PDA

View Full Version : Finally pulled the trigger...

pikapp504
11-01-2011, 11:54 AM
...and bought the IronRock 3" lift kit. My question(s) next are: a) do I need to do anything about the track-bar? The sales lady said that with their 3" kit, a track-bar adjustment would not be needed (but I disagree). And b) should I get some BPE's while I'm thinking about it or just wait and see if I break anything while removing/installing the lift?

4.3LXJ
11-01-2011, 12:23 PM
I used my stock track bar with a three inch lift. Most three inch lifts are within the normal range of motion of the suspension, so you don't really need one. But you will notice a slight offset of the front end, but not a lot. As far as the BPEs go, if you are changing shocks, that is a good idea. But you have to use different shocks with them, so don't get them unless you are going to order the shocks to go with them.

pikapp504
11-01-2011, 12:31 PM
Well, I ordered the 3" kit from IronRock and I don't know if they come with the proper shocks for a BPE. I could always press out the new shock's pin and then use the BPE's...that way I could use the new shocks AND BPE's.

4.3LXJ
11-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Well, I ordered the 3" kit from IronRock and I don't know if they come with the proper shocks for a BPE. I could always press out the new shock's pin and then use the BPE's...that way I could use the new shocks AND BPE's.

I have done that. If you press out the pin, the hole is really small. So you really need the proper bushing for it. That is why you need to get them when you order the proper shocks for them.

pikapp504
11-02-2011, 08:07 AM
Gotcha. Well, I guess I'll stick with the "stock" mounting for now. Definitely thinking of getting an adjustable trackbar, HD tie-rod bar/ends and quick disco's next.