PDA

View Full Version : Has any Jeeper's sucessfully done this?

pvt.tadpolxj
10-10-2011, 06:02 PM
Can anybody guide me on how to clip onto my factory rear defrost switch? The defroster was missing when i got my jeep, so the dash switch is not being used for anything..I already have my electric fan wired to operate from a add-on thermostat. So i don't need to install a bunch of wire's again..The add-on thermostat already has a 10amp fuse and it has a good relay...So i am not sure what wire coming off the defrost switch i can clip onto to operate my electric fan when i want to. Anybody else done this sucessfully?:hmmmm2:

4.3LXJ
10-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Can anybody guide me on how to clip onto my factory rear defrost switch? The defroster was missing when i got my jeep, so the dash switch is not being used for anything..I already have my electric fan wired to operate from a add-on thermostat. So i don't need to install a bunch of wire's again..The add-on thermostat already has a 10amp fuse and it has a good relay...So i am not sure what wire coming off the defrost switch i can clip onto to operate my electric fan when i want to. Anybody else done this sucessfully?:hmmmm2:

I would not use that switch. It has a timer on it

pvt.tadpolxj
10-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Thank's 4.3L..I did not know that....I guess i will have to install a toggle switch...Do you have any suggestion's?..:cool0010:

4.3LXJ
10-10-2011, 08:10 PM

Thank's 4.3L..I did not know that....I guess i will have to install a toggle switch...Do you have any suggestion's?..:cool0010:

Yes, use a stock driving light or Carling rocker switch

Firemanray
10-10-2011, 08:37 PM
I came up with a good use for my defroster switch. Here's a link:
http://www.xjtalk.com/showpost.php?p=63092&postcount=29

pvt.tadpolxj
10-10-2011, 10:29 PM
Thank's a lot 4.3LXJ...I'll get to this fix as soon as i can....:camera: