PDA

View Full Version : Tired of getting my balls busted

dagr8tim
10-06-2011, 08:03 PM
Anyone else ever get tired of getting your balls busted constantly for not driving a "real jeep"? I know it's all in good fun, but it gets old after awhile.

Firemanray
10-06-2011, 08:35 PM
You just need to come wheel with Jim, Matt, and I. Everytime we go with the "real" jeeps they wus out on us, or end up on the end of our winch lines. Now there are a few $40,000 rigs that give us grief but I don't have a monthly payment, I don't care if I bend or break it, and, I don't have to have full coverage insurance. These are all good reasons not to have a real jeep! Also I can haul 5 people around and a cooler! So :tounge: the "real" jeepers that wanna bust on ya!!

bigjim350
10-06-2011, 08:37 PM
I wish somebody would "bust my balls" for not having a "real jeep". I haven't been in a good fight in years.

Firemanray
10-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Oh yeah and "real" jeeps can't do this:http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd11/firemanray21/Popout.jpg

dagr8tim
10-06-2011, 08:43 PM
What really pisses me off is the "Ricer Burner Jeepers" who drive JK's. Most don't realize the chassis & drive trains are assemblies by a "supplier" and delivered to Jeep who installs the tub, hangs the sheet metal, and installs the interior.

Funny part is that the supplier is owned by Hyundai.

Carves
10-06-2011, 08:58 PM
What really pisses me off is the "Ricer Burner Jeepers" who drive JK's. Most don't realize the chassis & drive trains are assemblies by a "supplier" and delivered to Jeep who installs the tub, hangs the sheet metal, and installs the interior.

Funny part is that the supplier is owned by Hyundai.

Hyundai supplies the chassis ???

... or assembles a supplied chassis and the drivetrain ??

Vehicle brand names havent meant squat since they started the global car nonsence back in the 80's .....

We had fords running around down here with nissan stickers on em, Toyotas sporting the local GM badge ....

Didnt know which car to cheer at the races :rolleyes: ... :D

However with "Jeeps" ... If its made after the TJ ... I ignore em ....

... and sometimes I ever so politely, remind TJers that their, half tough Jeep .... is half, old XJ parts .. :D

dagr8tim
10-06-2011, 09:09 PM
Hyundai supplies the chassis ???

... or assembles a supplied chassis and the drivetrain ??

Vehicle brand names havent meant squat since they started the global car nonsence back in the 80's .....

We had fords running around down here with nissan stickers on em, Toyotas sporting the local GM badge ....

Didnt know which car to cheer at the races :rolleyes: ... :D

However with "Jeeps" ... If its made after the TJ ... I ignore em ....

... and sometimes I ever so politely, remind TJers that their, half tough Jeep .... is half, old XJ parts .. :D

Probably 6 of one, have dozen of the other. I've toured the Wrangler Assembly plant in Toledo. I've seen rolling chassis come in one end, Jeep hang the sheet metal and install the interior, and then roll them out the other end.

IIRC, the buildings are owned by jeep, and leased to the suppliers who are responsible for keeping a steady stream of parts coming (just in time delivery model).

Showtime3492
10-06-2011, 09:14 PM
Took a xj on 31s everywhere my buddies went on 33s and 35s all in wranglers.

LizardRunner
10-07-2011, 02:11 PM
:timeout: you mean the jeep xj isn't a real jeep :confused: Gee, every time I've gone somewhere there were other models, CJ, TJ. I was the one that kept going with out rolling over. Now ya got me wondering what the heck a real jeep is. :crazy:

DETOURS
10-07-2011, 03:10 PM
I drive a real Jeep! ;)

steph74
10-07-2011, 05:22 PM
it says on the title... it is a jeep.... therefore I drive a jeep too...

BlueXJ
10-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Find a cup, much easier on the jewels.
Wear a cup. It works for me. I had a buddy that wanted me to go with him to see a jeep that was in a local paper for sale. We got there and knocked on the owners door and said we wanted to see his Jeep. He took us to his garage and lifted the door to let us see a Bronco and I asked where was the Jeep and he says "Right here" that's when the argument started. I hate idiots who can't tell a Ford from a Jeep.

LizardRunner
10-07-2011, 08:07 PM
poor guy living in an upside down, inside out world, all by himself.

Mudderoy
10-07-2011, 11:45 PM
Wear a cup. It works for me. I had a buddy that wanted me to go with him to see a jeep that was in a local paper for sale. We got there and knocked on the owners door and said we wanted to see his Jeep. He took us to his garage and lifted the door to let us see a Bronco and I asked where was the Jeep and he says "Right here" that's when the argument started. I hate idiots who can't tell a Ford from a Jeep.

Wow that is just scary.

Indiana Jeep
10-08-2011, 09:14 AM
I havn't run into that alot around here. But also not much on the Jeep wave either. This past summer I finally did the front door removal. One thing I got tired of is all the people that pull up and say "Hey you lost your doors!" They seem to think it's the funniest thing in the world. I usually just ignore them or say "Is that the best you can come up with?"

bluedragon436
10-08-2011, 09:26 AM
Hey they can have their "real" Jeep.. I'll take my option of carrying 5 people pretty comfortably, as well as camping gear, and not having to pull a trailer to do so... if I decide to purchase a trailer that is by choice.. not by necessity.. so f**k em' if they don't want to except our XJ's as real Jeeps!!

OrangeXJ
10-08-2011, 12:45 PM
I had the same problem until I started wheelin with a lot of highly modified TJ's and YJ's. I for the most part I have the same mods they do and I could go where ever they went and got there respect. Sence I had a CJ and now a TJ I'm educating them how bad a XJ is.

prerunner1982
10-08-2011, 01:09 PM
They aren't real Jeepers if they don't understand that other models are capable too. Jeepers shouldn't argue amongst themselves. At least with most Chevy guys, they argue that a Chevy is better than a Ford, not that their Chevy models is better than another Chevy model.

702XJCruiser
10-08-2011, 02:29 PM
LOL there's all kind's of directions this discussion can go, but the bottom line is if an XJ is not a real Jeep than neither is say, a TJ or YJ. They all have the same or very similar parts under the hood and in the drive train. 4.0 straight six, solid axles front and back. Hard to get any more Jeep than that.

This is funny. Jeep the original 4x4 that inspired other 4x4's such as Land Rover haha
Jeep - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jarlaxle
10-09-2011, 01:43 PM

Maybe he had just seen the video to Alan Jackson's Drive. (Which, that gaffe notwithstanding, is an AWESOME video.)

XJ4IV
10-09-2011, 02:22 PM
I am quite satisfied with me jeep... whenever somebody gives me hell about the cherokee not being a real jeep... I simply say lead the way I'll be RIGHT behind ya!
Ive proven over and over again that my jeep and a wrangler with the same mods mine will actually do MORE than the wrangler can... not sure HOW but it does guess its the wheelbase
Proof:
disregard everything after 3:20 I forgot to turn the camera off but this is my jeep on 3 inches of lift and 33" tsls with a front locker... the guy in front of me in the video below has 33's and I BELIEVE
a rear locker... I think it was a rubicon none the less its at least the SAME if not more equiped than mine was at the time
here is what it looked like, this is the same day that the video was taken, mustve been the color that made it all happen
http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo167/seivey/BMRA%20%20%20E-Run%2009/ZN50005.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8vgAUCtaN4

jccatt
10-09-2011, 04:11 PM
Yip, I think the xj is the best jeep ever made. Its the wheelbase, perfect suspension mix and a tractor engine.

prerunner1982
10-09-2011, 05:21 PM
XJ4IV you just crawled right up that.... the TJ owner was having issues.

XJ4IV
10-09-2011, 09:52 PM
I think the main issue is folks wann just drop the throttle instead of giving the treads a fair chance of actually gripping into a rock. rock crawling is about finesse not throttle where as muddin requires a good amount of skinny peddle

bluedragon436
10-10-2011, 10:05 AM
Awesome video Scott!! And I always think it is funny to hear the Wrangler guys talk shit about the XJ's.. Just a had a guy the other day call me and ask if I could come pull his Rubicon out of a mud hole he got it stuck in.. Yep.. well needless to say, since his front bumper is currently being build, he doesn't have any front extraction points.. and me only have points at the back of my XJ for now.. I drove right past him, in the worst part of the muck and pulled him out no issues... After I pulled him out.. all he could say was, that he wasn't going to give me shit for building up an XJ over any Wrangler again... All I could do was laugh...

Mudderoy
10-10-2011, 09:46 PM
I used to bust my knuckles all the time, so I started wearing gloves. I'm just saying...

prerunner1982
10-10-2011, 09:48 PM
Some people just enjoy pain more than others...

dagr8tim
10-11-2011, 06:44 AM
Some people just enjoy pain more than others...

You should see my hands after my rear disk adventure yesterday.