PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

Abovetimberline
09-15-2011, 02:10 PM
I would like to thank 4.3lXJ yesterday for helping me basically rebuild the entire front end of my xj. I have a lot of knowledge with xjs however I have never installed adj control arms,track bar and was not confident with this part of the rebuild with caster,axle position,etc with Steves help and knowledge he made this easy and showed me valuable knowledge that will help me in the future. I just returned from wyoming and my jeep handled so bad I had blisters on my hands trying to keep in my lane. After yesterday I can drive it like new,this is huge for me,no wondering,no death wobble,no bump steer,it is a treat to drive. I am just happy he had the patience to get through the day,it was testy lol. I will be doing a write-up on here soon to help others,we installed new track bar from Andy at Ironman,used tie-rod,draglink from a gc,new upper bushings,new 1-3/4" spacers and used coils from a gc cherokee country. next project in a couple of weeks is disc brakes on my 44,bastard pack that steve was using,and power booster from a grand cherokee. It will be fun. Again thanks Steve for everything, it has help me a lot.
Rich

Mudderoy
09-15-2011, 02:22 PM
I would like to thank 4.3lXJ yesterday for helping me basically rebuild the entire front end of my xj. I have a lot of knowledge with xjs however I have never installed adj control arms,track bar and was not confident with this part of the rebuild with caster,axle position,etc with Steves help and knowledge he made this easy and showed me valuable knowledge that will help me in the future. I just returned from wyoming and my jeep handled so bad I had blisters on my hands trying to keep in my lane. After yesterday I can drive it like new,this is huge for me,no wondering,no death wobble,no bump steer,it is a treat to drive. I am just happy he had the patience to get through the day,it was testy lol. I will be doing a write-up on here soon to help others,we installed new track bar from Andy at Ironman,used tie-rod,draglink from a gc,new upper bushings,new 1-3/4" spacers and used coils from a gc cherokee country. next project in a couple of weeks is disc brakes on my 44,bastard pack that steve was using,and power booster from a grand cherokee. It will be fun. Again thanks Steve for everything, it has help me a lot.
Rich

Steve is a huge help here as well, frankly I don't know what he sees in us! :spongebob:

BlueXJ
09-15-2011, 04:48 PM
Glad to hear you are all buttoned up and back on the road. Any pics of the Wyoming trip?

cantab27
09-15-2011, 10:51 PM
yep, ditto steve's a great tree of jeep knowledge... has helped many on this forum...wheres the pics and write up..lol

Abovetimberline
09-15-2011, 11:04 PM
It was not one of those trips,I was gone from home for 51 hours and 40 of it driving. Went to pick-up my nephews son. I wish I could have spent more time there though. How is Texas,are you close to the fires?

Abovetimberline
09-15-2011, 11:09 PM
Pics and write up soon,hope it will assist. I looked for a good write-up and never found one on any site but this one will be easy to follow. Bluexj was involved with me on the ones I did on cherokee forum these will be the same. I like to write them as if the person reading them has no clue,like me,lol so hope it will be useful.