PDA

View Full Version : So you wanna date my daughter....

Firemanray
10-30-2011, 09:42 PM
....forget the shotgun behind the door, the shovel, and the 5 acres of woods. If she don't intimidate you, you might stand a chance.
She going to college to be a U.S. Marshall:
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd11/firemanray21/391572_1848422228968_1793094603_1232809_1837518803 _n.jpg

Working the Sig:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwUBmAurxQk

20 yard grouping:
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd11/firemanray21/051a.jpg

4.3LXJ
10-30-2011, 11:52 PM
I always scared the boys off with the tarantula. If they wouldn't hold it, they couldn't go out with her.

bluedragon436
10-30-2011, 11:57 PM
Hey nothing wrong with them having fear of her... Just causes them to have respect for her too..

LizardRunner
10-31-2011, 08:09 AM
now there's a young woman that can take care of herself! When my daughter started dating I'd meet the young man with my 81 colors on then I'd remind him there is no place on the planet he could hide from me. Worked every time. Or maybe it was the pig cleaver I had in my hand:rolleye0012:

saar
10-31-2011, 08:34 AM
My daughter is 9 years old, it is so much fun to see that I have something to look for.... :)
As one of my friends told to his daughter's boyfriend: you are too tall for me to bit, but can pay taller people to do so :)

Saar.

dagr8tim
10-31-2011, 11:57 AM
I've got 3 daughters (10, 3, & newborn). I've been practicing my SE Ohio Appalachian accent to inform young men that I know some very deep strip pits where you'd never find a body. And with a Jeep, I can be assured I can get to them.

4.3LXJ
10-31-2011, 07:14 PM
My son has an 11 year old girl. When the boy comes to pick her up, he will be cleaning his weapons. Shot gun shells will have his name on one.

steph74
11-01-2011, 10:13 AM
My son has an 11 year old girl. When the boy comes to pick her up, he will be cleaning his weapons. Shot gun shells will have his name on one.

I like the name on the shell concept...

It is a right of passage for a boy to go pick up girlfriends and meet parents.... my son was too chicken to go ask talk to his GF's dad and ask him specifically if he could date his daughter.... if you are a chicken and don;t ask me... you are not good enough for my daughter...or anybody's daughter..

Mudderoy
11-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Maybe it's because I have two daughters, but the subject of this post just makes me nervous.

4.3LXJ
11-01-2011, 12:25 PM

It is a right of passage for a boy to go pick up girlfriends and meet parents.... my son was too chicken to go ask talk to his GF's dad and ask him specifically if he could date his daughter.... if you are a chicken and don;t ask me... you are not good enough for my daughter...or anybody's daughter..

Then there is always Grandpa. I still have he spider :D

dagr8tim
11-01-2011, 12:32 PM
I dunno about asking the father to date the daughter before hand. That seems a bit old fashioned.

I do think the young man needs to have a sit down with the father after asking the daughter out. What I think would be more effective than firearms, would be to have the little meet and greet out in the garage and show the young man how dangerous shop equipment could be. And how easy it is to have an accident.

4.3LXJ
11-01-2011, 12:39 PM
I dunno about asking the father to date the daughter before hand. That seems a bit old fashioned.

I do think the young man needs to have a sit down with the father after asking the daughter out. What I think would be more effective than firearms, would be to have the little meet and greet out in the garage and show the young man how dangerous shop equipment could be. And how easy it is to have an accident.

The firearms, and the discussion involves what will happen if you gets her knocked up. Nowadays, sex and sex education is treated so lightly in school, and combined with the fact that schools do not want parents interfering with that aspect, that a little real consequences need to be clearly understood by all parties. And I wholly agree, there will be no teenage pregnancies allowed. End of story.

dagr8tim
11-01-2011, 12:42 PM
The firearms, and the discussion involves what will happen if you gets her knocked up. Nowadays, sex and sex education is treated so lightly in school, and combined with the fact that schools do not want parents interfering with that aspect, that a little real consequences need to be clearly understood by all parties. And I wholly agree, there will be no teenage pregnancies allowed. End of story.

My Fiance & I both work in public health. I could give you more statics on teen sexuality than you'd care to know. My thought is that you are not going to stop kids, so just educate them to wrap it up and do it safely.

Firemanray
11-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Maybe it's because I have two daughters, but the subject of this post just makes me nervous.

With the right training and upbringing you'll have no worries. This includes but is not limited to the subject matter in post #1!

4.3LXJ
11-01-2011, 01:16 PM
My Fiance & I both work in public health. I could give you more statics on teen sexuality than you'd care to know. My thought is that you are not going to stop kids, so just educate them to wrap it up and do it safely.

I disagree. We had two instances where we knew boys were going to get our daughter into a situation where sex was more than likely going to happen. Older boys, one "visiting from out of town" who had a motel room, bla bla bla.

We put our foot down and said NO. There was lots of trauma, until one of the boyfriends slept with another girl and so forth. But we avoided a bad situation, and we also did not have either one of those boys come around again. Had there been a pregnancy, all hell would have broken loose I assure you.

dagr8tim
11-01-2011, 01:26 PM
I disagree. We had two instances where we knew boys were going to get our daughter into a situation where sex was more than likely going to happen. Older boys, one "visiting from out of town" who had a motel room, bla bla bla.

We put our foot down and said NO. There was lots of trauma, until one of the boyfriends slept with another girl and so forth. But we avoided a bad situation, and we also did not have either one of those boys come around again. Had there been a pregnancy, all hell would have broken loose I assure you.

That's different, and an exception. Not the rule for teen age daughters that are dating.

Firemanray
11-01-2011, 02:10 PM
This is not meant to be agumentative but,, I think SOME folks teach safe sex only and leave out the options of abstinence. On the other hand the teaching of abstinence without some real, down to earth birds and bees education begs trouble also. My daughter is 20 now and can do what she chooses but I taught her the virtues of keeping it zipped a long time ago. To this day she still chooses to wait for Mr. Right.

dagr8tim
11-01-2011, 02:28 PM
This is not meant to be agumentative but,, I think SOME folks teach safe sex only and leave out the options of abstinence. On the other hand the teaching of abstinence without some real, down to earth birds and bees education begs trouble also. My daughter is 20 now and can do what she chooses but I taught her the virtues of keeping it zipped a long time ago. To this day she still chooses to wait for Mr. Right.

I'm not trying to start a fight. But I can show you time and time again where abstinence only education has failed.

I agree that keeping your pants zipped is the only 100% method. That being said, with all the hormones teenagers have, that's not as effective as parents would hope. So I'm in favor of giving teens another option.

Also, teen pregnancy rates have dropped over the last 60 years. In part due to young people waiting longer to get married. The only group that teen pregnancy is on the rise for is Hispanics. But that trend follows a general rise across the board in Hispanic birth rates.

If you pick up a copy of Seventeen mag from the 50's. It was all about planning for your wedding and setting up your house.

steph74
11-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Man, education alone does not help when you are talking about a behavior as primitive as reproduction....

Parents do not hesitate to be in control and know when you have to say no... but do educate your kids on the danger of unprotected sex....

The firearms, talk is mostly a joke.... but it reminds the fact that as parents we have to protect our kids... and that is done by some kind of intimidation.... You are 15, you have fire in your pants, you are taking this sweet beautiful girl for Prom.... man you are ready to do it....Will you believe that the father will kill you if you do it ? Not really.... will you remember that there is a limit to not cross ? not really...will she be able to stop you ? Hopefully and she might have better success by reminding you the image of the protective parents... weather it comes with a shotgun in hand or a couple of torture tools...

Oh by the way THEY know the dangers of unprotected sex believe it or not... the same way they know the dangers of doing drugs, or smoking, or drinking and driving..... Just like we know all these things

4.3LXJ
11-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Now in spite of the joking, I really did make them hole the spider. Only had one taker, and he minded his P's and Q's

It let them know I was serious about respecting her, and me.

Metlic53
11-01-2011, 06:02 PM
i'm 20 and i've had a few girlfriends, i've always asked the mother and father if i could date their daughter before i asked the girl. it just seems like the right thing to do, that way they know whats coming and what she means to me. i'm 20 dating an 18 year old and we've been together a month. And no way am i going to have a kid before i'm married, i'd have a panic attack, i need to live my life for awhile first, get through college and get married first! i dont want to be the one that screwed up his life for sex...

Firemanray
11-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Kudos to you!! Hard to find young men with your attitude these days.

steph74
11-02-2011, 10:29 PM
i'm 20 and i've had a few girlfriends, i've always asked the mother and father if i could date their daughter before i asked the girl. it just seems like the right thing to do, that way they know whats coming and what she means to me. i'm 20 dating an 18 year old and we've been together a month. And no way am i going to have a kid before i'm married, i'd have a panic attack, i need to live my life for awhile first, get through college and get married first! i dont want to be the one that screwed up his life for sex...

This is a great attitude.... indeed. Just a note though, I don't think you screw up your life with getting pregnant and creating life.... you just make it a little harder:-)

Sent from my EPAD using Tapatalk

cantab27
11-02-2011, 10:33 PM
what is this sex thing you guys speak of........i got a 17 year old boy.... might make him read this thread.........

4.3LXJ
11-03-2011, 01:10 AM
what is this sex thing you guys speak of........i got a 17 year old boy.... might make him read this thread.........

I can put the spider in his lap. Take his mind right off it.:rolleye0012:

bigjim350
11-03-2011, 01:20 AM
You could have put a lion in my lap at 17 and it still would'nt have taken my mind off of sex.......

steph74
11-03-2011, 08:16 AM
Heck I had a tiger in my pants at 17....... I am not scared of spider so that would not really have any effect on me ;)

however if it was a serpent then that would be a different story.... I freeze when I see a snake, no matter what kind or size -)

LizardRunner
11-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Ok Steph that didn't quite sound right:smiley-laughing021:

steph74
11-03-2011, 10:54 AM
I just reread that and yes this is not really what I wanted to say ;).... you know if there are 2 different meaning to what I say and one of them is offending/shocking you then I meant the other one ;)

Mudderoy
11-03-2011, 10:59 AM
I just reread that and yes this is not really what I wanted to say ;).... you know if there are 2 different meaning to what I say and one of them is offending/shocking you then I meant the other one ;)

Oh those unintended double entendres! :D

Jarlaxle
11-03-2011, 08:52 PM
I always scared the boys off with the tarantula. If they wouldn't hold it, they couldn't go out with her.

I'm out then...it could kill me! (I'm allergic to spider bites.)

Jarlaxle
11-03-2011, 08:54 PM

Had I asked her father's permission to date my wife, I would not be married and might not be alive. I can think of NOTHING that would have sent her into orbit faster than that!

Jarlaxle
11-03-2011, 08:57 PM

Damn. :rolleye0012:

*runs*

4.3LXJ
11-03-2011, 09:28 PM
I'm out then...it could kill me! (I'm allergic to spider bites.)

So am I. But she is nice. Never bites. If she is POed at you she will smack you with her front legs.

steph74
11-03-2011, 09:32 PM
What is wrong with you ..... you have a spider and you are allergic?.... hello is there anybody up there?
OK I work with rodents and I am allergic to them as well.... one friend is allergic to hay, Alfa a, pollens, cattle hair and straw.... he is a farmer lol

4.3LXJ
11-03-2011, 09:38 PM
What is wrong with you ..... you have a spider and you are allergic?.... hello is there anybody up there?
OK I work with rodents and I am allergic to them as well.... one friend is allergic to hay, Alfa a, pollens, cattle hair and straw.... he is a farmer lol

Well, I am not totally allergic. I did have to learn to handle her with care, with a leather glove until I got used to her and she to me. Only smacked me with her legs once right after I got her home.

But the guys that really make me wonder is the PhD types that work with scorpions. Saw one that had no feeling in his index finger from two stings. Still no gloves.

Metlic53
11-04-2011, 09:32 AM
Kudos to you!! Hard to find young men with your attitude these days.

i am told this all the time everywhere i go. I wish there were more like me ( no ego intended )

dagr8tim
11-04-2011, 09:36 AM
i am told this all the time everywhere i go. I wish there were more like me ( no ego intended )

Be glad there are not. Less competition for the good ones.

Jarlaxle
11-04-2011, 08:43 PM
So am I. But she is nice. Never bites. If she is POed at you she will smack you with her front legs.

One MOLECULE of spider venom could kill me. It will send me into anaphalactic shock. Spiders are the reason Raid was invented!