PDA

View Full Version : Welcome KJWildman!!!

msmoorenburg
12-15-2011, 12:03 AM
Hi KJWildman, welcome to the xjtalk forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

Got a Wrangler? Maybe a friend with one? http://www.WranglerTalk.com/

KJWildman
12-15-2011, 12:33 AM
Hi, Thanks for the welcome. Just picked up a '91 cherokee Limited about a week ago to drive while my KJ is down for a motor swap. It has a 4.5" Trailmaster lift, 32" Cooper Discoverer STT's, Steel bumpers ( not sure of brand yet), Bushwacker cut-out fender flares, Baja RS front seats (still has the leather bench in back seat), Grant wheel and pioneer in the dash. It has the 4.0 I6 with the A340 trans and 242 transfer case. Went thru it this past weekend and did the new serp belt, plugs, wires, cap rotor, oil change, extended the diff breathers, rotated the tires, all new brake pads and shoes, installed new wheel cylinders on the rear brakes, replaced the steel brake lines on the rear diff, bled the brakes real well. Replaced the lift cylinders on the tailgate and retorqued the wheels tonight. going to do the brake booster/master cylinder upgrade to a dual diaphragm unit out of an '02 grand cherokee this weekend. There are no recovery points, so I ordered new shackle tabs from Tellico 4x4 tonight and will weld those to the steel bumpers this weekend too. After that it should be good enough to take me through the winter and maybe do a little wheelin until my KJ is done.
The KJ is an '02 with a custom one-off 6" IFS lift running 33's, cut wheel wells with custom flat fenders, custom safari style roof rack with hi-lift jack, shovel and spare, 4 forward lights and 2 reverse facing lights. It's getting a 347 small block Ford swap right now with a rebuilt, full manual, reverse pattern C4 with Mr. Gasket ratchet shifter and BW 1354 TC. Installing a custom dash with a full compliment of Autometer gauges. It won't be done till the middle of the summer the way I'm going but I've got the XJ now too!

See ya in the forums or on the trail!
Larry

BlueXJ
12-15-2011, 12:46 AM
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll187/90BlueXJ/GIFs/Welcome_SpinN.gif to xjtalk, glad you joined us.

Mudderoy
12-15-2011, 05:01 AM
Hi, Thanks for the welcome. Just picked up a '91 cherokee Limited about a week ago to drive while my KJ is down for a motor swap. It has a 4.5" Trailmaster lift, 32" Cooper Discoverer STT's, Steel bumpers ( not sure of brand yet), Bushwacker cut-out fender flares, Baja RS front seats (still has the leather bench in back seat), Grant wheel and pioneer in the dash. It has the 4.0 I6 with the A340 trans and 242 transfer case. Went thru it this past weekend and did the new serp belt, plugs, wires, cap rotor, oil change, extended the diff breathers, rotated the tires, all new brake pads and shoes, installed new wheel cylinders on the rear brakes, replaced the steel brake lines on the rear diff, bled the brakes real well. Replaced the lift cylinders on the tailgate and retorqued the wheels tonight. going to do the brake booster/master cylinder upgrade to a dual diaphragm unit out of an '02 grand cherokee this weekend. There are no recovery points, so I ordered new shackle tabs from Tellico 4x4 tonight and will weld those to the steel bumpers this weekend too. After that it should be good enough to take me through the winter and maybe do a little wheelin until my KJ is done.
The KJ is an '02 with a custom one-off 6" IFS lift running 33's, cut wheel wells with custom flat fenders, custom safari style roof rack with hi-lift jack, shovel and spare, 4 forward lights and 2 reverse facing lights. It's getting a 347 small block Ford swap right now with a rebuilt, full manual, reverse pattern C4 with Mr. Gasket ratchet shifter and BW 1354 TC. Installing a custom dash with a full compliment of Autometer gauges. It won't be done till the middle of the summer the way I'm going but I've got the XJ now too!

See ya in the forums or on the trail!
Larry

Yeah it amazes me how much effort people put into their build and pay no attention to recovery points. Well I guess that's a sign of confidence! :D

:welcome: and :thanx: for joining!

cantab27
12-15-2011, 10:27 AM
welcome Larry...post some pics of both ya jeeps..enjoy the site mate

4.3LXJ
12-15-2011, 12:13 PM
Hey Larry, sounds like a good start. So where is all this taking place at? Just in case I see ya on the trail

KJWildman
12-16-2011, 12:21 AM
I generally stick to the Midwest area. Wheel at The Badlands in IN a couple times a year, Bundy Hill Off Road is only about an hour ( or 10 minutes from where I have my camper on a seasonal spot at a campground ) or so from me here in Toledo OH ( HOME of JEEP!!! ) We also run down into KY or on farther up in to MI to Silver Lake Sand Dunes too.

I'll have to figure out how to post pics here on this site yet. I'll post them up on another thread in the general section I guess. Unless there is somewhere else more appropriate.

cantab27
12-16-2011, 12:26 AM
just follow this link for pics mate..

http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=174

4.3LXJ
12-16-2011, 11:59 AM
I generally stick to the Midwest area. Wheel at The Badlands in IN a couple times a year, Bundy Hill Off Road is only about an hour ( or 10 minutes from where I have my camper on a seasonal spot at a campground ) or so from me here in Toledo OH ( HOME of JEEP!!! ) We also run down into KY or on farther up in to MI to Silver Lake Sand Dunes too.

I'll have to figure out how to post pics here on this site yet. I'll post them up on another thread in the general section I guess. Unless there is somewhere else more appropriate.

Not much chance of us running into each other. I am on the west coast and will probably not get farther than Moab, if I ever get there.

bluedragon436
12-16-2011, 12:06 PM
:welcome: to xjtalk from Delaware/Maryland!!