PDA

View Full Version : Groupon

prcjeep
10-18-2011, 12:56 AM
So Ive been subscribed to Groupon for some time and get the deals emailed to me everyday... Still have not bought any of them...

If you also get the groupon updates, Tell us what you have bought or what deals you thought were great but just didnt get...

Replies can be with deals from other discount social media sites too...

Mudderoy
10-18-2011, 02:24 AM
So Ive been subscribed to Groupon for some time and get the deals emailed to me everyday... Still have not bought any of them...

If you also get the groupon updates, Tell us what you have bought or what deals you thought were great but just didnt get...

Replies can be with deals from other discount social media sites too...

I was getting those for a while. None of them were interesting enough for me to use. I canceled the e-mails.

prcjeep
10-18-2011, 02:47 AM
Yeah nothin has really cought my eye... I almost got a three day rental-car at half price just because it was a great deal and i figured next time i wanted a road trip I could use it! but I didnt want to put out the money. Another one thats been catching my eye is a "works" car wash for 7 bucks... normally costs 18. I'll get it one day when I dont feel like washing all the mud off myself

Dirt Dogg Rydas
10-18-2011, 11:27 PM
I always see ads for this but I thought this was just spam
My sister is a coupon lady. Lol
Ever since that show extreme couponing came out.

Paddletrucker
10-19-2011, 08:51 AM
Yeah, my wife bought one for two auto detail jobs. We got HOSED. The detailer was working outside and couldn't do it because of weather. His ad looked like he had a nice shop. Nope. He had a parking lot behind his resale consignment junk shop. He barely spoke English, wouldn't work with me at all to get the details done. Then, he quit returning my calls. I went over there a few times and he was never there, or was hiding from me.

I tried getting our money back from Groupon. No dice. They didn't want to return calls or e-mails, either. I'll never use that crap. My wife won't again, either.

Groupon blows. Steer clear.

steph74
10-19-2011, 09:33 AM
same here, i get the emails but not really interested int he deals they offer....
We havea local one though called "cache Valley Deals" and this is nmuch more interesting for us because it features businesses that are local.... we bought a couple of restaurant coupons at 50% off

dagr8tim
10-19-2011, 10:37 AM
I get them, but they're usually for things I have no real interest in.

Metlic53
10-19-2011, 10:48 AM
i just use the restaurant coupons, i eat out alot!

dagr8tim
10-19-2011, 10:51 AM
i just use the restaurant coupons, i eat out alot!

Around here, the restraunts we eat at don't take part. :-(

LizardRunner
10-19-2011, 03:26 PM
groupon seems like one of those "sounds to good to be true" things. I never bite on anything that fits that description cause the old addage is oh so true.

afbond03
10-19-2011, 10:22 PM
I think if you live in a big city it would be useable but other than that it stinks.

dagr8tim
10-20-2011, 11:30 AM
I got one for paintball that kind of made me curious.

KH96XJ
10-20-2011, 05:11 PM
Just make sure you read the fine print before you buy any of them.

prcjeep
10-26-2011, 12:01 AM
Yeha the fine print has all the disclosures limitations and everything... Several people in my family have purchased them... The ones that I keep waiting for are the one for a weekend stay in New Orleans... I LOVE Nawlins' but usually break the bank everytime I go...