PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Question :)

Passt
12-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Hey everyone,

I've done quite a bit of research on the stock speaker size considering how many threads there are on this, but I am getting conflicting results in my searches. I have a 2000 Jeep Cherokee 2 door sport. I have the double din with the CD player, but I don't see any infiniti logos. I have the rear sound bar across the ceiling. I can't figure out what size speaker to buy for the front doors, does anyone have a solid answer for this? I believe the rears are 5 1/4? Any help on the front size would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

prerunner1982
12-02-2011, 02:25 PM
My 93 had 5 1/4" speakers in the door and that is what also goes in the rear hatch. May also be the same size for the sound bar.

Granted there are 7 years between our XJ's..so they could have changed them.

The only way to know for sure is to take off the door panel and measure the existing speaker.

I have also seen conflicting info online regarding this subject.

4.3LXJ
12-02-2011, 04:51 PM
5 1/4" is the official size. I did mount some Sony Xplode 6" speakers in my wife's 86. I just bolted them on with sheet metal screws. However, the Pioneer 6" I have in my 86 need a little work to do it. But you cannot put the larger speakers underneath the panel. The larger ones have to be surface mount.

XJ4IV
12-02-2011, 05:38 PM
yup 5.25 is all the EVER put in the doors on XJ however with a bit of work you CAN swing a 6.5 in there youd just need to cut a little OR mount them to the door panel interior but best to stick with OEM

Passt
12-02-2011, 11:13 PM
Great info, thanks for the help everyone.