PDA

View Full Version : Copies of engine vacum dial.

JEEPSTER4EVER
12-26-2011, 04:39 PM
I can't get a book on my jeep yet, so can someone send me pick of the vacum diagrams for a 2000 jeep XJ freedom, 4.0 if anyone can scan or copy and send them to my e-mail, on my jep over by the air breather but on the throttle body area the exowner unhooked something and put a screw in it. And I think thats why it's going through to much gas right now, I think I know whats missing but can't for the life of me remember the name of it. on the same area on my 89 has it but it's a whole new set up, and I need to know how it is set up on the 2000 one.
Thank you.
[email protected]

4.3LXJ
12-27-2011, 11:37 AM
Steve, if those 02 sensors are old, they wear out just like solar panels do. I realize there are four of them, but the two upstream sensors monitor the exhaust gasses and the ECM determines fuel mixture based on that data. They will not throw a code unless the heater in them is shot. You might want to replace them while you are at it. That should be done every time you change the plugs. Sorry about the vacuum diagram, my book only goes to 98

LizardRunner
12-28-2011, 08:22 AM
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=2000+jeep+cherokee+vacuum+diagram&qpvt=2000+jeep+cherokee+vacuum+diagram&FORM=IGRE See if these are the ones you need my friend.

JEEPSTER4EVER
12-29-2011, 11:00 PM
I don't think it's the 02 sensers, it's a part that deals with the vacum i've never been good with part names just good on working on them, but the part that's missing on my ex-explorer it was a $150.00 part was the cheapest that I found for it. it's round um on my 89 it's black, on the driverside, it hooks up to a vacum line/s that one of the pricey part that controls the fuel between lean and rich. I know theres alot of parts that do that but few that are black ( most cases) on jeeps. and it bolt up to the exaust pipe too. it's missing on my and has a screw in it's place and i'de be lucky if I'm even getting 7-8 miles to the gallon on her. I just wish I knew the name, i'm getting a book on it on the 3rd when i get paid, I was hopeing that I had pics of it to see what it looks like on my new jeep, and how it bolts/hooks up and maybe get lucky and be able to use the one from Ellenoir 89 XJ for now.
Thanks for the help and the reply, I appreciate it alot.

JEEPSTER4EVER
12-29-2011, 11:56 PM
Actuelly what i'm needing is how the E G R valve system is hooked up with the I believe from 90 or 91 and up are all the same I think, but not for sure. I do know is it a dfferent set than on my 89 XJ. If anybody got any pics or can get any pics of theirs that may have the same set up as my 2000 XJ, or a diogram from a book, drawing, something that can help me figure out how it hooks up, would be great. I'm hopeing that I can use the one from my 89 for short term.
Thank you, all