PDA

View Full Version : Hangover Cures

jccatt
10-15-2011, 05:54 PM
OK so what hangover cures does everyone use. :drinking:

I use food, coffee and a berocca (fizzy vitamin drink)

cantab27
10-15-2011, 06:11 PM
more beer.....i drink water before sleepy time plus take some aspirin.....free bar last night....
bit seedy this morn

bluedragon436
10-15-2011, 06:13 PM
^^ +1!! I'm with Wayne on how I take care of hangovers... when I do manage to drink..

honesT
10-16-2011, 12:18 AM
The absolute best hangover cure is Drink less and only drink good quality beer no draught from the keggers is a must:cry:

Just except the fact that you are old :mad0029:

jccatt
10-16-2011, 12:54 AM
more beer.....i drink water before sleepy time plus take some aspirin.....free bar last night....
bit seedy this morn

Free bar mate, nuff said.

OrangeXJ
10-16-2011, 05:28 AM
stay drunk

dagr8tim
10-16-2011, 01:21 PM
Water is the #1. I try and stay up an hour after I'm done drinking and drink a glass or two of water. I also swear by pink grapefruit juice. A bottle of that before bed to replace what you've pissed out.

Part of a hang over is dehydration and the other part is detoxing. Water after you are done, and hair of the dog the next morning are great.

I had a PHD O Chem professor explain how to beat a hang over once.

jccatt
10-16-2011, 04:46 PM
Bacon egg mac muffin and a capachino. Thanks Ronald :-)

Paddletrucker
10-16-2011, 10:12 PM
Believe it or not.......

Oxygen.:D I used to run around with an EMT. He'd always make sure to have a bottle of oxygen from his ambulance on drinking nights. And he did drink heavily.

His solution was to hydrate with 1/2 Gatorade and 1/2 water, as much as you could stand while you were drinking. No fun, I know. Then plenty of water before bed or passing out, if you can remember. Then, in the morning, he'd hook himself up to the oxygen bottle and breathe in the oxygen 'till he felt better.

I gotta say that I did this once and it really worked. He claimed the alcohol robbed your blood stream, and therefore your brain, of oxygen and that was what caused the hangover. I don't know, but I know that the oxygen did have me back to work in about an hour. I rode horses all day on a feed lot then, and I was NOT looking forward to bouncing around all day feeling like a monkey had crapped in my skull. I didn't, either. I still yakked, but I'd had most of a fifth of Wild Turkey by myself. That was to be expected.:bang::bang:

For my own remedy, I find that if I don't drink anything with a lot of sugars in it, I'm a whole lot better off. The sweeter the liquor, the worse the hangover.