PDA

View Full Version : What ya readin?

Indiana Jeep
10-17-2011, 02:52 PM
Just curious as to what others are reading on here. Such as Novels or short stories, or what magazines anyone likes. Looking for some decent reads for the halloween season.

Myself, I mainly like horror stories also I have this habit of reading a few chapters from one book then going to another. I don't know why but I have always bounced around on books that way. That's one of the main reasons I love having a Nook I don't have to leave everything at home or in the Jeep if I'm going someplace where I might be waiting. Some of my recent favorites are:

Joe McKinney = City of the Dead, Apocalypse of the Dead, Flesh Eaters, Quarantine
Stieg Larson = The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played With Fire, The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest
Suzanne Collins = The Hunger Games (just started reading this one)
Michael G. Thomas = The Zombie Dawn Trilogy (another one I just started on)
Rachel Vincent = Stray, Rogue, Pride, Prey, Shift, Alpha
Richard Matheson = Hell House, I Am Legend (In my opinion the greatest vampire story ever written. They have even made three movies from it The Omega Man staring Charlton Heston, I am Legend starring Will Smith wich was a terrible version not deserving the name and the first and best The Last Man on Planet Earth staring Vincent Price)
Stephen Knight = The Gathering Dead (currently reading)
Pittacus Lore = I Am Number Four, Six's Legacies, The Power of Six
Jack Drew = The Corrupt
Ben Tripp = Rise Again (the first book I've read about evolving zombies I'm hoping he writes a sequel)
Max Brooks = The Zombie Survival Guide (HILARIOUS!!!), World War Z

That's all I can think of at the moment

Firemanray
10-17-2011, 02:56 PM
Mostly Xjtalk and the Bible. Not much time to spend reading books anymore. The best reading I've done was the James Herriot series. No zombies, but he is halarious!

dagr8tim
10-17-2011, 03:30 PM
The Art of Deception
Amazon.com: The Art of Deception: Controlling the Human Element of Security (9780764542800): Kevin D. Mitnick, William L. Simon, Steve Wozniak: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41a1QKf5hbL.@@AMEPARAM@@41a1QKf5hbL

World War Z
Amazon.com: World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War (9780307888686): Max Brooks: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ZIFpVp78L.@@AMEPARAM@@51ZIFpVp78L

Zombie Survival Guide
Amazon.com: The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead (9781400049622): Max Brooks: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51kfZ29lrGL.@@AMEPARAM@@51kfZ29lrGL

I just finished 'No Tech Hacking'
Amazon.com: No Tech Hacking: A Guide to Social Engineering, Dumpster Diving, and Shoulder Surfing (9781597492157): Johnny Long, Jack Wiles, Scott Pinzon, Kevin D. Mitnick: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51VoACsZECL.@@AMEPARAM@@51VoACsZECL

bluedragon436
10-17-2011, 03:34 PM
Brad Thor - Full Black Have read most of his books as well as all Tom Clancy books..

Collected quite a few books from both authors as well as some others on my deployments and TDY's with the military.. but will no longer have to worry about them clogging up my library.. as I know either get them for my Sony Pocket Reader or my iPad..

jccatt
10-17-2011, 04:17 PM
vBulletin manual, Im re doing our club website

prcjeep
10-17-2011, 04:39 PM
Contemporary Logistics, Tenth Edition; Paul R. Murphy; Donald F. Wood
read 5 chapters today to catch up for class

Adrenalinejunky
10-17-2011, 08:16 PM
Business Law: The Ethical, Global, and E-Commerce Environment / Edition 14
by Jane P. Mallor, A. James Barnes, L. Thomas Bowers, Arlen W. Langvardt

cantab27
10-17-2011, 08:51 PM
anything by Hugh Hefner .......

Jarlaxle
10-17-2011, 08:58 PM
Currently, Eric Flint's 1635: The Dreeson Incident, part of his Ring of Fire series that begins with 1632. The town of Grantville is moved from modern (20001, IIRC) West Virginia to central Germany in the 17th century, right in the middle of the Thirty Years War.

Also working on (waiting on the next book, actually) Peter David's Star Trek: New Frontier series.

bigjim350
10-18-2011, 12:12 AM
Hustler...

Mudderoy
10-18-2011, 02:27 AM
Just curious as to what others are reading on here. Such as Novels or short stories, or what magazines anyone likes. Looking for some decent reads for the halloween season.

Myself, I mainly like horror stories also I have this habit of reading a few chapters from one book then going to another. I don't know why but I have always bounced around on books that way. That's one of the main reasons I love having a Nook I don't have to leave everything at home or in the Jeep if I'm going someplace where I might be waiting. Some of my recent favorites are:

Joe McKinney = City of the Dead, Apocalypse of the Dead, Flesh Eaters, Quarantine
Stieg Larson = The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played With Fire, The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest
Suzanne Collins = The Hunger Games (just started reading this one)
Michael G. Thomas = The Zombie Dawn Trilogy (another one I just started on)
Rachel Vincent = Stray, Rogue, Pride, Prey, Shift, Alpha
Richard Matheson = Hell House, I Am Legend (In my opinion the greatest vampire story ever written. They have even made three movies from it The Omega Man staring Charlton Heston, I am Legend starring Will Smith wich was a terrible version not deserving the name and the first and best The Last Man on Planet Earth staring Vincent Price)
Stephen Knight = The Gathering Dead (currently reading)
Pittacus Lore = I Am Number Four, Six's Legacies, The Power of Six
Jack Drew = The Corrupt
Ben Tripp = Rise Again (the first book I've read about evolving zombies I'm hoping he writes a sequel)
Max Brooks = The Zombie Survival Guide (HILARIOUS!!!), World War Z

That's all I can think of at the moment

Read?!?!? I don't read. I'm a functional illiterate!

Mudderoy
10-18-2011, 02:27 AM
Hustler...

Stop you're lying! :ass: The only reading you MIGHT do is looking for your fav page number. (Just bend the corner)

dagr8tim
10-18-2011, 07:44 AM
anything by Hugh Hefner .......

For the articles, right?

LizardRunner
10-18-2011, 08:20 AM
The physics of woodwinds

dagr8tim
10-18-2011, 08:33 AM
Just found out I'm going to be reading alot of SharePoint 2010 Administrator books.

XJ Wheeler
10-18-2011, 10:50 AM
Currently halfway through "The Hemi in the Barn" by Tom Cotter. Great stories of automotive barn finds.

Just started "My Inventions" - Nikola Tesla's autobiography. Like i said just started it, but i enjoy learning about Tesla. Imo probably the best inventor ever, and he deserves more credit than given.

pvt.tadpolxj
10-18-2011, 03:28 PM
I'm reading my Hayne's Jeep manual, and a speacial book about parenting..:greensmilies-017::yourock:

dagr8tim
10-18-2011, 03:34 PM
I'm reading my Hayne's Jeep manual, and a speacial book about parenting..:greensmilies-017::yourock:

I must be special. I'm reading the 97 XJ FSM on my phone.

jccatt
10-19-2011, 01:15 AM
Xjtalk post on what ya reading.

Carves
10-19-2011, 01:27 AM
Just finished Manfredi's novel ... The Last Legion.

Not a bad yarn ....

dagr8tim
10-19-2011, 07:21 AM
XJTalk :rolleye0012:

jccatt
10-19-2011, 04:33 PM
XJTalk :rolleye0012:

Thats my line ya highjacker lol

dagr8tim
10-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Thats my line ya highjacker lol

There's a contest to be won.

jccatt
10-20-2011, 02:06 AM
There's a contest to be won.

Oh yeah, there is too lol

Indiana Jeep
10-21-2011, 02:06 PM

I tried using that but I have a 99 and even though it said it covered all models up to 2000 most of the info was wrong. I hear it is good for earlier models.

Jarlaxle
10-23-2011, 10:51 AM
Just started 1636: The Saxon Uprising by Eric Flint.

dagr8tim
10-23-2011, 10:54 AM
A day and a half of XJtalk posts.