PDA

View Full Version : Welcome osfp!!!

cantab27
09-25-2011, 11:03 AM
Hi osfp, welcome to the xjtalk forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

Got a Wrangler? Maybe a friend with one? http://www.WranglerTalk.com/

osfp
09-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Thanks,
I have owned Jeeps for many years mostly CJ's This is my first xj (95)a little different animal, right now it is tore apart motor is being rebuilt, tranny is going to the shop tomorrow, and going to start on the suspension lift this week, Wife says I can't go to high so just going up 2" inches for now till she getts tired of driving it then who knows?
I was trying to find a artical about intake manifold swap for the 4.0L any help? Want to put new style on ('99), need to know if the power steering bracket will still fit.
Thanks

Mudderoy
09-25-2011, 11:44 AM
Thanks,
I have owned Jeeps for many years mostly CJ's This is my first xj (95)a little different animal, right now it is tore apart motor is being rebuilt, tranny is going to the shop tomorrow, and going to start on the suspension lift this week, Wife says I can't go to high so just going up 2" inches for now till she getts tired of driving it then who knows?
I was trying to find a artical about intake manifold swap for the 4.0L any help? Want to put new style on ('99), need to know if the power steering bracket will still fit.
Thanks

:welcome: to the site. I have a 98 and I want to do that 99 intake as well. I seem to remember something about the bracket, I don't think it applies to my 98, but I believe it does apply to the pre 97 models.

msmoorenburg is in the process of rebuilding a 4.0 to go in his 92 and he is doing the 99 intake swap. I remember he bought it with the power steering bracket on it.

4.3LXJ
09-25-2011, 12:06 PM
:welcome: to xjtalk

I seem to remember something about that as well but can't remember the details. So this is the wife's daily driver too?

1ATony
09-28-2011, 02:10 PM
Welcome to the site.

bluedragon436
09-28-2011, 02:38 PM
:welcome: to xjtalk osfp from Delaware/Maryland!! I can't wait to do my 99+ IM swap on my 98.. going to do a 60mm TB too..

xj4life2
09-28-2011, 04:26 PM
welcome and as we always like to help the new guys ...... this should answer all your swap questions

http://jeep-xj.info/HowtoIntakeManifold1.htm