PDA

View Full Version : Looking for good Radiator?

pvt.tadpolxj
10-30-2011, 10:40 AM
Hey everybody....I'm not having the best luck with my radiator leak...Where can i get a good radiator?...:patriot:

XJ Wheeler
10-30-2011, 02:06 PM
A few years back i replaced my leaking radiator, i just went with a stock replacement from Advance. Still doing well, the radiator along with a 180° t-stat and it usually stays at 180-190. You can also get a 2 row radiator instead for a more cooling but also more $.

XJMJeep
10-30-2011, 11:03 PM
I had a great experience with Radiators4less, I bought a Champion 2 row aluminum for my 93 from them for just a little more than a stock replacement from O'Reilly's.
During installation I bent one of the transmission line connectors and after contacting them to buy a replacement they sent me 2 free of charge and even used FedEx to send them.
I plan on buying any future radiators from them. :thumbsup:
http://stores.ebay.com/Radiators4Less

pvt.tadpolxj
10-31-2011, 03:45 PM
Thank's you guy's......Awesome!.....JEEP...JEEP...JEEP....:smi ley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:

jeepxj95
10-31-2011, 10:58 PM
just dont get one with a copper brass core or ull have issues. i got mine from advanced and i think its the fat single core and i love it.

Mudderoy
11-01-2011, 06:38 AM
I had a great experience with Radiators4less, I bought a Champion 2 row aluminum for my 93 from them for just a little more than a stock replacement from O'Reilly's.
During installation I bent one of the transmission line connectors and after contacting them to buy a replacement they sent me 2 free of charge and even used FedEx to send them.
I plan on buying any future radiators from them. :thumbsup:
http://stores.ebay.com/Radiators4Less

I got turned off on the Champion radiators because of the figment issues. The fill neck is supposed to be shorter than it needs to be. Did you have any problems with fitting the radiator in your XJ?

Mudderoy
11-01-2011, 06:40 AM
just dont get one with a copper brass core or ull have issues. i got mine from advanced and i think its the fat single core and i love it.

Yep that's been my experience. Single row aluminum/plastic fixed my 4 years of running hot on the highway. 3 row CSF was what I had in there.

I do want to get a 2 row all aluminum though.

Carves
11-01-2011, 09:00 PM

It wont be the copper core that causes an issue ... but perhaps the design of the various ones - sold for XJs.

... as I know the 2row copper/brass one Im using - outperforms - the, off the shelf, 2row plastic/aluminium ones ... at low & high speeds.

Theres not a lot of room in an XJ ... and I suspect that, 3 or more row radiators for them ... have probably been compromised by using smaller tubes in the core .... or perhaps all the extra tubes impede airflow ... but I would have to pull one apart to confirm that.

The radiator manufacturers .... should be able to provide build specs .. e.g. my ruff & tuff "aussie" radiator is an ADRAD - JEE9001.C/A2.,

42mm thick 2row CT core
16mm x 1.25mm tube
12.7 fins per inch
Plain Tube - no dimples

... and comes giftwrapped in a purdy cardboard box .... With Made in Thailand stamped all over it ... :rolleyes:

... U.S. radiator mobs should be able to tell you what they are selling ... and if the sellers like Advance, Autozone whatever ... have any interest in their repackaged/rebranded products ... they should know as well. ;)

LizardRunner
11-01-2011, 09:09 PM
I would not go to a three core radiator in a 4.0 XJ, two core should be plenty. All aluminum allows you to use AN fittings and SS braided lines which will last almost forever if you take care to flush and refill every two years. I plan on getting the champion two core all aluminum because I will be adding the AN fittings for the hoses and I will adjust the filler height at the same time.

XJMJeep
11-02-2011, 12:38 AM
I got turned off on the Champion radiators because of the figment issues. The fill neck is supposed to be shorter than it needs to be. Did you have any problems with fitting the radiator in your XJ?

The only issue I had out of the box was the radiator cap it comes with looks like this:
http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb432/XJMJeep/cap.jpg

The ears on the cap would hit the metal plate that holds the radiator in.
I replaced it with one that looks like this:
http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb432/XJMJeep/cap1.jpg

Only problem after that was caused by me bending the transmission line connector.

jeepxj95
11-03-2011, 12:08 AM
hope u use a 16 psi cap??

XJMJeep
11-03-2011, 01:51 AM
hope u use a 16 psi cap??

Pictures are for example only!
Quickly stolen from the internet for reference to shape

scubadvr
11-08-2011, 11:43 AM
www.radiatorbarn.com I know several people who have ordered from them. Plus:
- Free Shipping with In US