PDA

View Full Version : The Great XJ Hunt

LizardRunner
09-21-2011, 08:37 PM
My wife Wolf has been looking for an XJ for her self as some of you know, for the last five months so far. Every time she sees one that really catches her eye, we go look at it. Then we go home and talk about it until she makes the decision of really likeing the looks of it or not. If she decides she likes it, then we go back and do an extensive check over and test drive. Since she used to Race dirt cars, she knows the noises and mostly what they mean as well as how much it might cost to fix said noises. This is becoming a trial for me, I can tell it. Creator has decided that this is a great way to test me on the vitrue of patience with my woman and listening to her well.

So far we have done the above with a black and silver jeep which had rusted out door sills, floor and was in need of front and rear axle rebuilds. We went no further than the parking lot in that one. Then there was a red one, yes tony I will look at any color jeep if my wife likes it enough to bring it up. That red one was in fair condition rust wise but the rear end had been run dry for a ways, the gear oil was really burnt smelling and once again all four of the bearings were shot as well as the transfer case chain. Then just reciently she found a green XJ, from the road it looked pretty good. Up close it had been in a hard front end collision and repaired poorly. This poor jeep had been torqued from the left front to the right rear, lots of panel warpage and all of the doors didn't fit even close to like they should. We went for a test drive and it did fairly well until she wanted to turn around, lots of knocks and whine so back to the lot we went. While we were there, she found a silver ZJ and wanted to test drive it, we pulled out and the rear end whined like a jet engine winding up. Needless to say she whipped it around and back to the lot we went.

She knows what she wants and that's a good thing. She's very picky and doesn't want one that will suck money from da lizard's build plan. I like that part a lot. The Great XJ Hunt continues.

saar
09-22-2011, 07:32 AM
You should be happy you're a lucky man.
My wife hardly agrees to sit in the XJ, yours want to choose it :-)
(Mine didn't speak with me almost 2 days after I bought it)

KH96XJ
09-22-2011, 07:46 AM
You should be happy you're a lucky man.
My wife hardly agrees to sit in the XJ, yours want to choose it :-)
(Mine didn't speak with me almost 2 days after I bought it)

I'm told in some marriages that could be seen as a blessing.

LizardRunner
09-22-2011, 08:31 AM
Yes I am a very lucky man :D but it also took three bad tries to finally get the right woman for me, it only happened when I asked creator to choose for me since I obviously was very poor at choosing. It doesn't hurt that she is a healer our skills and knowledge go hand in hand and this creates a powerful union. My mentor says we each have great power but that together we have more than double. It's rather interesting when we go to powwows or conclaves to see the looks on the peoples faces as we participate. I've had people side step to keep some distance and others come up to ask for help.

bluedragon436
09-22-2011, 11:55 AM
I'm with Saar.. You are def. a lucky man on the fact of your wife wants to purchase an XJ.. Mine hates mine, hates sitting in it, def. hates driving it.. much less spending more money on it.. needed or just wanted spending... so def. be patient with her.. especially as it benefits you to not have a bomb of an XJ purchase..

4.3LXJ
09-22-2011, 12:47 PM
Mine does too. Wants it modded too.

jeepxj95
09-22-2011, 10:24 PM
my wife love it even tho its a money pit and i dont have a job. she wants to covert the 90 to 4wd one day. :)

bluedragon436
09-23-2011, 02:40 AM
my wife love it even tho its a money pit and i dont have a job. she wants to covert the 90 to 4wd one day. :)

Can't complain about that deal! I would be happy if mine was cool with me making any mods to mine.. But it's all good.. I'll still build mine the way I want it.. It just may be a bit slower going without the support.. But it will still happen..

4.3LXJ
09-23-2011, 09:42 AM
My wife was not all that hot about the Jeep. But on our last trip, I made sure she saw things she liked on the trip out in the mountains. She likes looking at big rocks, flowers like the kind you can put in a rock garden and grand vistas. We just had to go on a few rough roads to find that stuff. Now she is hooked.

bluedragon436
09-23-2011, 10:07 AM
Yeah I am hoping once I can get her on a wheeling trip, she might be hooked, or understand my addiction a little better.. guess we shall see when the chance comes!!

LizardRunner
09-23-2011, 04:06 PM
Here's hoping she sees the wheeling light BD. Wolf wants to keep her's stock so it's easier to get into than the lifted Lizard will be. But she has already seen that to get to the really cool places and vistas ya gotta go wheeling at least a little. She isn't so hot on the mudpuddles I find and just have to go through though. but, that's why I'll get to install a winch. :D

jeepxj95
09-23-2011, 11:20 PM
thats the kool part about taking our gf or wife wheeling or on a trip. they see what they like and we get to go WHEELING.

bluedragon436
09-24-2011, 12:44 AM
Unless your g/f or wife isn't really big into it even after the trip.. because they think it is a waste of money/time!!.. then there is no real hope.. but we shall see what the outcome is once I get to take her on one!!

4.3LXJ
09-24-2011, 09:19 AM
Here's hoping she sees the wheeling light BD. Wolf wants to keep her's stock so it's easier to get into than the lifted Lizard will be. But she has already seen that to get to the really cool places and vistas ya gotta go wheeling at least a little. She isn't so hot on the mudpuddles I find and just have to go through though. but, that's why I'll get to install a winch. :D

Chicks don't seem to dig mud. They like to stay clean.

BlueXJ
09-24-2011, 01:33 PM
Mine don't care what she rides in as long as it has A/C and is pretty comfortable. She drives my Miata to work and shop. She also drives my Z71 when she needs a truck or it is raining (very rare) but the XJ is a last resort because I keep a few boxes of recovery gear and tools in it so it has limited capacity for shopping purchases.
Wives.....can't live with them, or without them either. Mine has been hangin' around for 43 years.

bluedragon436
09-25-2011, 03:40 AM
Well considering my wife has her 2004 Ram 1500 QC, w/ 5.7L Hemi.. my XJ is def. a last resort option.. not to mention all her horse gear is in the truck, and all her school/paramedic stuff is in there too... and she knows I would be pissed if she loaded down my XJ with all the horseshit.. I give her crap for doing it to the truck already.. plus she don't like the tub you sit in with your feet, not to mention the 7.5" she has to climb up to get in now... but she never liked it before it was lifted.. so might as well continue building it the way I want, not for her!! LOL..

LizardRunner
09-25-2011, 02:00 PM
hores gear? tack? oh yeah like that is more worth while than building a go any where you want to go vehicle. you gotta feed em clean up after them have a place to store them when you aren't riding them. Dang, does sound sorta like a jeep afterall. :smiley-laughing021: Guess you could add a stirup for her on her side of the lifted jeep. Then she would feel more at home climbing into the saddle.:D

4.3LXJ
09-25-2011, 02:48 PM
hores gear? tack? oh yeah like that is more worth while than building a go any where you want to go vehicle. you gotta feed em clean up after them have a place to store them when you aren't riding them. Dang, does sound sorta like a jeep afterall. :smiley-laughing021:

Nah, Jeeps don't make horse shit, just the drivers :D

LizardRunner
09-25-2011, 05:46 PM
very true steve. must be why I prefer my xj to a horse nothing to pickup just cause you fed it.