PDA

View Full Version : THE sexiest SUV to ever hit the road!!! (imo)

XJ4IV
10-17-2011, 08:24 PM
oh lord I was "shopping " for cars with the wifey and she stated she wanted a small SUV and I was thinking nitro but I typed in dodge SUV and holy crap I believe this SUV has the best body lines and curves Ive EVER seen on a SUV
and only to be beat out by a few ferrari's and aston martins to take the full win!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB4-mpnIA9c
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGC7Sshf5b4iCMJwC8Wg6EMMm7P5a0M 3CTg2_JKjbc5t2K7GVnww
and GUESS who is sharing the same bone structure?!?!?!
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8pOcCDGOAHZzxHtFtWW191rSZXLEFt UGLYi8Cn4QzB3EPxX6a
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeZ7v-0uNnsfwYZh3xb0tmxTyoBy99kmUpi7MomdZqPFTiZHBf

cantab27
10-17-2011, 08:28 PM
are they for soccer mums scotters ????

XJ4IV
10-17-2011, 08:29 PM
HELLLLL noooooo soccer moms couldnt hang with these things... these were built for rugby moms

cantab27
10-17-2011, 08:34 PM
HELLLLL noooooo soccer moms couldnt hang with these things... these were built for rugby moms

in that case way coolies.....never get em down here but....well that's not true we have a few late model yank tanks down here

Showtime3492
10-17-2011, 09:49 PM
THis looks like something thats gonna have to grow on me... probably with a hemi, only way its probably gonna lol

XJ4IV
10-17-2011, 09:51 PM
Oh Im sure its gonna have a Hemi... and probably a 6.0 as well

prcjeep
10-17-2011, 11:52 PM
yeah I saw a little about those myslef... Freaking awesome! Maybe in 10 years ill be able to afford one!

bigjim350
10-18-2011, 12:05 AM
The back end looks like a mini van to me.....

Mudderoy
10-18-2011, 01:52 AM
They've been building these things for years, here's an earlier version...

http://fonsecaradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/station-wagon.jpg

http://www.sunsetclassics.com/1967-Coronet-station-wagon/images/1967-Coronet-station-wagon-end.jpg

oh and this...

http://www.amcarguide.com/wp-content/gallery/mustang-wagon-jeff/5-ford-shelby-gt350-station-wagon.jpg

It's just another fricken station wagon. You can like it but lets call it what it is. :D

LizardRunner
10-18-2011, 09:03 AM
looks like a yupmobile. I've seen one ip and it doesn't really look any different than all the other brands out there already. Plus the sticker will make your face look like this. :eek:

Mudderoy
10-18-2011, 09:04 AM
looks like a yupmobile. I've seen one ip and it doesn't really look any different than all the other brands out there already. Plus the sticker will make your face look like this. :eek:

Yes I agree, just another "same old crap" idea.

XJ4IV
10-18-2011, 09:16 AM
all BS aside... tony where in the world did you find that mustang wagon... that thing is PIMP!!!

Mudderoy
10-18-2011, 09:46 AM
all BS aside... tony where in the world did you find that mustang wagon... that thing is PIMP!!!

lol yeah I thought that was pretty cool, just google image search for station wagons

XJ4IV
10-18-2011, 09:48 AM
oh so NOT "suck ass stationwagons"

xj4life2
10-18-2011, 10:25 AM
I feel old now , we had that dodge coronet wagon in that pic , It was green with a 318 but it could smoke the tires. I'm personally a fan of the Ford flex. But then I like square body styleing.

XJ Wheeler
10-18-2011, 10:32 AM
At least its not as bad as the explorer. But i gotta agree with tony, so disappointed. Its like suv's are slowly being tortured and mangled into cars. They already have a segment for this type of vehicle, the crossover. Why can't we keep real trucks and suv's too?

Mudderoy
10-18-2011, 10:39 AM
At least its not as bad as the explorer. But i gotta agree with tony, so disappointed. Its like suv's are slowly being tortured and mangled into cars. They already have a segment for this type of vehicle, the crossover. Why can't we keep real trucks and suv's too?

Well we've seen the same bastardization of Jeeps. Part of me says that people are voting to go down this path with their money, the other part wonders if it just a situation of no choice.

The first company to come out with a beast that gets 50 mpg will own the road. Look at how popular the Hummer was.

XJ Wheeler
10-18-2011, 11:01 AM
I'm loving what ford is doing with the ecoboost engine in the f-150, turbocharging is going to be the future if you want power and efficiency.

I do think that automakers NEED to move forward with diesels in light duty vehicles. Just look at vw tdi, they're making cars that get 50,60,70 mpg in other countries. With that technology it seems possible to make trucks and suv's get maybe 35-40 mpg.

Also, why haven't companies like vw brought the super economical cars to the U.S. We have cars like the prius, fiesta, golf tdi, and others but they don't even get more than 45-50.

Mudderoy
10-18-2011, 11:14 AM
I'm loving what ford is doing with the ecoboost engine in the f-150, turbocharging is going to be the future if you want power and efficiency.

I do think that automakers NEED to move forward with diesels in light duty vehicles. Just look at vw tdi, they're making cars that get 50,60,70 mpg in other countries. With that technology it seems possible to make trucks and suv's get maybe 35-40 mpg.

Also, why haven't companies like vw brought the super economical cars to the U.S. We have cars like the prius, fiesta, golf tdi, and others but they don't even get more than 45-50.

I think it's the tree huggers that are keeping the diesels from being acceptable here. I was watching a commercial last night. Oil company. Two people talking. One guy talking, split screen and a girl talking seperatly but about the same subject. He says that there's enough natural gas for 50 years worth of energy. She says "But how does that effect the planet?"

**** THE PLANET!

Give me fuel/power, guns, and red meat! Oh and camera men like they have on the Spanish channels that know where to point the camera when a pretty girl is on! :rotfl2:

XJ Wheeler
10-18-2011, 11:18 AM
Tell me about it, seems like they get to sway a lot of peoples decisions. Just because of an opinion. What about the rest of us?

Mudderoy
10-18-2011, 11:27 AM
Tell me about it, seems like they get to sway a lot of peoples decisions. Just because of an opinion. What about the rest of us?

I'm sick to death of all this political correctness. Some of it has been good, but much of it is just running rampant and causing short term harm. The military has been running nuclear reactors in their battleships for what 50 years now? Where would we have been with electric vehicles if our government had invested in nuclear power cells for automobiles?

Maybe it would be in the form of home, or neighborhood reactors and recharge stations everywhere. You park your electric car and through inductance it is charged for you.

All this bitching about the environment. I wonder how much more bitching there would be when then people can't get their latte in the morning.

dagr8tim
10-18-2011, 12:17 PM
I'm not impressed with the SUV. Looks like a BMW SUV. I want an SUV that is actually a Utility Vehicle.

Give me a turbo diesel with a decent 4x4 setup and I'll be happy. I live & travel in places where I actually use my 4wd for what it was intended for. Give me something that suits my needs.

saar
10-18-2011, 01:48 PM
It looks nice, not more, not less. In my opinion...
Saar.

702XJCruiser
10-19-2011, 12:18 AM
I don't know I think I'm a bit of a purist. This vehicles takes me back to an argument about the X5 not being a real SUV. Some real suv's, old Bronco's, old Blazer's, old Range Rover's, old Scout's, pretty much the old one's that had a certain utility and ability to serve a purpose that a car could not.

jccatt
10-19-2011, 01:07 AM
Nope, not for me.

bluedragon436
10-19-2011, 01:07 AM
I think it does look pretty awesome... not sure I feel it is the sexiest SUV ever.. but it does look good for what it is... I just hate that they are taking so many decent SUV's and turning them more into cars or minivans than their predecessors... Why not get the wife the GC.. shares the same basic setup... might as well get the better option of the two... not to mention add another Jeep to the family..

Mudderoy
10-19-2011, 06:51 AM
There is nothing being made right now that I am interested in buying. Perhaps a Dodge pickup with a Cummings diesel, or a Dodge Viper but that's it and they both cost about the same.

I seriously doubt we'll ever buy a new vehicle again.

dagr8tim
10-19-2011, 07:17 AM
There is nothing being made right now that I am interested in buying. Perhaps a Dodge pickup with a Cummings diesel, or a Dodge Viper but that's it and they both cost about the same.

I seriously doubt we'll ever buy a new vehicle again.

Have you seen the Dodge Express 1500. Stripped down pickup with a hemi. I'm pretty sure it was intended for the muscle car person that didn't want all the fluff.

Mudderoy
10-19-2011, 09:12 AM
Have you seen the Dodge Express 1500. Stripped down pickup with a hemi. I'm pretty sure it was intended for the muscle car person that didn't want all the fluff.

lol yeah no RACE truck for me.

LizardRunner
10-19-2011, 09:45 AM
In europe, they don't have all the dudley dorights that we have here, that allows them to produce vehicles that get better mileage, they also don't have seatbelt laws, laws to determine how much emissions your putting out are pointless because almost everyone over there takes better care of their vehicle than even the best of the best owners over here. Gas is at 7-8 bucks per imperial gallon so a correctly running vehicle over there is a necessity. If our government really cared about the people instead of the big businesses, we would probably see the super high mileage with performance vehicles over here too. BUT, in this country it's always about the greed not the need.

dagr8tim
10-19-2011, 10:22 AM
Diesel has gotten too bad of a wrap in the US. Look at how clean and plentiful they are in Europe. I'd also love to see more CNG vehicles. Both of which are a damn sight better than the gas burners we have in the US.

bluedragon436
10-19-2011, 11:46 AM
I am always amazed at how many vehicles are diesel in other countries.. I got to drive a TDI Audi for three weeks.. that thing had great power... and was awesome on fuel consumption.... They use primarily diesel vehicles for just about everything in Europe, the middle east, Russia, Africa and many other countries.. why do we have to be so far behind???

dagr8tim
10-19-2011, 11:58 AM
I am always amazed at how many vehicles are diesel in other countries.. I got to drive a TDI Audi for three weeks.. that thing had great power... and was awesome on fuel consumption.... They use primarily diesel vehicles for just about everything in Europe, the middle east, Russia, Africa and many other countries.. why do we have to be so far behind???

The general public thinks of the black soot stinking exhaust that used to be the norm. Most people don't realize how clean and efficient Diesel's are these days.

XJ4IV
10-19-2011, 03:41 PM
wow we oughta rename the thread to the official HIJACKED THREAD

dagr8tim
10-19-2011, 03:45 PM
wow we oughta rename the thread to the official HIJACKED THREAD

We gotta pad our post counts somewhere.:D

jccatt
10-19-2011, 04:27 PM
Diesel JK unlimited, thats sexy

XJ4IV
10-19-2011, 05:58 PM
Ohhhhhhhh... I LOVE honey nut cheerios... am I the only one?

4.3LXJ
10-19-2011, 06:34 PM

Part of the answer to your question is emissions. Right now, CA has a zero emissions standard for diesels. That is tough when using high boost on small engines.

bluedragon436
10-19-2011, 07:29 PM
Ohhhhhhhh... I LOVE honey nut cheerios... am I the only one?

Hells yea!!! Honey Nut Cheerios are the bomb!!

But on a positive note towards the OP... You guys should trade the current Durango in on that one.. Hell if it runs or not... they should still give you a decent amount for trade in... they'll probably sell off the old one at a wholesale auction anyways..

bigjim350
10-19-2011, 07:58 PM
I like green!!....... Hijacked :D

jccatt
10-20-2011, 02:12 AM
Zero emissions is plain dumb. My trailer is green.

4.3LXJ
10-20-2011, 11:23 AM
Zero emissions is plain dumb. My trailer is green.

I can agree with that. But there is a real war declared on diesels here by the green machine. You wouldn't believe the stuff that has happened here.

Mudderoy
10-20-2011, 11:26 AM
I can agree with that. But there is a real war declared on diesels here by the green machine. You wouldn't believe the stuff that has happened here.

Steve we should start a new movement. "Let's see how much this BITCH can take!" Bitch = Earth. :D

4.3LXJ
10-20-2011, 11:27 AM
Steve we should start a new movement. "Let's see how much this BITCH can take!" Bitch = Earth. :D

I think that has already been done. :sign0181:

jccatt
10-20-2011, 03:52 PM

Strange stance, but politicians do that. The new diesels are better than petrol almost now. Oh well we have lift limits here so thats in the same bucket as :out:

4.3LXJ
10-20-2011, 04:48 PM
Strange stance, but politicians do that. The new diesels are better than petrol almost now. Oh well we have lift limits here so thats in the same bucket as :out:

That may be, but CA has the toughest emissions standards in the world right now. And diesel is a dirty word.

dagr8tim
10-20-2011, 07:53 PM

Winner winner chicken dinner.

I'd love to have a new efficient turbo diesel.