PDA

View Full Version : Rattling under carriage. help...

Bryan_o
10-22-2011, 10:59 PM
my jeep seems to have a bunch of rattling and what not when i go over speed bumps. i have gotten under the jeep and checked the things i thought of like the control arms and the trans and also all the bushings. need help rides extremely rough any suggestions.

cantab27
10-22-2011, 11:01 PM
ya exhaust hitting anything,,, the cats can get a rattle thing happening...

Dirt Dogg Rydas
10-22-2011, 11:26 PM
X2
Check your exhaust from start to finish

Bryan_o
10-22-2011, 11:52 PM
just went out and checked that. no go

Bryan_o
10-22-2011, 11:55 PM
oh yeah and i also have a new exhaust.

702XJCruiser
10-24-2011, 01:53 PM
Could be one of these stuck up there.

http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac80/djmell762/xjtalk/rattlesnake.jpg

prcjeep
10-24-2011, 02:37 PM
my jeep seems to have a bunch of rattling and what not when i go over speed bumps. i have gotten under the jeep and checked the things i thought of like the control arms and the trans and also all the bushings. need help rides extremely rough any suggestions.

I think you've got some or many bad bushings... Mine rattles like crazy when im going fast on bumpy roads but it becuase of my lca/uca rough country joints(or so i think). Before my lift though i had bad leaf spring bushings/control arm bushings, etc.. Try greasing up every fitting you can find underneath. My front skid plate is loose so it rattles as well... if you've got skids, chekc them out

oh and as far as checking the exhaust... get a rubber mallet and hit on both the cat and the muffler to hear for rattling... If any of the honeycombs on the inside of that cat are damaged they can turn sideways and cause back pressure on the engine leading to worse things, just ask me how I know lol