PDA

View Full Version : I'm not entirely new

SoCalwheelin
11-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Well here we go.

Good morning moderators. As you all may or may not know, I joined this sight only aa couple months ago. I have read and absorbed a plethora of technical and hands on information. Unbelievable.

Now I am going to be on this site alot. I hope to make new friends, as I am going to be asking alot of questions,(perhaps not all good questions. Some may seem dumb.)

My name is Marlon. I live in So. Cal. I have for my 46 yrs of life. I am an equipment operator, (going on 25 yrs).

I recently bought a 2000 xj. I've always wanted a Jeep and knew someday I would buy one. What I didn't realize, is how quickly this ownership would take on a life of it's own. I am now on a first name basis with the people at the local pick a part and the parts guy over a Donavee Jeep in Anaheim.

So any way thats me .New and very addicted. Thanks for having me.

I am now going to start a "Build." Photo documented and updated as often as needed. Any help, criticisizm, and or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Mudderoy
11-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Well here we go.

Good morning moderators. As you all may or may not know, I joined this sight only aa couple months ago. I have read and absorbed a plethora of technical and hands on information. Unbelievable.

Now I am going to be on this site alot. I hope to make new friends, as I am going to be asking alot of questions,(perhaps not all good questions. Some may seem dumb.)

My name is Marlon. I live in So. Cal. I have for my 46 yrs of life. I am an equipment operator, (going on 25 yrs).

I recently bought a 2000 xj. I've always wanted a Jeep and knew someday I would buy one. What I didn't realize, is how quickly this ownership would take on a life of it's own. I am now on a first name basis with the people at the local pick a part and the parts guy over a Donavee Jeep in Anaheim.

I am now going to start a "Build." Photo documented and updated as often as needed. Any help, criticisizm, and or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome, no problem being new, or less than. I was amazed at how few problems I had with my 1998, but that was for the first 9 years and 100k miles, of ownership.

Things that I needed to change really is just wheel bearing assemblies, water pumps and radiators and transfer case chain. Now some of the upgrades I have done may have fixed some issues yet to surface.

Don't worry about the dumb questions, we all ask them and we do so, usually, because we are missing some critical piece of information, or understanding how things go together. Only two ways to find out. Ask, or tear it down and look. Asking is by far the smarter and cheaper thing to do. :D

All in all a very dependable vehicle.

4.3LXJ
11-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Hey Marlon, welcome again from NorCal. Jeep bug bit you eh? We are all that way. Looking forward to your build

1ATony
11-08-2011, 02:25 PM
welcome to the site.

SoCalwheelin
11-08-2011, 03:51 PM
Thank you all I juast came back from pick a part . I'll be going back tomorrow . I think I found an 8.25 on a 96 up country but wasn't sure so I thoought I would do some research before I tear it out . Any info on this?

4.3LXJ
11-08-2011, 05:36 PM
My understanding is that 96 was a transition year for axle size. To be sure you get the big axle, you need a 97 to be sure without pulling the axle.

bluedragon436
11-11-2011, 12:33 PM
:welcome: to xjtalk Marlon, from Delaware/Maryland!! Nothing wrong with picking up the Jeep bug.. just wait till it really bites you and the build truly begins!! LOL.. And feel free to ask any question(s) that come up.. trust me they will get answered and you will not be judged or flammed for your questions or comments that you have..

Showtime3492
11-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Well here we go.

Might wanna rip that head off there and throw a different one on in the future or you could have future issues lol just wanted to throw that out there considered i just got my 2000 with a bad motor due to head failure.

Showtime3492
11-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Thank you all I juast came back from pick a part . I'll be going back tomorrow . I think I found an 8.25 on a 96 up country but wasn't sure so I thoought I would do some research before I tear it out . Any info on this?

You want one out of a 97 up they were 29 spline. There will be a noticeable difference if its an 8.25 as compared to the other option i nthe dana 35 in appearance. The 35 is a sort of oblong center section as the 8.25 is much more circular. Some of the 8.25s had limited slips in them also. My 2000 does