PDA

View Full Version : My Xj bad front bearing, My wife's ZJ serious whinning noise

budgetxjmcknight
12-12-2011, 07:06 PM
My 89 XJ, put new unit bearings up front, now the DS is going bad again. My wifes ZJ has started this god awfull whine at 15 MPH and doesn't stop till you do, if you touch the transfercase shifter just barely, it gets louder. And back to my XJ, When I first crank it up it sounds like a pully chirpping. When I opened the hood to check it out, its coming from the back of the motor, maybe oil pump????

4.3LXJ
12-13-2011, 12:00 AM
Jason

I need some more info on your XJ. It would help me if you filled out your vehicle info in the User CP. Do you have a standard tranny?

BlueXJ
12-13-2011, 10:39 AM
On the ZJ whine is there any lube in the TC? Check all fluids at least weekly on top and monthly underneath. What is the drivetrain in the XJ?

budgetxjmcknight
12-13-2011, 05:05 PM
I thought that I had filled out the info on my XJ, guess not though.. Its an 89 has 208xxx on it runs really good tho. I found out what was chirping under my hood, its the distributer???? Never saw that before. And as for the ZJ, all the fluids are up to par and I try my best to keep everything serviced properly due to the fact my future wife and kids ride in it. Did me doing a trans pan service with rather high mileage mess it up? i normally wouldn't have done that but the gasket was leaking so I replaced it and while there put in a new filter but haven't done anything to the TC other than check the fluid, and it was good....

budgetxjmcknight
12-16-2011, 04:59 PM
Well for some reason now, i noticed that when the temp outside has gone up a bit, the distributer doesn't make any noise. Am i running the wrong viscosity oil or something. I am completely stumped on this one.

budgetxjmcknight
12-20-2011, 08:19 PM
Its not the bearing this time.. Have quite a few bad bushings in the front. Yaaaaay.