PDA

View Full Version : How I spent my Christmas

XJMJeep
12-27-2011, 02:15 AM
[IMG]http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb432/XJMJeep/th_housefir-1324686952bus.jpg[/IMG"]Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

The details the news station give of the story are mostly lies, its funny to hear what the news said what happened vs what really happened.

bluedragon436
12-27-2011, 02:27 AM
Ouch.. That sucks to see for sure, but glad to hear everyone was able to get out safely... The news usually tends to report with a lack of facts, one of the things that pisses me off, especially if I know the fact of whatever they are reporting!! I do like them talking about the lack of hydrants was just a way of life... bet his house burns the **** down, he wouldn't have that same reply to that!!

saar
12-27-2011, 07:21 AM
wow, is that your house?
(there was a dark XJ on the video...)
if it is yours, I hope you have insurance and I hope you have where to stay.
Merry Christmas....
Saar

Joliet Johnny
12-27-2011, 07:49 AM
That sucks, Ive been through this before. I got away with a little more than minor smoke damage and was sick for 2 days from the fumes. I did notice the green XJ so I hope you were one of the firefighters. Hope all is well with you and glad they said everyone was ok including the snake.

4.3LXJ
12-27-2011, 11:01 AM
Oh man, the joys of living in a rural town. I used to be a firefighter and know all about having nurse trucks to feed the pumpers. Sorry for the loss. You guys insured?

Firemanray
12-27-2011, 11:56 AM
XJMjeep-
I'm assuming that this was your house. I am sorry for your loss. I am glad you and yours are ok, in the end that is what really matters. I have seen this situation play out many times during my time as a firefighter, it is never easy to lose everything. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

cantab27
12-27-2011, 12:04 PM
far out mike ...sorry to see that...hope you and ya wife are ok....yeah media got a lot to answer to

4.3LXJ
12-27-2011, 12:05 PM
Hey Mike, I was just having a thought about your fire. I used to live up that way and burned wood for more years than I want to admit to. I suppose they attributed your fire to a chimney fire that got between the mortar in the chimney. Just a suggestion for next time. If you burn a wide open hot fire for 30 minutes per day, it will keep that chimney clean and not have those hot fires in it.

Jamie Lynn
12-27-2011, 10:43 PM
Wow..I'm so sorry to hear that...

LizardRunner
12-28-2011, 08:18 AM
Sorry for your losses Mike, Glad you guys are ok and the snake made it. I'll send up prayers for your family to make a speedy recovery from this mess.