PDA

View Full Version : Welcome budgetxjmcknight!!!

BlueXJ
12-06-2011, 07:01 PM
Hi budgetxjmcknight, welcome to the xjtalk forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

Got a Wrangler? Maybe a friend with one? http://www.WranglerTalk.com/

budgetxjmcknight
12-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Thank you for the opp. to be a part of XJ talk. I just happened apon the site and am glad I did. I haven't had my xj long and have been held back from my plan to build due to the planning of a wedding. I'm also new to fourwheeling, I have always had the interest in it, but never owned one. But, so far i have wheeled where I have found to go, and so far so good. I don't know anywhere to properly put mine through the ringer yet but I'm looking....

cantab27
12-06-2011, 07:20 PM
welcome to the site jason

1ATony
12-08-2011, 03:52 PM
welcome to the site

4.3LXJ
12-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Thank you for the opp. to be a part of XJ talk. I just happened apon the site and am glad I did. I haven't had my xj long and have been held back from my plan to build due to the planning of a wedding. I'm also new to fourwheeling, I have always had the interest in it, but never owned one. But, so far i have wheeled where I have found to go, and so far so good. I don't know anywhere to properly put mine through the ringer yet but I'm looking....

So Jason, what part of the country are you from?

Mudderoy
12-08-2011, 11:31 PM

You'll find that the XJ is a good off road vehicle right out of the box. It's fun to modify them, but really you just need a little more aggressive tire for most of the stuff.

bluedragon436
12-09-2011, 07:29 PM
:welcome: to xjtalk from Delaware/Maryland, Jason!! If you head just south on I26 there is an awesome offroad park called Gulches (http://www.gulchesorvpark.com/), you can definitely run your XJ through some good stuff there..

budgetxjmcknight
12-09-2011, 08:02 PM
I have heard of Gulches. I really want to go there, but havent had the time yet. I do keep having a problem with my front wheel bearing on the drivers side giving out, ne advise??

bluedragon436
12-10-2011, 12:12 AM
I take it you already replaced the wheel bearing before?? And how many have you gone through in that position??

budgetxjmcknight
12-12-2011, 06:35 PM
When I first bought it the tires were really load but i didn;t pay it much attention untill I noticed it at work on the concrete that my front tires were leaving rubber when i turned. I found both the front unit bearings bad and replaced them both, now the DS is trying to go bad again. That and I noticed that when i stop at a light and go again it seems like the whole front axle is shifting back and forth with the weight of the jeep??????

4.3LXJ
12-13-2011, 12:01 AM
the shifting is possible. Have you checked your bushings in your suspension links? They can go bas over time. When they do, the axle will shift.

budgetxjmcknight
12-23-2011, 08:32 PM
sure enough, the bushings are bad. and the bolts for the sway bar are loose. Good news is the bearing is ok but whats up with the bushings???? where can i find a quality kit, i want to go ahead and handle them all at once.:confused:

4.3LXJ
12-23-2011, 08:44 PM
Mark from Payless 4X4, a vendor on this site can fix you up with rubber or poly bushings