PDA

View Full Version : Welcome bstrom650!!!

cantab27
09-23-2011, 11:16 AM
Hi bstrom650, welcome to the xjtalk forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

Got a Wrangler? Maybe a friend with one? http://www.WranglerTalk.com/

bluedragon436
09-23-2011, 11:43 AM
:welcome: to xjtalk from Delaware/Maryland!!

bstrom650
09-23-2011, 11:57 AM
Hello all. Just surfing the Cherokee forums and found it like everyone else.

I'm driving (or will be once I get it back from my son!) a 1996 2-door red SE 4WD w/ 187,000 miles on it. I've basically just reconditioned it with new Geolander 235's, an Alpine stereo, JY bump stops, rear Alpine speakers and new ignition/lighting parts. All new lubes to get it reliable as a daily driver.

Repainted the stock wheels to keep it looking original. While I was at the JY getting a full instrumentation cluster, I pulled a woodgrain dash inset too - looks good!

Body/flares/paint is almost perfect, which is why I bought it for $1900. I've got about $2800 into right now and may have to replace the clutch/flywheel but it runs great and drives fine apart from a grabby clutch.

Will be adding 703's and shocks to finish up. Drive a little on dirt roads at a local OVH but don't offroad as such.

(Guess I need to post a bit more to show pix?)

Mudderoy
09-23-2011, 03:42 PM
Hello all. Just surfing the Cherokee forums and found it like everyone else.

I'm driving (or will be once I get it back from my son!) a 1996 2-door red SE 4WD w/ 187,000 miles on it. I've basically just reconditioned it with new Geolander 235's, an Alpine stereo, JY bump stops, rear Alpine speakers and new ignition/lighting parts. All new lubes to get it reliable as a daily driver.

Repainted the stock wheels to keep it looking original. While I was at the JY getting a full instrumentation cluster, I pulled a woodgrain dash inset too - looks good!

Body/flares/paint is almost perfect, which is why I bought it for $1900. I've got about $2800 into right now and may have to replace the clutch/flywheel but it runs great and drives fine apart from a grabby clutch.

Will be adding 703's and shocks to finish up. Drive a little on dirt roads at a local OVH but don't offroad as such.

(Guess I need to post a bit more to show pix?)

The red Jeep ranks grow! :thumbsup:

:welcome: