PDA

View Full Version : Rear bumpers for cut and fold??

Sneedle Vision
10-29-2011, 09:06 PM
Is there anyone else who makes a a bumper that is pre-built ready to go on for someone who has done the cut and fold mod to the rear quarters?

http://www.ajsoffroadarmor.com/images/D/Bumper%20finished%20018.jpg

The only one I found was AJ's offroad. There is the custom route of course, but that usually costs quite and I don't have the welding skills to do it myself.

And if there is a tire swing add-on, that would be just perfect!

Showtime3492
10-29-2011, 09:15 PM
I built one for my xj its in my build thread in. Link in my Sig.

Sneedle Vision
10-29-2011, 09:38 PM
I built one for my xj its in my build thread in. Link in my Sig.

Looks nice, but like I said, looking to find one to buy since I can't build one.

I've got a custom design in my head I want to use, but don't want to pay the mega bucks to have it built. So I'm looking for a pre-made compromise.

Showtime3492
10-29-2011, 11:42 PM
Looks nice, but like I said, looking to find one to buy since I can't build one.

I've got a custom design in my head I want to use, but don't want to pay the mega bucks to have it built. So I'm looking for a pre-made compromise.

I just got a new xj an doubt ill be using it since its not cut and folded and most likely wont ever see it. so itll be in the shed. Its beefy as shit though if youd be interested in it lol it weghs like 85 pounds haha

Sneedle Vision
10-30-2011, 11:49 AM
I just got a new xj an doubt ill be using it since its not cut and folded and most likely wont ever see it. so itll be in the shed. Its beefy as shit though if youd be interested in it lol it weghs like 85 pounds haha

Ahhh, I understand now. I thought you were just trying to show off.

Anyone else know of a another bumper for cut and fold??

Showtime3492
10-30-2011, 12:04 PM
Ahhh, I understand now. I thought you were just trying to show off.

Anyone else know of a another bumper for cut and fold??

No just got a new jeep that i dont wanna cut and fold and also dont really wanna scrap the bumper cuz people around my area are affraid of the quater fold apparently.

LizardRunner
11-03-2011, 01:22 PM
you might look at Detours stuff.

Sneedle Vision
11-04-2011, 02:27 AM
you might look at Detours stuff.

That's what I ended up doing. And picked up a set of Detours sliders as well.

Pretty pumped about it, they can't get here soon enough.

bluedragon436
11-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Nice deal.. Can't wait to see the Detours goodies, once you do get them..

XJ Rat
11-06-2011, 01:28 PM

You might be surprised at the cost to get one built. Years ago I took drawings for a swing out w/bumper to a weldor for my TJ. He worked up the cost, it was a couple hundred less than buying one ready built, and the bumper was sealed to be used as an airtank. Oh yeah, the bumper and swing out was stainless steel too.

Can you draw?

Sneedle Vision
11-06-2011, 11:59 PM
You might be surprised at the cost to get one built. Years ago I took drawings for a swing out w/bumper to a weldor for my TJ. He worked up the cost, it was a couple hundred less than buying one ready built, and the bumper was sealed to be used as an airtank. Oh yeah, the bumper and swing out was stainless steel too.

Can you draw?

Yeah, I had one all set up and stuff, but the two places I'd trust to build it wanted over $1000 which is more than I wanted to spend on one thing.

It all worked out in the end. It left me with a few extra bucks towards regearing.

DETOURS
11-08-2011, 05:40 PM
I know your real name......nah nah.......na nah nahhhhhhhh...:thumbsup:

bluedragon436
11-08-2011, 06:57 PM
Yeah, I had one all set up and stuff, but the two places I'd trust to build it wanted over $1000 which is more than I wanted to spend on one thing.

It all worked out in the end. It left me with a few extra bucks towards regearing.

And I'm sure it will turn out better in the end, with the choice you made, than what you would have gotten locally anyways..

saar
11-09-2011, 03:37 AM
Can anyone tell if that hurt the chassis (on the rear end)?
Thanks,
Saar

4.3LXJ
11-09-2011, 09:40 AM
Saar, do you mean the cutting and folding of the rear corner panel? No it does not. That area is for looks and being street legal in place of mud flaps in many states here in the US

jdougn
11-10-2011, 11:42 AM
AJs Offroad Armor has the Tank.
JCR Offroad calls their new one the Crusader
Both make rear bumpers for XJs with the rear quarter panel folded.

Here's a good write up on the process:
Jeep Forum - Cnt n Fold the Right Way (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/cut-fold-rear-lower-quarter-panels-right-way-1007865/)

Jake, (Paraleyes) is also running our V2 Heavy Duty Fender Flares for Jeep Cherokees with the quarter panel folded!

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l265/paralies/My%202000%20XJ/NPP/73db5c7c-1.jpg

prerunner1982
11-10-2011, 12:05 PM
JCR Offroad calls their new one the Crusader

Prototype pictures posted yesterday...

http://www.jcrpics.com/misc/Prototypes/XJCrusadesProtoType/RearCrusaderCnFTC2.jpg

Sneedle Vision
11-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Prototype pictures posted yesterday...

http://www.jcrpics.com/misc/Prototypes/XJCrusadesProtoType/RearCrusaderCnFTC2.jpg

I kind of like that JCR, but when I called them to ask some questions, they were real jerks. One of their guys even hung up on me mid-question.

So no soup for you!