PDA

View Full Version : Welcome japimenta!!!

BlueXJ
09-21-2011, 03:28 PM
Hi japimenta, welcome to the xjtalk forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

Got a Wrangler? Maybe a friend with one? http://www.WranglerTalk.com/

japimenta
09-21-2011, 04:58 PM
Dear xjtalk friends.
I have a problem in my 1989 Grand Cherokee. I have 2 combustibles modes: fuel (gasoline) and fuel gas. The PDM module ( Passenger Door Module), disconnect the fuel pump when I use fuel gas. The fuel pump must be connected when I use fuel ( gasoline) as power. My remote control is not working ( it is inoperative). My motor is not working when I use fuel (gasoline). It only works whit power gas. In this way, the PDM immobilization function is not necessary, because if the sistem is not blocked when I use power gas ( fuel gas), I don't need this blocking function when I use fuel ( gasoline).
My question is: what can I do to disconnect the blocking function fron PDM?
Can I connect directely the fuel pump when I use fuel ( gasoline)?
Pardon by my poor english.
Thans for your help.
J A Pimenta

4.3LXJ
09-21-2011, 08:45 PM
Jose, I am a little confused about what you are trying to do. Are you running two tanks and what is fuel gas?

cantab27
09-22-2011, 12:05 AM
think hes talking lpg...liquid petroleum gas...... common down our ways......Jose can you post pics of under your bonnet..

bluedragon436
09-22-2011, 05:00 AM
:welcome: to xjtalk from Delaware/Maryland!! Hey Japimenta, were you asking about this on the xjtalk facebook??

Carves
09-22-2011, 06:26 AM
X 2 on the dual fuel setup .... as it sounds like an LPG setup.

I think hes also got a factory, engine immobiliser fitted .... which appears to operate the same - as the the factory setup in my 1997 XJ ... i.e. the keyless entry remote, "unlock" button - deactivates the the immobiliser.

... btw ... welcome aboard japimenta

xj4life2
09-22-2011, 01:20 PM
Wow no dual fuely's in my network , I think we let the boys down under handle this one !!!

1ATony
09-23-2011, 08:57 AM
welcome to the site

japimenta
09-25-2011, 11:00 PM
To 1A Tony
You invited me to call you. My english is very poor to talk about mechanic/electric problems by phone.
I leave in Vitoria, a 1 milion peoples at the sea border, 500 km north from Rio de Janeiro.
I need the electric schematic circuits from Grand Cherokee Laredo 1998, mainly the Passenger Door Module, Ignition control circuits, fuel pump control circuit.
1. My PDM module is not receiving the frequency signal from the remote control key.
2. I don't need to use the motor immobilization function.
3. My motor do not starts because I can't disconect the immobilizator by pressing the unlok button.
4. I think, that the fuel pump is filled with 12 volts only when the sistem is not immobilizated.
5. I need to know how to do to disconnect the immobilizator system.

Mudderoy
09-25-2011, 11:15 PM
To 1A Tony
You invited me to call you. My english is very poor to talk about mechanic/electric problems by phone.
I leave in Vitoria, a 1 milion peoples at the sea border, 500 km north from Rio de Janeiro.
I need the electric schematic circuits from Grand Cherokee Laredo 1998, mainly the Passenger Door Module, Ignition control circuits, fuel pump control circuit.
1. My PDM module is not receiving the frequency signal from the remote control key.
3. My motor do not starts because I can't disconect the immobilizator by pressing the unlok button.
4. I think, that the fuel pump is filled with 12 volts only when the sistem is not immobilizated.

That "Call me" is in his signature, so he's telling everyone to call him for parts, etc...

We don't have a lot of grand cherokee people here as this is a Cherokee site, but I bet someone here will be able to either help you find the information or direct you to where you can. Hang in there and lets let the xjtalk forum magic work.

Carves
09-26-2011, 07:15 AM

You may be lucky and find something on the internet by googling. Manuals are available from chrysler & e-bay pirate copies ... but I have not seen the full schematics in anything I have for the XJ ... must be coz its a security system ... ;) .. :D

If you do get a workshop manual ... Make sure you get an export model edition ... NOT - just a U.S. model edition.

Its a common issue for a variety of reasons ...

Heres a couple of links to threads on the same problem in Australia.

--> http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60477&highlight=engine+immobiliser
--> http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93485

Probably controlled using the ASD relay .... ;)

Any good auto electrician or car alarm installer should be able to rig a bypass I would imagine ....

Let us know how you go with it.

xj4life2
09-26-2011, 10:05 AM
Ok but just this once LOLLOL

http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/payless4x/pdm2-1.gif

http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/payless4x/pdm-1.gif

Hope this helps