PDA

View Full Version : Welcome krustymudracer!!!

4.3LXJ
01-01-2012, 09:02 AM
Hi krustymudracer, welcome to the xjtalk forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

Got a Wrangler? Maybe a friend with one? http://www.WranglerTalk.com/

krustymudracer
01-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys. Look forward to hanging with you guys. I dont really trail ride now, but I used to. I do hill and hole mud racing and love it.<<:crazy: I am also open to any performance q&a stuff out there. More than likely I've been there and done that to a 4.0...hahaha:woot:

krustymudracer
01-01-2012, 01:15 PM
Oh here's my official introduction: I'm Frankie J aka "Krusty", from Selma N.C. I've been xj'in now for about 5 years in the form of hill and hole mud racing. Most people think us hill and hole racers are a lil off in the head. Probably so...lol. I'll just start with all the truck info...that should get a few replies in itself...lol.

1990 4dr Cherokee
Engine: block is bored .060 over, 1974 258cid crankshaft, stock rods(deburred&polished)arp bolts, modified diamond pistons, arp main studs, stock '99 main girdle, hesco oil pump, rollmaster degreeable timing set, 7120 casting iron head w/bigger vavles, cv products 7/16 push rods, Harland Sharp adj. roller rockers, hesco locked harmonic balancer, fully balanced rotating assembly, seriously decked head and block to obtain 13.8 compression, Snow water/methanol injection, twin blade 102mm lincoln throttle body, hesco adj. fuel pressure regulator, 42lb injectors, all controled by a mega-squirt-2 engine management system.
Transmission: Modified toyota supra torque converter(stalls @ 3400rpm in low range). All stock rebuild(goodies not available), RADesign hall effect baja shifter, synthetic fluid.
T-case: stock(not even an sye)
Front diff: Wj dana 30w/welded spider gears, 3:55 gears, stock axles(I pray alot), spicer joints, lightened rotors, really cheap brake pads.
Rear diff: welded, all stock 8.25w/4.10 gears, relocated shock mounts.
Suspension: This is tricky...Modified rusty's 6.5" rear springs 1" blocks welded to spring pads, stock shackles and bushings. Front has rusty's 8.5" coils, adj. top spring spacers, rusty's adj. upper and lower control arms w/johnie joints, rusty's adj, track bar and mount, rough country control arm drop brackets and custom gussets.
Steering: Stock box w/drop pitman arm, wj rods and ends.
Interior and body: Gutted inside w/race seat, lexan windows, tach, temp, and oil pressure gauges, stock steering column, skinned rear doors, no rear hatch, fuel cell and battery located in aluminum box in cargo area, seriously cut front and rear for tire clearance, 4" round tube bumper full of concrete.
Tires and wheels: 35x10.50 boggers on 15x7 Real light weight wide 5 aluminum rims(4.75lbs each wheel), 34x9.50 tsl's on 15x4 Real light weight wide 5 aluminum rims, all rims have 2" back spacing, aluminum wide 5 wheel adapters at all 4 corners.

I probably forgot something...any questions, just ask.

bluedragon436
01-01-2012, 02:47 PM
:welcome: to xjtalk, Krusty from Delaware/Maryland!! Awesome mod listing you have there.. Wouldn't mind running a milder version of that engine in my XJ, but I know that same build would never hold up for long on DD...

Mudderoy
01-01-2012, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys. Look forward to hanging with you guys. I dont really trail ride now, but I used to. I do hill and hole mud racing and love it.<<:crazy: I am also open to any performance q&a stuff out there. More than likely I've been there and done that to a 4.0...hahaha:woot:

It's always interesting to see how people enjoy their Jeep in other ways, so you're good! :D

4.3LXJ
01-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Hey Krusty, nice Jeep. I used to race those types of events, but not an XJ. It was fun for sure.