PDA

View Full Version : Good news bad news

OrangeXJ
10-27-2011, 08:40 AM
I have been offered a new job with in the company I work for. The good news is I will be making quite a bit more money. The bad news is my present job comes with a company truck the new one does not. So it's looking like 1 of the jeeps is going to have to go so I can get a DD that can handle the 95 mile comute to my new office. Sadly it looks like the XJ is going to have to go.

Mudderoy
10-27-2011, 08:43 AM
I have been offered a new job with in the company I work for. The good news is I will be making quite a bit more money. The bad news is my present job comes with a company truck the new one does not. So it's looking like 1 of the jeeps is going to have to go so I can get a DD that can handle the 95 mile comute to my new office. Sadly it looks like the XJ is going to have to go.

Hey congratulations! Wow 95 miles, I hope that is round trip!

OrangeXJ
10-27-2011, 09:02 AM
Hey congratulations! Wow 95 miles, I hope that is round trip!

Thats round trip. From Kemah to the north belt. Depending on Houston traffic 1 hour each way.

Carves
10-27-2011, 09:05 AM
Life in an orange prius ... just wont be the same ... :D

Mudderoy
10-27-2011, 09:06 AM

He'll still have the TJ that he can take on those extreme bad weather days we have.

msmoorenburg
10-27-2011, 09:06 AM
Thats round trip. From Kemah to the north belt. Depending on Houston traffic 1 hour each way.

Aww its entertaining to drive in the XJ :rolleye0012:. Conroe to Downtown Houston for me. I feel your pain :noevil:

OrangeXJ
10-27-2011, 09:08 AM

Not in Houston traffic

OrangeXJ
10-27-2011, 09:10 AM
He'll still have the TJ that he can take on those extreme bad weather days we have.

Accually I have my eye on a 06 Z71

msmoorenburg
10-27-2011, 09:16 AM
Accually I have my eye on a 06 Z71

OUCH my gas bill in a Liberty is bad. I can imagine what a z71 will be

OrangeXJ
10-27-2011, 09:20 AM
OUCH my gas bill in a Liberty is bad. I can imagine what a z71 will be

It will be better than 12 mpg for the XJ and 10 mpg for the TJ

msmoorenburg
10-27-2011, 09:22 AM
It will be better than 12 mpg for the XJ and 10 mpg for the TJ

Not by much my 04 Ram gets 14~18 (depends on a tail or head wind) :sign0181: its the tow rig now days

OrangeXJ
10-27-2011, 09:24 AM
Not by much my 04 Ram gets 14~18 (depends on a tail or head wind) :sign0181: its the tow rig now days

O well the raise will more than cover the truck payment and the gas

Mudderoy
10-27-2011, 09:27 AM
http://www.thegearmovement.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/prius-truck.jpg

Al Gore is spinning in his grave.... ahhhh own lard.

Mudderoy
10-27-2011, 09:30 AM
Ahhh Greg you need a diesel or a LPG conversion. I'd like to have a diesel set up to run on french fry oil. I'd love sitting in traffic on 45 smelling up the place like freshly cooked french fries!!!! :spongebob:

bigjim350
10-27-2011, 11:55 AM
I drive 87 miles round trip everyday in a 3/4ton gas truck. It does get a bit pricey.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/bigjim350/th_003-8.jpg (http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/bigjim350/?action=view&current=003-8.jpg)

cantab27
10-27-2011, 12:03 PM

you shall be banned for these pages i'm afraid Greg..............
one way around this is to keep the xj and well, buy a push bike.......
:driving:
just saying:D...congrats on the new job mate

OrangeXJ
10-27-2011, 01:29 PM
you shall be banned for these pages i'm afraid Greg..............
one way around this is to keep the xj and well, buy a push bike.......
:driving:
just saying:D...congrats on the new job mate

I shall never be banned. I will sneek in the back door and torment everyone :D At least I'm keeping the green one. :D

Metlic53
10-27-2011, 01:36 PM
ive got an 06 z71 with a bully dog chip and she gets about 16 or so highway, it sucks in traffic or around town

LizardRunner
10-27-2011, 02:54 PM
Motor Cycle gets better mileage and you get some fresh air.

Firemanray
10-27-2011, 04:09 PM
Motor Cycle gets better mileage and you get some fresh air.

You've never driven in Houston traffic have you!?! You won't get any fresh air because you'll be holding your breath in fear all the time.

Firemanray
10-27-2011, 04:10 PM

What with the big raise and all why not just keep both of them AND buy something fuel efficient?

OrangeXJ
10-27-2011, 05:56 PM
What with the big raise and all why not just keep both of them AND buy something fuel efficient?

Insurance beleve it or not there is a limit on how many cars you can have on a policey. And the boss ( wife says one has to go )

Carves
10-27-2011, 06:53 PM
Wellll ... after reading this thread again ....

I think Ive got some more good news / bad news for ya ....

Good news is I know just the vehicle that will tick all the boxes for you :D

Its a truck ...
Cheap to run coz its dual fuel ...
Aircon & pwr str to keep the missus happy ...
TJ bucket seats so you'll feel right home ...
Moose rated brushguard ...
RHD - So it will be a conversation piece in the bar ... and Hooooston traffic should steer clear of you - Since it will look like its out of control with no driver ...

Heck, its even a hybrid - When you consider the Ford badge is mounted on a mazda or kia built grille, powered by a mitsibishi motor, has a converted toyota tray body ... and GM mudflaps.

Meet MiniMack ...... which will be up for grabs soon .....

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/Funnies/Ute02.jpg

Best of all ..... It can even be used to transport your TJ since its done that before on a 7hr trip ....

Mind you ... You have to do the trip a coupla times ... ;)

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n629/carves-oz/Funnies/Ute03a.jpg

Now for the bad news ......

Postage and packaging will be your responsibility after purchase .... altho if you charge an inspection fee to dagr8tim who wants a look at a dual fuel setup ... you might recoup some of that ....

:D:D

Firemanray
10-27-2011, 08:13 PM
Insurance beleve it or not there is a limit on how many cars you can have on a policey. And the boss ( wife says one has to go )

I guess thats true, I have 5 and have to carry 2 policies. 4 on one policy and the 5th on the other. The only reason I bought the Xj was to DROP my rates. By adding the 5th vehical (Xj) with liability only I save $40 a month. The Xj is my 20 y/o daughters "designated vehical" even though she drives an '03 mustang. All perfectly above board and legal!!