PDA

View Full Version : Welcome HPI_Savage25!!!

BlueXJ
10-26-2011, 12:29 PM
Hi HPI_Savage25, welcome to the xjtalk forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

Got a Wrangler? Maybe a friend with one? http://www.WranglerTalk.com/

bluedragon436
10-26-2011, 03:32 PM
:welcome: to xjtalk from Delaware/Maryland!

XJ Wheeler
10-26-2011, 03:58 PM
Hey, i know what that username means. Theres some radio-control peeps on here, there's a thread on here somewhere. Welcome.

jeepxj95
10-27-2011, 01:13 AM
welcome to xj talk

cantab27
10-27-2011, 01:15 AM
welcome to xjtalk

HPI_Savage25
10-27-2011, 06:48 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome!!!!

I'll give a little info about myself...

I'm 18 years old and always loved to work on cars. During high school all four years I was in the automotive class. My senior year I was in the class for (4) hours a day. Out of 6. Always thought I wanted to make a career out of it. I graduated on a Saturday and that Monday I started working at a ford dealership on the Quicklane. After about 5 months I decided it wasn't for me. Now I am going back to lawn care and starting my own business.

Now onto the XJ! Long story I bought my current XJ and aquired another which I was going to make one nice one and give to someone my
Mom works with that didn't have any transportation and was walking 2 hours one way to work. Only to did out she goes from town to town getting handouts. Once we found that out I claimed the nice XJ as mine!

It is a 1990 Cherokee with the 4.0 and an automatic transmission. Has 145k miles. Leather seats, power everything, 4x4 and all. Here was the catch. Paid $300 and it wasn't running. The wiring harness was burned up.

The shop gave me a wiring harness for it I just had to put it in. So I started tearing the front off to access all the wiring where I could fish it al out and put the new one in. Got it all together and had to buy some new battery cables as they were burned and replace some going to the starter. Put the battery charger on and after a good 3-4 mins of it turning overbite started up, with LOTS of black smoke out the exhaust for the first 30 seconds then it stopped. Ran good for a week ten it started leaking oil. Spent a week trying to dig the rear main out with no luck. Took to a shop and he put it back together hoping to fix the leak without replacing the rear main. Lasted a whole week.

Well now we are up to date on the jeep. Still leaking oil but it's a jeep right? Haha.

As far as my username goes those that are into RC know the meaning of it. I have always been a HPI fan and always ran a savage. My savage is in the process of being built up as a flux with BL and lipo. Hopefully have it ready for the No limit RC world finals at diggers dungeon in may.

Thanks again for the welcome and looking forward to all the great info here.

4.3LXJ
10-27-2011, 12:32 PM
welcome to the site. Good luck on that rear main

HPI_Savage25
10-27-2011, 02:09 PM
Rear main is just going to have to leak. The old one is so brittle it's not coming out. Mine has the two piece. We took the rear main cap off and basically chiseled it out for a week. We tried on the top for a few days with no luck so it will stay until I put a new motor in it.