PDA

View Full Version : AMSoil product vendor feeler

XJ4IV
10-10-2011, 09:45 AM
I have recently been thinking of doing the amsoil products vendor gig. I looked up the vendors in my area ( which is plagued with boaters and race car drivers and the"good ole boys" that love their trucks) I noticed that there is only 1 dealer in my county and he is about 25 miles from the lake where as I live 2 miles from the lake and in the heart of it all...
If your not familiar with amsoil they have hands down the best oil and lubricating solutions available.
Im trying to get a feel for how you guys would feel about being able to buy from me... I have to find out about shipping however I believe it would be ok if it was shipped ground overseas guys I gotta check it out prior to committing to you but I THINK its possible... Id love to have my name out there all over the world!
I havent done tons of research yet but I did have a guy tell me about it a few weeks ago and he said to me ( as I was changing his oil) that he only changes his filters every 7000 miles and the oil gets changed every 20,000 miles.... yes twenty THOUSAND miles and basically he adds 1/2 a quart on the 7000 interval just to replace what is lost when replacing the oil filter.
I checked the viscosity of the oil that had been in the truck for about 17,000 miles and was astonished it was still pretty thick.
he told me that he found that amsoil warranties there products with a certain dollar amount if in the event there oil has caused the problem of internal lubrication failure that they will cover the cost of repairs.
given this I think Im going to switch to AMSoil and see how everything goes.
you guys tell me if your interested but PLEASE prior to making a committment note the price of the products as they are higher than conventional oils and standard synthetics due to the chemical makeup and the ability to last so long.
http://www.llamasquality.com/amsoil.gif

bluedragon436
10-10-2011, 09:53 AM
The pricing for some of the oil really isn't all that bad.. I will have to talk to the wife about it.. but I might actually like to purchase some of the XL Extended life oil for the Jeep.. since I generally don't change the oil but once every six months anyways.. might as well have a good brand oil in there... Not to mention if I only change it that often the difference in pricing between the Amsoil and the usual stuff I buy @ Walmart won't really be an issue..

Mudderoy
10-11-2011, 10:54 AM
The problem I have with ordering oil is I don't plan my oil changes long enough in advance to order and wait for it to be delivered. So really that is a convenience factor. I can just drive down to WalMart and pick up $30 5 quart jug of Mobile 1 synthetic, and 1 more quart to make 6. Stop by Advanced Auto for a Puralator filter, drive home and change the oil.

I'm not convinced that AMSoil is so much a better product that it is worth my loss of convenience.

Two things would help me with this. A much cheaper price that I am paying for the Mobile 1 at WalMart. Data that AMSoil was so much better than Mobile 1, or it provided something for my 4.0 that it needs.

XJ4IV
10-11-2011, 11:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZOSP1ueqbc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_nFSAPvpZE

Mudderoy
10-11-2011, 11:37 AM
Yeah I was doing a little digging and it looks like AMsoil has really carpet bombed youtube with their claims. Digging through a few posts on other sites I see things like "outrageous claims" and "tweaking numbers" by AMsoil. I'm starting to get a "cult" feel from AMsoil, or perhaps call it AMWAY oil.

At this point I'd need to hear from someone I trust that has run this oil for a few years.

I hope this helps you get a feel for what you might be up against. Now for those people that already have bought into the superiority of AMsoil having a local person might make a big difference.

Oh I also read on one of the forums, that both AMsoil and Mobile 1 were great oil. But if both are equal or if AMsoil is better in areas that don't matter to me, then I'll go with the local option over the order and wait for delivery.

702XJCruiser
10-11-2011, 01:52 PM
I think most of us can agree that Amsoil is a solid product, but the problem is a lot of us have discovered Shell Rotella T is as good of an oil as money can buy and it's cheap and available anywhere.

LizardRunner
10-11-2011, 03:06 PM
If you want to know how good amsoil is just visit any NASCAR track and look in the garbage bins of just about any car on the track. Cost wise it can be ok, but most of us don't want to have a garage filled up with oil. Their oil filters are also top notch. I place amsoil with royal purple. great stuff but a bit to pricey.

what I want is a good oil additive that gives me teflon protection.

jccatt
10-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Never heard of amsoil. Maybe lamsoil lol

xjrev10
10-13-2011, 05:08 AM
AMSoil makes good products and I use them frequently. They are about 70 miles away from me.

That being said, IMO they are extremely full of themselves and it does get sickening.

XJ4IV
10-13-2011, 08:41 AM
lol welllll I bet richard petty was oretty full of HIMself too lol anyhow for a vendor buying it and stocking it is easy, for the guys that think you gotta order and wait for it... contact a local dealer and the guy SHOULD have a good amount of stock for the frequently used viscosity 5/20 5/30 10/30 10/40 you know...
honestly a good vendor really shouldnt make his customers wait for OTC items like motor oil for a basic oil and filter change. racing applications yeah but not for a jeep cherokee or a HD pickup`