PDA

View Full Version : What type of inverter do I need?

farmerjohnson
12-20-2011, 12:29 PM
I want to be able to use electric impact of an inverter. what size do i need? the impact gun is the Hf 1/2 corded electric impact.

4.3LXJ
12-20-2011, 03:21 PM
Nich, you size the inverter by how many watts the impact draws and needs to start the motor.

BlueXJ
12-20-2011, 04:39 PM
I suggest you not buy a HF inverter as I have had 3 to fail on way less wattage than they were rated for.

Carves
12-20-2011, 05:07 PM
I suggest you not buy a HF inverter as I have had 3 to fail on way less wattage than they were rated for.

Brand "quality" is probably the most important aspect ... and getting a bigger inverter than the intended power drain ... so its not working at full capacity all the time.

Whilst they can be a handy bit of kit ... Im not a fan of them either, after a few trials .... so now I have just have a little one for laptop rechargers & stuff like that.

4.3LXJ
12-20-2011, 05:28 PM
Mine has been handy. I was not able to use it for what I wanted in the first place, which was to run that 1 hp compressor for on board air. But it has been adequate for running power tools around the place and the refrigerator I put in sometimes. It keeps the ice cream frozen on the long drive home on hot days :p

farmerjohnson
12-20-2011, 08:25 PM
well ill be running oba so i wont need to run a compressor on it. just an impact, maybe a fridge and a laptop.