PDA

View Full Version : Probably gonna get banned on CF....

Firemanray
11-19-2011, 12:41 PM
....but this guy is a freak'n thief. I called him out on it.
http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f9/opinions-grinder-112963/#post1333865

Mudderoy
11-19-2011, 12:46 PM
....but this guy is a freak'n thief. I called him out on it.
http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f9/opinions-grinder-112963/#post1333865

When I read stuff like that I have to think they aren't serious. Maybe he is, I mean women do it with dresses, right? No I know, not all women.

alwaysxj
11-19-2011, 12:50 PM
I am not saying it is right to do but......
I bought a welder from HD for about $75% of the cost. someone bought it and used it and then returned it, since it did not have a box and showed use they sold it to me cheap because of it being used...
Personally I think if you had the $4-500 to buy it just to weld one thing or a couple things just pay a damn welder to do it for you. that way do don't screw anybody.

Firemanray
11-19-2011, 12:54 PM
When I read stuff like that I have to think they aren't serious. Maybe he is, I mean women do it with dresses, right? No I know, not all women.

Right, I've about a lot of women doing that. I just can't warp my mind around that. If your going to rent it, then rent it. People like that have never run a business. It seems they think it "doesn't hurt anyone", I guess some people think the corps. have a money printing press like Obama's!:D

Mudderoy
11-19-2011, 12:56 PM
Right, I've about a lot of women doing that. I just can't warp my mind around that. If your going to rent it, then rent it. People like that have never run a business. It seems they think it "doesn't hurt anyone", I guess some people think the corps. have a money printing press like Obama's!

It may not be criminal, or even against a businesses polices, but it is certainly unethical.

Firemanray
11-19-2011, 01:03 PM
It may not be criminal, or even against a businesses polices, but it is certainly unethical.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

702XJCruiser
11-19-2011, 01:19 PM
Well, let's turn this one around to the little guy's perspective. Is it ethical for large corporations to report severe losses of income on a yearly basis due to the poor economy then pay the executives huge bonuses, and then lay off regular guy's like you and me because well, they've lost lost money.

You guys are correct. Doing what this guy is talking about doing is unscrupulous, but he is simply doing what these corporations do to us. They use us to meet their needs as cheaply and cost effectively as possible and then they return us to unemployment.

Firemanray
11-19-2011, 01:33 PM
Well I didn't get banned. The powers that be on CF saw it my way I guess, I got kudos and he got the infraction. Who'd thunk it.:D

Mudderoy
11-19-2011, 01:35 PM
Well, let's turn this one around to the little guy's perspective. Is it ethical for large corporations to report severe losses of income on a yearly basis due to the poor economy then pay the executives huge bonuses, and then lay off regular guy's like you and me because well, they've lost lost money.

You guys are correct. Doing what this guy is talking about doing is unscrupulous, but he is simply doing what these corporations do to us. They use us to meet their needs as cheaply and cost effectively as possible and then they return us to unemployment.

It's business. No I don't like it either but a business is IN buiness to make a profit. If they have share holders they have to perform for the share holders and not the workers.

This is why unions were created years ago and to a certain degree I think they are a good thing.

As workers we should pick and choose where we work. If we didn't work for company's that did such crappy things they would quickly have to offer more money, benefits, etc...

The idea that the government should step in and take care of this for us is a horrible idea. It might work out well in the short term and cause you to sleep better at night, but eventually things will be worse. People won't do their jobs (even worse than it is now) because they have this guarantee that the government gives them.

One of the reasons we drive Jeeps is because we have the attitude that we can go places the normal sheep can't go. Do something more, better. Would you rather have the government dictate to you what you can drive, where you can go?

One other aspect of dealing with companies that don't value you as a worker? Start your own company! Make you company where you value not only your customers, but your employees! About 10 years ago now one man owned a company that employed about 100 employees. The business, family owned, had been in business for 89 years. The business, a factory, caught fire and burned to the ground. It was going to take 18 months to rebuild the factory. Simple solution really, let everyone go and then hire them back when you were ready. He didn't do that! He paid FULL pay until the building(s) were rebuilt! I'm reciting this from memory so some if the finer details may be a little wrong. But I was very impressed with this story.

So as a worker, husband and father I like the idea of not having to worry about what the company I work for is going to do, but I do like having the freedom of choosing where I work and having the ability to get a much money for that job as I can. Freedom it isn't easy.

Firemanray
11-19-2011, 01:50 PM
I own my own business and when push comes to shove my families welfare will come before that of my employees. That may sound bad on the outside but I have that obligation first. How does that relate to a big corp.? While there is a tremendous amount of corruption and greed in the free enterprise corporate America it's still the best system in the world. The government seems to be the ones screwing it up. However heard of being "to big to fail", I was raised on the philosophy that the bigger you are the harder you fall. Without government intervention the system will regulate itself, having said that the system has been tampered with so much the self regulation is GONE. Even minimum wage is a problem unto itself. The gov. says "you can't pay below this level", so that sets a "negative" standard. Had the gov. stayed out of people would regulate it by making demands and negotiation, not regulation.

I could go on for hours about this stuff. My belief is to work hard, provide a great product for a "fair" price and be honest and ethical.

To big to fail, that's just dumb!!

bluedragon436
11-19-2011, 02:57 PM
What a douche!!! I had to make a comment on what someone else said in reply to his stupidity... I'm surprised no one has closed that thread yet though... it is only going to get worse on that thread!!

BlueXJ
11-19-2011, 05:07 PM
What a douche!!! I had to make a comment on what someone else said in reply to his stupidity... I'm surprised no one has closed that thread yet though... it is only going to get worse on that thread!!

It was closed and moved to the trash. I know because I did it.
Blue

cantab27
11-19-2011, 05:36 PM
Probably gonna get banned on CF....
well i might ban ya for ya avater......photo-shop of a red jeep wheeling, and wheeling hard....:D

we get that here as well...but most shops only offer store credit not ya cash back......

dagr8tim
11-19-2011, 05:38 PM
Damn, I wanted to read it. :-(

Firemanray
11-19-2011, 05:55 PM
It was closed and moved to the trash. I know because I did it.
Blue

Thanks! I figured I was going to stir up the hornets nest with my post, didn't know he would end up being the one in deep :turd:.

bluedragon436
11-19-2011, 10:23 PM
Thanks for moving it to the trash, Blue!! Like I said.. it was only going to get worse.. I didn't see that thread stopping for a while if it didn't get closed!!

Mudderoy
11-20-2011, 06:53 AM
I'm really surprised the guy was so open about what he was doing (going to do). Sounds like a troll to me...

:trolls:

07Negative
11-20-2011, 04:53 PM
How do you get banned from CF? I want my account deleted.

Firemanray
11-20-2011, 04:57 PM
How do you get banned from CF? I want my account deleted.

You probably, really don't want to do that. There is a lot of good info there. This is the best Xj site to be on but it's good to be able to find info from other sources when you need it.

HOWEVER.... if you insist just start a thread about removing your catylatic converter and presto, you will be in really hot water.:D

steph74
11-21-2011, 11:34 AM
or send a private message to a mod and ask them to remove you form the site.... I also do not see the point on being banned .... they have info that are really valuable as well....

I haven;t seen the tread you guys are talking about but people do that all the time... Maybe some companies should think really seriously about renting tools to prevent this .....

Mudderoy
11-21-2011, 12:05 PM
or send a private message to a mod and ask them to remove you form the site.... I also do not see the point on being banned .... they have info that are really valuable as well....

I haven;t seen the tread you guys are talking about but people do that all the time... Maybe some companies should think really seriously about renting tools to prevent this .....

Is there a requirement to be a member at CherokeeForums to read the useful information? I thought that was available to guest and members alike.

steph74
11-21-2011, 12:34 PM
maybe but still what is the point for not being able to either participate in a discussion or ask clarifications on a question... I don;t know it is just my opinion it is not like they spam you...

4.3LXJ
11-21-2011, 01:33 PM
I think some of what has happened is a result of the clientele they have. Mike can tell you more since he is a mod there also. A lot of them are young and say things they shouldn't. But on the other hand I think they are really trying to clean that up. I have been flamed and nearly banned too. The banning was from a moderator being a little too ruthless I think. Anyway, Mike straightened that out. But on the other hand, there is some rudeness we just don't have here. I think once it is there, it is hard to get rid of.

07Negative
11-22-2011, 11:07 PM
My grief with CF is the rudeness, horrible search option, the same stupid questions over and over again. DW, lift, and tires. But I suppose you get out what you put in. Since I don't know how to weld. I'm not able to contribute as much as others.

cantab27
11-22-2011, 11:58 PM
My grief with CF is the rudeness, horrible search option, the same stupid questions over and over again. DW, lift, and tires. But I suppose you get out what you put in. Since I don't know how to weld. I'm not able to contribute as much as others.

that's why its different here....no such thing as a stupid question...

don't mind the odd questions like can i run 33s on a 3".....
what size tires can i run i my stock xj..

whats that little black bulb like thing on my roof by my rear vision mirror

why are green jeeps better than red...

tis all good here and will get a answer....
one of my pet hates is use the search button......as a answer.......

4.3LXJ
11-23-2011, 12:03 AM
That is the difference here. No rudeness. I answered a tricky question on anther forum. Got a response wanting to know how long I had been around Jeeps etc. You don't get that here. It is nice and comfortable on this forum.

Firemanray
11-23-2011, 08:14 AM
Welcome to the site!! Ask and you shall be answered!

@wayne- now don't be giving out bad information, green jeeps are not better than red jeeps! That's your opinion, not to be confused with the fact that RED JEEPS RULE!!

LizardRunner
11-23-2011, 08:52 AM
clicks my heals three times... there's no place like xjtalk, there's no place like xjtalk, there's no place like xjtalk.

BlueXJ
11-23-2011, 10:53 AM
! That's your opinion, not to be confused with the fact that RED JEEPS RULE!!

We know it is wrong but we humor you. BLUE JEEPS ARE THE BOMB.

4.3LXJ
11-23-2011, 03:56 PM
Well said Mike, but then again it goes without saying.

Mudderoy
11-23-2011, 04:53 PM
maybe but still what is the point for not being able to either participate in a discussion or ask clarifications on a question... I don;t know it is just my opinion it is not like they spam you...

I'm not saying to delete the account. I was just under the impression that everyone had full access to the site.

lol no hidden addenda there. :rolleye0012:

Mudderoy
11-23-2011, 04:56 PM

@wayne- now don't be giving out bad information, green jeeps are not better than red jeeps! That's your opinion, not to be confused with the fact that RED JEEPS RULE!!

rofl Ray has a point Wayne! :poke:

Carves
11-23-2011, 05:14 PM
that's why its different here....no such thing as a stupid question...

don't mind the odd questions like

1/. can i run 33s on a 3".....
2/. what size tires can i run i my stock xj..
3/. whats that little black bulb like thing on my roof by my rear vision mirror
4/. why are green jeeps better than red...

tis all good here and will get a answer....
one of my pet hates is use the search button......as a answer.......

Sheesh cantab ....

1/. Probably
2/. About 31" I think .... before needing fancy mods
3/. Its the remote keyless entry receiver,
4/. Green better than Red .... :crazy:

Pffffttt ... time for some of that " rudeness" me thinks .... :D

I'll suggest using the search function from time to time ... but normally offer a hint/tip or link as a starting point.

My pet hate is those who just waltz in and post a question without having done any looking for a similiar issue. See it sometimes on JeepForum ... 3 threads started during the one day ... All on the same topic ... :bang:

..... and Ive got all the time in the world for a newbie who drags up an old thread, looking for/wanting ... updates/longterm info and further instal help.

cantab27
11-23-2011, 06:16 PM
wow feelin the love right there.......................couple of good points carves...have seen and know what ya mean about that Aussie site.....jk drivers mainly........still i would rather ignore the question , that answer with use the search button......most times that button drags up pages of bitch slapping dribble , and the info ya after is on the last page of a 27 page thread....................................ps you all wait till my green brothers read the last 3 post.......................

4.3LXJ
11-23-2011, 06:47 PM
I don't like those "use the search button" answers. Lots of people that need answers don't even know what questions to ask. If you don't know that, you cannot use the search function well at all. Plus many of our new members don't know the features of the site which makes them say "search, what search button" When I started visiting forums I could not even use it to find my own posts. It is best to answer the question or leave it alone.

jccatt
11-24-2011, 05:54 AM
Whats you talkin bout Willis. I don't know bout no dam search button...

Green Jeep Mobile

BlueXJ
11-24-2011, 01:23 PM
I don't like those "use the search button" answers. Lots of people that need answers don't even know what questions to ask. If you don't know that, you cannot use the search function well at all. Plus many of our new members don't know the features of the site which makes them say "search, what search button" When I started visiting forums I could not even use it to find my own posts. It is best to answer the question or leave it alone.

You have to have a basic understanding of how things work. If we were in the days before interwebs when we went to the library we has to use the card file and that taught you how and why you search, but today everyone expects to have answers given to them without exerting any effort. That is lazy at best and ignorance at worst.
If you don't want to exert any effort then you don't deserve an answer in my opinion.

4.3LXJ
11-24-2011, 02:07 PM
You have to have a basic understanding of how things work. If we were in the days before interwebs when we went to the library we has to use the card file and that taught you how and why you search, but today everyone expects to have answers given to them without exerting any effort. That is lazy at best and ignorance at worst.
If you don't want to exert any effort then you don't deserve an answer in my opinion.

That is true to a certain extent. But I remember when I first joined CF it took me awhile to learn that when searching you had to use advance search or you couldn't find anything. I was on forums over a year before I learned how to use that move to the last unread post chevron. Jeeps I knew, forums I didn't.

Mudderoy
11-25-2011, 05:53 AM

That is one way of looking at it. I used to think that people cutting other people off in a vein attempt to get down the road just seconds ahead of where they would be idiotic. There was even times (in my younger days) that I'd chase them down and slow them down. A few years later after having a few family emergencies and trying to drive an hour to get to my injured child I had a new perspective as to why, just possibility, these people had a very good reason for wanting those few seconds. Now I know they are probably still a$$holes but now I give them the benefit of the doubt.

Officially this is what we do here at xjtalk. We give people the benefit of the doubt when they need help. They may be new to forums, they may be worried about their daily driver, and how they are going to get to work, they may be a kid with very few dollars to spend on their beloved XJ. It doesn't matter, they have a question and we're going to do the best we can to answer it and help.

We are not going to discourage people from asking questions simply because they didn't meet our standards.

xjtalk.com exists because of the specific reason you are describing, those that have the information and experience being sick of tired of those people that do not.

Firemanray
11-27-2011, 05:27 PM
Once again I just questioned why I even go over there. I haven't posted much there in a long time. A guy asked for pictures depicting different back spacing so I sent pictures of my 15x10 w/ 4" back spacing. Some goon gets on and says he hates to tell me but that's not 4" back spacing. I didn't reply, someone else did for me. Anyway I thought "who are you to tell me what I have and don't have" I built the dang thing I believe I know what I installed on it. Maybe I took it wrong but he wasn't even involved with my responce to the OP.:rant:

cantab27
11-27-2011, 08:56 PM
Once again I just questioned why I even go over there. I haven't posted much there in a long time. A guy asked for pictures depicting different back spacing so I sent pictures of my 15x10 w/ 4" back spacing. Some goon gets on and says he hates to tell me but that's not 4" back spacing. I didn't reply, someone else did for me. Anyway I thought "who are you to tell me what I have and don't have" I built the dang thing I believe I know what I installed on it. Maybe I took it wrong but he wasn't even involved with my responce to the OP.:rant:

maybe you should have used the search button ray .....:smiley-taunt013:

Firemanray
11-27-2011, 09:03 PM
maybe you should have used the search button ray .....:smiley-taunt013:

I got a search button for him allright, search and DESTROY!!:D

4.3LXJ
11-27-2011, 09:17 PM
He probably couldn't have found his back side with the button stitched to it.

Firemanray
11-27-2011, 09:18 PM
The guys here are great ( there are some nice one's there also), I always feel comfortable posting here.