PDA

View Full Version : Please help...Leaking Radiator....

pvt.tadpolxj
10-22-2011, 08:08 PM
Hey folk's, I have gotten a pinhole in the side of my radiator. And it leak's a lot.. Anybody got a good fixer-upper for a pin hole leak. It's a OEM. from Autozone. The side's are Molded plastic.....Pvt.Tadpolxj...:banghead:

Carves
10-22-2011, 09:05 PM
A pinhole leak in the molded tank .... or a pinhole leak between the tank and the core ??

A self tapping screw and some permatex or similiar RTV - may fix a pinhole in the tank ... unless its a crack not just a pinhole ....

Leaky seams are normally - dodgy quality, seals used between the tank and the core.

Firemanray
10-22-2011, 11:32 PM
IF it's in the core and IF it's aluminum BARS leak stop makes some awesome alum. sealer. When I stuffed my fan into mine it was shooting a good stream out. Dumped some BARS aluminum sealer in and still don't have a leak.

Dirt Dogg Rydas
10-22-2011, 11:50 PM
I used some stuff from the auto parts store to fix a crack in the plastic radiator piece. It's temporary but I've had it for a week give or take(not In an xj). I'll get the name of the product for you tomorrow and a picture of what I did.

pvt.tadpolxj
10-24-2011, 05:40 PM
Thank's everybody for the reply's...I went ahead a bought a good bottle of the bar's additive to add into my radiator. it is a slow leak so i have to add a little every morning until it solve's the leaking..i think it is going to take care of the leak....Thank's again...:noevil:

bigjim350
10-25-2011, 12:03 AM
Where is it leaking from? If its from the seal between the core and the tank, you can fix it by crimping it down a bit more.

pvt.tadpolxj
10-25-2011, 08:17 AM
No bro. it is a pin hole right in the side panel on the passenger side. Don't know where it came from?.. I am hoping bar's will fix it up....:drinking:

4.3LXJ
10-25-2011, 03:10 PM
The screw idea will work much better.

pvt.tadpolxj
10-25-2011, 04:12 PM
Thank's 4.3L I have that in mind. Fortunately i can still try that if the bar's will not fix....Thank you again everybody....I'll get back in a few day's....:driving::driving::driving: