgrades are cheap and easy, except in 15° weather that is.

N8N
01-17-2012, 02:01 PM
Well fortunately that is what the weather was at my folks' place Sunday morning... not what it is here and now :) It's 57 degrees out if the weather app on my phone is to be believed (sadly, I'm stuck in an office...)

N8N
01-17-2012, 05:36 PM
Aaaaand... I apparently need new front brakes, according to the inspection peoples. I can do it, but my credit card is hating me right now. Guess I'll be putting off all the fluid changes until I get paid again :(