PDA

View Full Version : OBD0 To OBD2

senatE
10-01-2011, 02:05 PM
i want to get a full OBD2 harness and convert my jeep front obd0 to obd2 but i cant find anything on this subject. has this been done before and is it worth all the trouble? i want it just bc the simpleness of checking code and what not.

jeepxj95
10-03-2011, 12:07 AM
mopar performance makes a 95 ho kit for the 4.0 little pricey do a google serch. its obd1 but at least u dont have to have a o2 senser for the cat. i want to do this to my 90 cuz im tired of fighting with the renix system that and theres more early ho parts then the renix

senatE
10-03-2011, 12:54 AM
i couldnt find anything on it but im not exactly sure what to look for lol. i figured to just get a donor jeep thats 96+ and take all the stuff out.

jeepxj95
10-03-2011, 01:15 AM
that would work i think one of the i think one of the catalogs advertise it

4.3LXJ
10-03-2011, 10:14 AM
You will have to run all the sa,e semsors as well as the ECM. Also ypu would have to run the VSS on the rcase as well as the gage cluster. Better if you use OBDI

mafundzalo
10-03-2011, 08:30 PM
You will have to run all the sa,e semsors as well as the ECM. Also ypu would have to run the VSS on the rcase as well as the gage cluster. Better if you use OBDI

I agree! There is more than just the harness. Right off the top of my head I know that you will have to swap the brake pedal, switch, booster and master cylinder. Also the Chryco MPI fuel pumps run 50psi, where renix only runs 37 IIRC, so be ready to swap fuel pumps as well. If you're having problems with the renix, grab a factory service manual - its a LOT more helpful than the haynes or chilton's manuals. The DRBII tool the FSM says to use is not necessary since most of it's functions can be duplicated with a $20 multimeter.

Peace

Mafundzalo

LizardRunner
10-03-2011, 08:38 PM
the easiest way to go to obdII from no obd is to buy a newer jeep. you will be replacing almost all the parts to get to obd II. easier to move to obd I and fewer parts to put on/ replace.