PDA

View Full Version : Seat / interior Cleaning supplies

TheWeiss
10-12-2011, 12:52 PM
I have cloth seats that have a few stains on them. Does anyone have any advise on a good cleaner? Ideally I'd like something you spray of rub in an vacuum out.
All thoughts and advise are much appreciated. Thanks!

4.3LXJ
10-12-2011, 01:23 PM
One of the best ways ia to use an upholstery attachment on a carpet cleaner. You can do the whole interior then.

JMadigan
10-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Tuff-Stuff is good for getting out small stains. All you have to do is spray it on, let the foam set in for about 30 second and then use a rag to scrub it a bit. depending on the stain it might take some real good elbow-grease though!

prerunner1982
10-13-2011, 10:46 AM
You might also try Resolve. I have had good luck with it on carpets. I also need to clean my passenger seat.... spilled a mountain dew on it once and it collected all sorts of crud. Surprised anyone would be willing to sit there..

dagr8tim
10-13-2011, 11:08 AM
There are lots of spray on cans of stuff that will do a good job. When I changed the interior in my Jeep, I was able to set the seats and carpet out and use a handheld carpet cleaner attachment on them.

That's going to be your best bet. Also, depending on how worn/stained your seats are. It may be easier just to swap them. I got a complete interior out of an XJ that was being parted for like $100. Seats, carpet, visors, center console, and various other trim parts.

cantab27
10-13-2011, 11:19 AM
seat covers and biff the carpet....works for me

dagr8tim
10-13-2011, 11:21 AM
seat covers and biff the carpet....works for me

Just don't get cheap ones. I think Cabala's has a set of real tree camo ones I've been drooling over. A buddy has them and they fit really well. Better than the walmart specials.

cantab27
10-13-2011, 11:24 AM
i got sheep skin ones ..keep ya warm when wet lol

dagr8tim
10-13-2011, 11:43 AM
i got sheep skin ones ..keep ya warm when wet lol

Is that why they use them for other things? :rotfl2:

LizardRunner
10-13-2011, 09:01 PM
baking soda and soda water, rub in with a soft brush, let dry and vaccum off. works pretty well. and is cheep.

rugidone
10-14-2011, 07:19 AM
I have been hearing folks have good results removing the seat covers and tossing them in the machine...Carpet probably wont be a good idea though.

dagr8tim
10-14-2011, 07:26 AM
I have been hearing folks have good results removing the seat covers and tossing them in the machine...Carpet probably wont be a good idea though.

The devil would be getting them back on.

Unless you are un-naturally attached to your seats or they are extremely rare, either cover them or replace them. I'm on my second interior, and I'm considering a new set of seats. Maybe leather from a ZJ.

BlueXJ
10-14-2011, 11:10 AM
I have leather since mine is a Limited version but to protect them I bought the Smittybilt seat covers with all the seat back attachments, They fit poorly. I took them to a friend who has an upholstery shop and he cut and fit them to the seats but it was a poor investment IMHO.

tiny43
10-27-2011, 11:40 PM
does anyone make a good set of factory cloth reproduction seat covers ?

ParadiseXJ
10-28-2011, 10:22 PM
Is that why they use them for other things? :rotfl2:

No, that's sheep intestinal casings. Sheep skin is fuzzy on one side...to rough!!

Anyhoo! I've used "Oxy Clean" on alot of my cloth stuff. I got a pair of bucket seats from the JY that were filthy...but had no tears or rips. I was able to scrub them down and hose them off...but they were out of the Jeep and had a couple days of 90+ heat to dry them out...but they look brand new. $30 for the pair...in Oroville

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u196/chasdwitt/ALL%20JEEP/EndofSummer11018.jpg