PDA

View Full Version : On the level

smityjt
10-30-2011, 08:11 AM
Hey everyone, long time lurker first time poster.

So I've had rubi's short arm superflex kit on for about a year and a half now and in between that time and now have accumulated extra weight with bumper, winch ect. I would really like to get the front level with the rear again but I'm not sure what would be the best way to go about it.

I've been thinking about getting the acos. I like the idea of having the ability to adjust front height as needed. But I'm wondering if this will effect the handling. Should I be looking at different springs instead?

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj223/smityjt44/Xj.jpg

Mudderoy
10-30-2011, 08:55 AM
Hey everyone, long time lurker first time poster.

So I've had rubi's short arm superflex kit on for about a year and a half now and in between that time and now have accumulated extra weight with bumper, winch ect. I would really like to get the front level with the rear again but I'm not sure what would be the best way to go about it.

I've been thinking about getting the acos. I like the idea of having the ability to adjust front height as needed. But I'm wondering if this will effect the handling. Should I be looking at different springs instead?

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj223/smityjt44/Xj.jpg

I'll answer with the answers I was given. You could do it with new coils or spacers. Either will work. So an adjustable spacer is a great solution.

Thanks for un-lurking. Love the picture. Everyone loves red around here. :D

4.3LXJ
10-30-2011, 10:45 AM
Welcome to the group Smity.

You can raise it with spacers or the ACOS. The ACOS adds a minimum of 1 3/8" to the front height. If that is too much, you can throw in a 1" spacer or use one factory isolator that will add 1/2"

bigjim350
10-30-2011, 11:10 AM
Yep the spacers or ACOS are the way to go. The only way it will change the ride is because of the angle of the arms. The springs will still ride the same. Oh and welcome to the site.