PDA

View Full Version : Boots

BlueXJ
09-18-2011, 11:13 PM
An Army Ranger on leave visits Deep into Louisiana. While there he decides he wants a pair of Alligator boots. He goes to the boot maker and inquires about a pair of Alligator boots. The boot maker gives him a price which is way out of the soldier's price range. The boot maker tells him the alligators are difficult to acquire and that is the reason for the high prices.
The Ranger says well I will go get you an alligator. The boot maker tells him to keep an eye out for two Recon Marines who had come in yesterday and made the same inquiry, to which he told them to get an alligator for the boots.
The Ranger heads for the swamp and when he arrives he sees the two Marines about knee deep in the swamp. He notices a huge alligator swimming towards the Marines. The larger of the two Marines grabs the alligator up and strangles it with his bear hands. Once it stops twitching he and his buddy drag it out of the water and examine it, then toss it up onto the bank with about 50 other dead alligators. The big Marine turns to the other Marine and says " This one didn't have any on either".

bluedragon436
09-18-2011, 11:20 PM
The sad thing is.. after being around quite a few Army and Marines.. I could very easily see this actually happening!! But seriously.. I wonder if they would get some money back from the boot maker for the gators!!

BlueXJ
09-19-2011, 09:51 AM
Hides need to be properly prepared I think.

farmerjohnson
09-28-2011, 04:15 PM
An Army Ranger on leave visits Deep into Louisiana. While there he decides he wants a pair of Alligator boots. He goes to the boot maker and inquires about a pair of Alligator boots. The boot maker gives him a price which is way out of the soldier's price range. The boot maker tells him the alligators are difficult to acquire and that is the reason for the high prices.
The Ranger says well I will go get you an alligator. The boot maker tells him to keep an eye out for two Recon Marines who had come in yesterday and made the same inquiry, to which he told them to get an alligator for the boots.
The Ranger heads for the swamp and when he arrives he sees the two Marines about knee deep in the swamp. He notices a huge alligator swimming towards the Marines. The larger of the two Marines grabs the alligator up and strangles it with his bear hands. Once it stops twitching he and his buddy drag it out of the water and examine it, then toss it up onto the bank with about 50 other dead alligators. The big Marine turns to the other Marine and says " This one didn't have any on either".

Being an active duty Marine myself, I don't doubt that this could happen!