PDA

View Full Version : Genral annoyance from ebay

Joliet Johnny
11-30-2011, 11:44 AM
My XJ has to be the most annoying vehicle Ive owned to date when it comes to finding things on ebay. If I type in "Cherokee" I get mostly generic crap one size fits all items and alot of stuff for the Grand Cherokee. If I type in "XJ" then I get to see a bunch generic crap one size fits all parts and parts for the Jaguar that wishes it was as cool as a Jeep. But if you type "Jeep XJ" you miss most of the parts because most people aren't clever enough to list that way. Anyone found a better way to search?

LizardRunner
11-30-2011, 11:46 AM
craigs list, lots easier to use than Ebay.

Joliet Johnny
11-30-2011, 11:59 AM
Very true about craigslist but as a night shifter sometimes ebay is my best bet. That and Advanced Auto online, keep free shipping me those parts with 15% off and a free $50 gift certificate when I spend $100 :)

Mudderoy
11-30-2011, 02:57 PM
Very true about craigslist but as a night shifter sometimes ebay is my best bet. That and Advanced Auto online, keep free shipping me those parts with 15% off and a free $50 gift certificate when I spend $100 :)

Do you know about putting "-grand" in your searches? :D

Do your search and look for things that you DON'T want to see then just add the words you don't want to see in your search results (ex: -grand -stroller -indian). This will remove the results that contain those words.

saar
12-01-2011, 05:54 AM
Thank you Mudderoy,
I didn't know that either and I use ebay a lot....
Saar

Mudderoy
12-01-2011, 09:32 AM
Thank you Mudderoy,
I didn't know that either and I use ebay a lot....
Saar

Good, all to often I seem to offend people with all to basic information, so it makes me feel good when I share something useful! :D

Keep in mind that this works for Google, Bing, etc... as well.

4.3LXJ
12-01-2011, 09:40 AM
Thanks for that Tony. Will try it.