PDA

View Full Version : Welcome stanger351!!!

cantab27
12-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Hi stanger351, welcome to the xjtalk forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

Got a Wrangler? Maybe a friend with one? http://www.WranglerTalk.com/

dagr8tim
12-16-2011, 01:18 PM
Greets & Welcome Man.

stanger351
12-27-2011, 09:54 AM
Hey all!
Thanks to dagr8tim for putting me on to this site.
Two weeks ago, I had two XJs, a hunter green '95 (aka Slimer) and a black '98 (aka Black Dog). My son drove the '95, however he got another truck so I just recently sold Slimer. Slimer was pretty much stock with 235/75/15 tires and Dynomax exhaust. It was 4.0l w/ np231 and aw4 trans. It had two turquoise front fenders due to a run-in with a deer by a previous owner. I think that's the reason he didn't want to drive it. Invalid excuse if you ask me! It ran awesome.
Now I can concentrate on getting some things done to the '98. It has a rattly cat, so I was thinking about doing the Dynomax thing again but this time replacing the cat as well (Slimer had a "test pipe", also from previous owner). Black Dog is 4.0l, np231 and aw4. Just got finished with new brake line from m/c back to axle on this XJ so it can get on the road again.
Looking forward to talking to everyone here!

dagr8tim
12-27-2011, 10:29 AM
Hey all!
Thanks to dagr8tim for putting me on to this site.
Two weeks ago, I had two XJs, a hunter green '95 (aka Slimer) and a black '98 (aka Black Dog). My son drove the '95, however he got another truck so I just recently sold Slimer. Slimer was pretty much stock with 235/75/15 tires and Dynomax exhaust. It was 4.0l w/ np231 and aw4 trans. It had two turquoise front fenders due to a run-in with a deer by a previous owner. I think that's the reason he didn't want to drive it. Invalid excuse if you ask me! It ran awesome.
Now I can concentrate on getting some things done to the '98. It has a rattly cat, so I was thinking about doing the Dynomax thing again but this time replacing the cat as well (Slimer had a "test pipe", also from previous owner). Black Dog is 4.0l, np231 and aw4. Just got finished with new brake line from m/c back to axle on this XJ so it can get on the road again.
Looking forward to talking to everyone here!

We've also got a sister site of wranglertalk.com ;-)

4.3LXJ
12-27-2011, 11:44 AM
Welcome Jay. The exhaust sounds like a good plan.