PDA

View Full Version : New Question From PVT.Tadpol XJ....

pvt.tadpolxj
11-29-2011, 02:50 PM
Hey Everybody out there in Jeep Country......I wanting to drain and refill my cooling system...I am wondering if there is a drain plug on the block somewhere? And on what side......Thank's for the reply's...:patriot:

Firemanray
11-29-2011, 02:55 PM
There is one on the radiator, however, if it's like mine it's nearly impossible to get to. I just popped the lower hose off and dumped it that way. Be sure and backflush the radiator and heater core when you do this.

XJ4IV
11-30-2011, 08:43 AM
yes on the radiator passenger side facing the fender NOT facing the motor... in order to get your fingers to it you have to remove your grille and headlamp bezel... might be easier to just do what ray says and remove the lower hose and let 'er rip!
besides IF you can get to the drain valve... the chances of it breaking are about 90% so best just leave her be and drain with hose!

OrangeXJ
11-30-2011, 09:35 AM
If I remember right there is a block drain on the intake/exhaust side of the engine. It looks like a pita to get to.

Joliet Johnny
11-30-2011, 11:26 AM
I found this link

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/engine-coolant-drain-plug-where-734080/

this doesnt look like fun and I was unable to get at the drainplug on my radiator last time (laziness) so I just let the lower hose do all the work. Just make sure you clean up all the coolant if you have pets.