PDA

View Full Version : Baa humbug rant.....

DETOURS
10-14-2011, 07:36 AM
Every DANG store I walk into has Christmas stuff up already..........
It makes me want to leave the store.........
Christmas stuff up in OCTOBER.......Really?.......Sometimes I'm SOOO happy I dont get out much.:thumbdown:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f136/corncrawler/NOT_YOUR_FRIEND_by_Ver_the_Rhino.jpg

dagr8tim
10-14-2011, 08:32 AM
Christmas stuff up in OCTOBER.......Really?.......Sometimes I'm SOOO happy I dont get out much.:thumbdown:

It used to be Thanksgiving, then Halloween. It's getting to the point that I'm burnt out on Christmas by the middle of Nov. I then spend the next month and a half pissed off & annoyed.

Mudderoy
10-14-2011, 08:34 AM

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f136/corncrawler/NOT_YOUR_FRIEND_by_Ver_the_Rhino.jpg

I think it's all a sign of the poor economy. The stores that get people to buy presents first get the money, those that wait risk losing out. Of course they also run the risk of pissing people off because they are doing the Christmas thing so soon. Christmas in October is morally wrong.

http://www.toumc.org/clientimages/44015/christmaspumpkin.jpg

dagr8tim
10-14-2011, 08:38 AM
I think it's all a sign of the poor economy. The stores that get people to buy presents first get the money, those that wait risk losing out. Of course they also run the risk of pissing people off because they are doing the Christmas thing so soon. Christmas in October is morally wrong.

Since the economy has been iffy the past few years, I've waited a bit to shop. Typically stores over order things and then get nervous about 2 weeks before when they have too much inventory.

LizardRunner
10-14-2011, 08:58 AM
I agree. We need a law that says if you promote christmas before december 1st, you must sell all goods at 1/3 the wholesale cost. That'll stop them, might even teach them greed is not good.

Mudderoy
10-14-2011, 09:08 AM
I agree. We need a law that says if you promote christmas before december 1st, you must sell all goods at 1/3 the wholesale cost. That'll stop them, might even teach them greed is not good.

Better yet, we as consumers need to vote with our dollars.

dagr8tim
10-14-2011, 09:10 AM
Better yet, we as consumers need to vote with our dollars.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

Firemanray
10-14-2011, 10:17 AM
Our Lowe's store started setting up christmas trees in Sept. I'm with Detours on this! My wife christmas shops all year, it makes it less painful come December. Our country has become so materialistic I think a vast majority of people have forgotten what Thanksgiving and Christmas are all about. We have generations coming up that only know it's for eat'n and gett'n! Maybe when the economy finally inplodes on itself we will stop and look at our values, hopefully it won't be to late!:rant:

BlueXJ
10-14-2011, 10:54 AM
I see the problem a tad differently. We have allowed the holidays, all of them to be just another marketing source. We have failed to keep the reason for each holiday in perspective. 4 th of July is to celebrate our independence from an oppressive ruler across the ocean. Halloween is a day to gather our families together to ward off the evil spirits on "All Hallows Eve" , while Thanksgiving is to celebrate the abundant harvest and the health that we as a family or community has received from GOD. Which brings us to the holiday which was the reason for the rant Mark was complaining about....Christmas. A day to celebrate the birth of Christ. A joyous time when the savior of mankind was born. Much of this season is historically inaccurate but the reason has been commercially exploited for so many years that we seldom even look at it's origins. We need to revert to the roots of each of these holidays to regain the proper perspective. Commercial exploitation must be eliminated by withholding the funds so sought by business, and by celebrating the cause for the existence of the holiday in the first place.

OK now my rant is over.

cantab27
10-14-2011, 12:40 PM
coolies its xmas time......

steph74
10-14-2011, 12:43 PM

I know that means for you guys that you can start thinking BBQ's and shorty shorts again ;)

DETOURS
10-14-2011, 07:34 PM

NOOOO, it's 'not'..........thats the problem.
I should consider my June birthday in April.........wait, that would make me older............faster.............see how this sucks!

cantab27
10-14-2011, 07:56 PM
mate just got back from shopping ....xmas shit everywhere....thought we where a bit slow but its out there.......wheres me santa suit,,,,,the green one

DETOURS
10-14-2011, 08:22 PM
mate just got back from shopping ....xmas shit everywhere....thought we where a bit slow but its out there.......wheres me santa suit,,,,,the green one

Hey........Merry Christmas!.....How 'bout we work backwards?!?!?.....

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f136/corncrawler/Oh_What_Christmas_Fun_by_MAdams06.jpg

Then lets see........we skipped Thanksgiving, put Christmas at Holloween so.......Thanksgiving will still be at Thanksgiving time........

Who's up for some grub???

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f136/corncrawler/indexbana.jpg

Soooo, then we'll move Holloween to Christmas.......maybe thats where xmas came from.......dunno........so, long johns for holloween......kids will love it!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f136/corncrawler/Zeigefinger_by_MissSadistica.jpg

After that............are we moving 2 years forward? 6 months? or taking back things we should'nt have done a month prior?

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f136/corncrawler/road.jpg

I'm soooooooooooo confused.:yack:

cantab27
10-14-2011, 08:34 PM
shot bro...ill take the two years forward please.....shake shakes should be gone.....

its like Halloween,,never celebrated here as a kid ,,but has been slowly creeping into the shops here ,,then bang kids knocking on me door...trick or treat....f.....off ya little turds and get a job.........................................
most kids wouldn't know what the holiday season is about..Easter,,,coolies chocolate time

blah blah........man i sound old...lol

Firemanray
10-14-2011, 11:39 PM
blah blah........man i sound old...lol

Ye grouchy old fart!

Indiana Jeep
10-15-2011, 08:38 AM
I work with a woman that starts telling everyone merry christmas in september and goes around telling everyone how many days there are till xmas. She gets seriously pissed off if you don't say it back to her so of course I never have. She's been playing christmas music for the past couple weeks too. One great thing bout working in a factory, unless your within about four feet of someone you can't hear them or their radio, just all the machines running.

Jarlaxle
10-19-2011, 09:05 PM
The helliday (not a typo) season is almost here. I despise Christmas, I hate the entire six weeks of hell with a white-hot passion. I understand why suicides skyrocket during the holidays (not least because after the thirtieth replay of the same four songs, I want to shoot myself). Last year was the ultimatum: give me nothing. Gifts addressed to me will be destroyed unopened.

Firemanray
10-19-2011, 09:46 PM
The helliday (not a typo) season is almost here. I despise Christmas, I hate the entire six weeks of hell with a white-hot passion. I understand why suicides skyrocket during the holidays (not least because after the thirtieth replay of the same four songs, I want to shoot myself). Last year was the ultimatum: give me nothing. Gifts addressed to me will be destroyed unopened.

WOW, hold'n some hostilities there are we?!?:D

jccatt
10-20-2011, 02:05 AM
Yip, I hate xmas too. Same shit every year, now I know why the xxx's father used to mow the lawns on xmas day. Might do some grinding and fab work. Any complaints and tell em ya muslim and yall go em for discrimination. Shit I feel better already.

Mudderoy
10-20-2011, 03:16 AM

lol that's great. I don't agree but I think it's great when people take a stand.

I love how people are nicer during Christmas, but hate that they have to have a certain time of year to be nice.

Christmas was more fun when the kids were younger. Still it's fun to have family over and enjoying food, fun, and conversation. Of course I'm usually upstairs on the computer. Otherwise I'd fall asleep in a chair from boredom, oh and that extra portion of turkey!

LizardRunner
10-20-2011, 08:55 AM
I see the problem a tad differently. We have allowed the holidays, all of them to be just another marketing source. We have failed to keep the reason for each holiday in perspective. 4 th of July is to celebrate our independence from an oppressive ruler across the ocean. Halloween is a day to gather our families together to ward off the evil spirits on "All Hallows Eve" , while Thanksgiving is to celebrate the abundant harvest and the health that we as a family or community has received from GOD. Which brings us to the holiday which was the reason for the rant Mark was complaining about....Christmas. A day to celebrate the birth of Christ. A joyous time when the savior of mankind was born. Much of this season is historically inaccurate but the reason has been commercially exploited for so many years that we seldom even look at it's origins. We need to revert to the roots of each of these holidays to regain the proper perspective. Commercial exploitation must be eliminated by withholding the funds so sought by business, and by celebrating the cause for the existence of the holiday in the first place.

OK now my rant is over.

I give an AMEN !!

:rant:Greed has taken over the minds of the many and that is the omen of the way the world is going. The mores of the people are vanishing, being replaced with "What's in it for me?" and "I want it all" as statements of what success means. Sadly, I am a vast minority for I believe that we are to take care of those less fortunate than ourselves. I believe that to live a right life is the goal, not how much stuff I can amass or how big a house I can live in. These false goals have led to many loosing the very home they wanted, simply because they had to have one bigger and better than most, then they found that they could not afford to keep it when their jobs went away. The people of most countries have allowed themselves to be fooled into a false economy and are now seeing that it was just a pipe dream fueled by advertising that touted the need for credit cards and the spend more than you make mantra of the bankers. Now we are seeing the wisdom (extreme lack of it, that is) of following the base lies of those bankers. Anarchy will come, it is inevitable as more and more countries governments go bankrupt and jobs continue to dissapear.:rant:

4.3LXJ
10-20-2011, 11:15 AM
I agree. I am a Christian, but I don't like the Christmas season because of all the big deal that everyone makes about shopping, taking over radio stations with Christmas music etc. It takes away from it all for me.

Mudderoy
10-20-2011, 11:18 AM
I agree. I am a Christian, but I don't like the Christmas season because of all the big deal that everyone makes about shopping, taking over radio stations with Christmas music etc. It takes away from it all for me.

We were taught that if you add to or take away from the Bible this is very bad. No where in the Bible does it say to celebrate Christ's birth, so I don't. I celebrate Christmas, but I pretend it's about a guy called Chris T. Mas. :D

Seriously though Christmas is fine by me it's just a celebration to me not about any specific person.

4.3LXJ
10-20-2011, 11:21 AM
We were taught that if you add to or take away from the Bible this is very bad. No where in the Bible does it say to celebrate Christ's birth, so I don't. I celebrate Christmas, but I pretend it's about a guy called Chris T. Mas. :D

Seriously though Christmas is fine by me it's just a celebration to me not about any specific person.

Now you raise a valid point. We are not commanded to celebrate Christmas, or Easter for that matter. Those all came later. And Jesus was not born on Dec 25 anyway. The shepherds are not in the hills with their flocks in winter. More like Aug or Sept.

Mudderoy
10-20-2011, 11:24 AM
Now you raise a valid point. We are not commanded to celebrate Christmas, or Easter for that matter. Those all came later. And Jesus was not born on Dec 25 anyway. The shepherds are not in the hills with their flocks in winter. More like Aug or Sept.

Yeah I'm no devout christian or anything, but as far as I can recall there are no Bionically mandated religious celebrations. I think it all comes down to retailers pushing people to spend money.

4.3LXJ
10-20-2011, 11:25 AM
Yes, it is a push on a tradition, based on the gifts of the wise guys, based on a traditional celebration on a traditional date. WHEW

cantab27
10-20-2011, 11:54 AM
love Xmas no work for 5 weeks ..i hate Xmas day,,have to spend it at the in laws,,and ya know what i think about that creature ...

dagr8tim
10-20-2011, 07:49 PM
love Xmas no work for 5 weeks ..i hate Xmas day,,have to spend it at the in laws,,and ya know what i think about that creature ...

Atleast you're assured nice weather for christmas.

jccatt
10-21-2011, 01:31 AM
Lol I remember it snowed on xmas day when I was a kid in chch

cantab27
10-21-2011, 01:35 AM
lol ,long as don't shake ,, had a good one on boxing day last time round......

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE............LOL

jccatt
10-21-2011, 01:36 AM
lol ,long as don't shake ,, had a good one on boxing day last time round......

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE............LOL

You in the turps already Wayne

RTPG
10-21-2011, 02:30 AM
Since the economy has been iffy the past few years, I've waited a bit to shop. Typically stores over order things and then get nervous about 2 weeks before when they have too much inventory.
BINGO!

My wife is a yard/house decorating guru and most of the stuff she buys is after the season ends. She has boxes of lights that she paid 25% or less for because she waited until they were just out of season.

I am not a big fan of holiday's. :o

DETOURS
10-23-2011, 07:09 PM
BINGO!

My wife is a yard/house decorating guru and most of the stuff she buys is after the season ends. She has boxes of lights that she paid 25% or less for because she waited until they were just out of season.

Only 25%?.............She got ripped off!

Ugggg.........it's all up, I dont see anyone buying any of it........where'd they put the charcoal??? I want to grill!! My kids totally confused, holloween next to Santa on the same shelf........

Tim Burton had it right years ago........
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f136/corncrawler/zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

RTPG
10-23-2011, 08:17 PM
My kids totally confused, holloween next to Santa on the same shelf.......
No kidding!!

Indiana Jeep
10-24-2011, 08:06 AM
Maybe it's time we all went with Seinfeld and got Festivus poles.

dagr8tim
10-24-2011, 11:16 AM
I'm still not ready for Halloween. I mean it seems like we just got past Oktoberfest.

LizardRunner
10-24-2011, 12:03 PM
All hallow's eve is not what it's been turned into. This druidh holiday is about the most convoluted holiday that the church (Catholics back when they were taking over england, aprox. 1300's) took away and changed to meet their ideas of religion. Wolf and I celebrate this holiday the original way. Makes it a much nicer experience for us and helps to keep the neighbors away to boot. A win - win in my way of thinking. :sick0004:

DETOURS
10-24-2011, 01:46 PM
All hallow's eve is not what it's been turned into. This druidh holiday is about the most convoluted holiday that the church (Catholics back when they were taking over england, aprox. 1300's) took away and changed to meet their ideas of religion. Wolf and I celebrate this holiday the original way. Makes it a much nicer experience for us and helps to keep the neighbors away to boot. A win - win in my way of thinking. :sick0004:

Ya dress up the kids, they get free candy, ya scare a few.....carve pumkins, make Jac-o-crunch, bump into people you have'nt seen lately.....it's Holloween.......the holiday kids live for.....when else can you be BATMAN!!

dagr8tim
11-01-2011, 08:05 AM
I was at CVS last night and the they were stocking Christmas decorations. Can we atleast get completely through Halloween first?

LizardRunner
11-01-2011, 08:42 AM
I hear ya on the candy thing.:D When my daughter was young I set up the porch with a dummy in the rocking chair and jack o lanterns. a cauldron bubbling away and me in all black in the shadows. When the kids would come up to the door. They would get their candy from the now X and just as they got ready to head back down the steps I'd step out into the light with my pig cleaver in hand. One group had adults with them and it was the adults that screamed like little girls and ran so fast you could see a vapor trail. The kids all jumped and hollered then started asking where I came from. They got extra candy just cause they enjoyed the scare.

We were watching a "halloween show" last night and darn near every commercial break there was one about shopping for christmas. The greedy bastards are just taking it to far for me. I have turned into a hater of christmas mabey I need to change my name to ebinezer. :rolleye0012:

dagr8tim
11-04-2011, 10:31 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/381953_10150912801415599_555820598_21728589_175166 8482_n.jpg

DETOURS
11-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Thats SOOOO perfect..........they were playing Christmas music in the hardware store today...........................retards...

bluedragon436
11-05-2011, 08:02 PM
Yeah it always aggravates me when they do that.. I hear Christmas music the other day walking around Wal-Mart too.. I was like WTF.. then again I heard it like the day after Halloween too..

cantab27
11-05-2011, 08:07 PM
seen the first house done up like a xmas tree last night..............did skids on there front lawn......weirdos

xjrev10
11-09-2011, 08:07 AM
Thats SOOOO perfect..........they were playing Christmas music in the hardware store today...........................retards...

This is the worst, specially when you work there.

dagr8tim
11-09-2011, 11:21 AM
seen the first house done up like a xmas tree last night..............did skids on there front lawn......weirdos

People up the street from my baby sitter already have this huge blow up snowglobe thing in their front yard along with a huge blow up Santa.

DETOURS
11-09-2011, 05:36 PM
People up the street from my baby sitter already have this huge blow up snowglobe thing in their front yard along with a huge blow up Santa.

Freaks!
I can over night you a pellet gun if you like!

BlueXJ
11-09-2011, 06:58 PM
Freaks!
I can over night you a pellet gun if you like!

I hate those blow up yard scenes. Send me a pellet gun as my B B gun is not adequate. :banghead:

4.3LXJ
11-09-2011, 11:56 PM
Lawn Darts, sharpened of course

RTPG
11-10-2011, 12:39 AM
I hate those blow up yard scenes. Send me a pellet gun as my B B gun is not adequate. :banghead:

Your Red Ryder was cool 20 years ago but you need to upgrade to a Crossman BB gun. The kind that you can pump up. :mock:

dagr8tim
11-10-2011, 01:14 PM
I've got a crossman pumpmaster 760 with a .22 scope on it. Only a .177, but it does bb's and pellets. Also, sharpened finishing nails works great in it too.

BlueXJ
11-10-2011, 03:42 PM
Your Red Ryder was cool 20 years ago but you need to upgrade to a Crossman BB gun. The kind that you can pump up. :mock:

Are you saying I need something to pump up????

Mudderoy
11-10-2011, 04:57 PM

The first time I saw them down was at night. I was ok with them, but the next morning I noticed that every one of them on the street had been vandalized!!!! I thought to myself, how horrible that someone(s) would take a knife or something and damage what was a Christmas decoration and probably pretty expensive!

Later (at night) they were all back up and looked good as new! Then it dawned on me, they were being constantly fed by blow air DOH!!!!

:cop:

Firemanray
11-10-2011, 05:23 PM
The first time I saw them down was at night. I was ok with them, but the next morning I noticed that every one of them on the street had been vandalized!!!! I thought to myself, how horrible that someone(s) would take a knife or something and damage what was a Christmas decoration and probably pretty expensive!

Later (at night) they were all back up and looked good as new! Then it dawned on me, they were being constantly fed by blow air DOH!!!!

:cop:

:smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:

DETOURS
11-10-2011, 05:43 PM
The Ruger Air Magnum .177 does 1400 FPS, retails for 159.00....thats faster than a 22........shoot low enough, you take out the air pump! :thumbsup:

XJ Wheeler
11-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Personally i love Christmas, everything about it. The music always picks me up, the lights are great, decorating gives me time with my brother, picking out a tree is always an adventure, its so great giving someone a good gift, getting gifts is of course nice, and Christmas dinner i wait for all year. But i don't start till after thanksgiving, and i agree its stupid too. To each their own but it just seems like everyone (ok maybe not everyone) is happier. Another thing that might add to my liking Christmas is in S.E. Texas its scorching for most of the year and that time its cool. Maybe its because i'm young or something but its a great time of year and why not just enjoy it.

Oh and by the way i decorate my cherokee. :shocker:

DETOURS
11-10-2011, 06:15 PM
Dont worry....lifes short......you'll grow out of it soon enough!!!
:smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:
It's all good, just StUpIdLy over promoted and we all suffer/pay for it, lets not overlook this thread was started pre-Holloween...
I'm very happy you enjoy what you've mentioned! :cool:

XJ Wheeler
11-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Oh yeah, never before thanksgiving for me.

dagr8tim
11-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Carrie starts harassing me about Thanksgiving and already wants to put the tree up. Personally I'd be happy waiting till Dec 20th to put it up.

4.3LXJ
11-10-2011, 07:39 PM
The Ruger Air Magnum .177 does 1400 FPS, retails for 159.00....thats faster than a 22........shoot low enough, you take out the air pump! :thumbsup:

I know a fella that shot at a coon and took out his air conditioner:crazy:

DETOURS
11-11-2011, 06:49 AM

Was the coon attempting to break in?

gary63
11-11-2011, 08:16 AM

i think someone needs to go to the range and practest

4.3LXJ
11-11-2011, 09:08 AM
i think someone needs to go to the range and practest

The coon is no longer with us, neither is the air conditioner. :oops:

Jarlaxle
11-12-2011, 07:00 AM
When I decorated, I would usually put up outdoor lights around the beginning of November. HOWEVER, they did not get turned on (except for a quick test when put up) until December 1st. This came about because I used to put them up Thanksgiving weekend. About ten years ago, we got 8" of snow on Thanksgiving.

I didn't have any outdoor lights that year.

DETOURS
11-12-2011, 06:06 PM
Where are you in New England?

Jarlaxle
11-26-2011, 08:41 PM
At the time, New Hampshire.