PDA

View Full Version : Welcome willpoot!!!

4.3LXJ
12-26-2011, 11:08 AM
Hi willpoot, welcome to the xjtalk forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

Got a Wrangler? Maybe a friend with one? http://www.WranglerTalk.com/

willpoot
12-26-2011, 11:37 AM
Hello all,
I just purchased my first Jeep. It is an 1995 Country. It is very clean inside and out. Seems to be okay mechanically. I do have some work to do on it and looking forward to
learning about Jeeps. It is basically stock and I would like to lift it in the near future. No clue how to do this. In the mean time I have to take care of the issues I purchased it with. It has 187000 miles on it. Front pinion seal leaking, input output seals leaking on T/C. Getting a bad Vibration when reaching speeds of more than 45-50 mph, mainly when giving gas. Looks like it may have the wrong u joint on the rear. Lots of movement and play. Just put new tires on it to rule that out. It helped. I will be replacing the
U joint and adding new shocks to rear and all leaking seals. Would gladly appreciate any suggestions on shocks. That's pretty much my Jeep profile currently. New to forums so if I goof up along they way, just yell at me so I don't keep it up.
Thank you for the welcome and now lets play.

I do have a question that I needs some expert advice on. Trying to figure out where to start.

Mudderoy
12-26-2011, 12:11 PM
Hello all,
I just purchased my first Jeep. It is an 1995 Country. It is very clean inside and out. Seems to be okay mechanically. I do have some work to do on it and looking forward to
learning about Jeeps. It is basically stock and I would like to lift it in the near future. No clue how to do this. In the mean time I have to take care of the issues I purchased it with. It has 187000 miles on it. Front pinion seal leaking, input output seals leaking on T/C. Getting a bad Vibration when reaching speeds of more than 45-50 mph, mainly when giving gas. Looks like it may have the wrong u joint on the rear. Lots of movement and play. Just put new tires on it to rule that out. It helped. I will be replacing the
U joint and adding new shocks to rear and all leaking seals. Would gladly appreciate any suggestions on shocks. That's pretty much my Jeep profile currently. New to forums so if I goof up along they way, just yell at me so I don't keep it up.
Thank you for the welcome and now lets play.

I do have a question that I needs some expert advice on. Trying to figure out where to start.

u-joints. They are pretty cheap and easy to replace and will give the issue you are describing. Much easier to change in your garage than on the side of the road, or worse, the trail. Once you have changed the u-joints if the problem still exists, you can remove the front drive shaft to see if the problem is with the rear of the drive train, or the front.

Lifting is pretty easy. Coils in the front, leaves in the back, and a few modifications on the front end to compensate for the change in geometry. It really depends on how much lift. Lifts in the 4.5" range will need a drop for the transfer case (to keep the drive line with good angles) or a SYE (Slip Yoke Eliminator) kit for the transfer case. The SYE range in price from $100 to $500.

:welcome: to xjtalk, and :thanx: for joining!

cantab27
12-26-2011, 01:07 PM
welcome wills.......... any questions just ask away......be no yelling in these forums unless ya one of them special red jeep owners...i would start with the vibration issue and tony has given you a start there.... dont be afraid to start a thread on each and every issue with ya jeep ........oh and pics my friend..........we love em

bluedragon436
12-27-2011, 12:52 AM
:welcome: to xjtalk, Will, from Delaware/Maryland!!

willpoot
12-27-2011, 06:05 AM
Thank you for the help Mudderoy. I will be doing the repairs today and see if that works. I will sure let ya know. I have another issue that I guess i need to start a thread on. Still trying to figure out how, (new at this). I don't want to jump on someone's thread and interrupt them. Just been busy, I will figure it out.

willpoot
12-27-2011, 06:07 AM
Thank you for the welcome Cantab27 and bluedragon436. I will add some pics soon.

bluedragon436
12-27-2011, 06:29 AM
Thank you for the help Mudderoy. I will be doing the repairs today and see if that works. I will sure let ya know. I have another issue that I guess i need to start a thread on. Still trying to figure out how, (new at this). I don't want to jump on someone's thread and interrupt them. Just been busy, I will figure it out.

Feel free to start a thread with any issues you might have.. You will def. get some feedback quite quickly as you have seen already, just in mentioning a few of the issues you are having in your intro thread..

4.3LXJ
12-27-2011, 11:42 AM

Will, again, feel free to start a thread with any question you have. There is a lot of expertise here you can draw on, and no bashing allowed. The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask.