PDA

View Full Version : Wiper blades only two settings work???

W00GYB00GY
12-27-2011, 05:58 PM
So my front wiper blades only work on the two fastest settings...I'm not sure if anyone has had this problem, but my wiper blades will only work on the fastest and second to fastest settings.

It is extremely annoying when its barely raining and I have to flip them on for a second, I wish the slower settings worked that way it wouldn't be a problem...

Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!!!

jeepxj95
12-28-2011, 07:34 PM
under the dash on the drivers side there is a rectangle box with wires going in and coming out the other side. cant remember what its called should say on it. that thing mostlikely is trying to die

4.3LXJ
12-28-2011, 07:53 PM
I am not sure if the 96 has those or not. But yes, generally that is the culprit. You don't have to take the dash apart to find it. It is held there by velcro just to the left of the little AC vent. If you remove it, you can connect the tow plugs together and have regular wiper function.

jeepxj95
12-28-2011, 08:11 PM
mine falles off ever now and then and i just put it back up there. u might also want to check the contacts. on my 90 had the same problem and i just unplugd it and pluged it back in and its worked great ever since