PDA

View Full Version : fuel pump

BOOM-stick
11-17-2011, 04:10 PM
Hi all, got a problem and need some help. My fuel pump went out on my 89 xj with the bosch pump and went to napa to get a replacement they gave me pn 74155, well the top of the pump is a different shape than the bosch and the bottom is a bigger diameter just not going to fit in the stock set up. My question is has anybody else had this problem.

Mudderoy
11-20-2011, 06:48 AM
Hi all, got a problem and need some help. My fuel pump went out on my 89 xj with the bosch pump and went to napa to get a replacement they gave me pn 74155, well the top of the pump is a different shape than the bosch and the bottom is a bigger diameter just not going to fit in the stock set up. My question is has anybody else had this problem.

I guess the answer is no, so far. Please keep us up to date on this. Sounds like you don't have the right part!

BOOM-stick
11-20-2011, 09:17 AM
Well after a week and three different fuel pumps I found that napa pn p74302 is a direct replacement for the bosch pump, napa store didn't list it but I found it on their website. Got it all put back together and still running like it is not getting fuel when you accelerate. Put a new fuel filter and found a vacume line unhooked still not running right, going to do some more checking today, damn cold weather. lol:bang:http://www.xjtalk.com/images/smilies/bang.gif

4.3LXJ
11-20-2011, 10:56 AM
Just by chance, have you checked your fuel pressure? Your regulator is on the back of the rail I believe.

BOOM-stick
11-21-2011, 06:27 PM
Well, might have found the problem, when replacing a bunch of vaccume line awhile back I changed out the line to the map sensor. Must have left too much slack in the line it was resting on the manifold heat shield and melted in half, duh. This time I put some sleeving on the line and changed the routing and am going to put some extra line in the toolbox. Seems to run better, I'll find out on the drive to work tomorrow, lol Just gotta think all that I learned from my little fiasco. Thanks for the help! , will let you know how it goes.

BOOM-stick
11-23-2011, 08:09 PM
RUNS LIKE A TOP. http://www.xjtalk.com/images/smilies/banana.gif

4.3LXJ
11-23-2011, 11:35 PM
Glad to hear it :thumbsup: