PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Masterwrench!!!

bigjim350
09-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Hi Masterwrench, welcome to the xjtalk forum!

We would love to know more about you and your Jeep. How you found us, etc...

Check out "Announcements" "How to post an image" for help posting images.

Got a Wrangler? Maybe a friend with one? http://www.WranglerTalk.com/

Masterwrench
09-12-2011, 03:28 PM
1st time Jeep owner and father of three looking to do some wheeling with with my family. I started out looking for a 1st gen 4runner but couldnt find any within a reasonable distance that I would buy. A guy from work turned me on to Cherokees and the more I looked at them the more I liked them. I finally bought a 99 XJ with 6.5" RC short arm lift. My mod short list includes a long arm upgrade, alloy axles and elockers, 4.88 gears, and 35" tires. We all know it wont end there and your truck is really never finished. Im a 21 year master certified Ford driveability technician and Im excited about working on something other than Fords!!

Mudderoy
09-12-2011, 03:53 PM
1st time Jeep owner and father of three looking to do some wheeling with with my family. I started out looking for a 1st gen 4runner but couldnt find any within a reasonable distance that I would buy. A guy from work turned me on to Cherokees and the more I looked at them the more I liked them. I finally bought a 99 XJ with 6.5" RC short arm lift. My mod short list includes a long arm upgrade, alloy axles and elockers, 4.88 gears, and 35" tires. We all know it wont end there and your truck is really never finished. Im a 21 year master certified Ford driveability technician and Im excited about working on something other than Fords!!

I've been wanting to do 35" tires for a while but I just can't justify the upgraded axles, bracing the steering box to the unibody and the upgrade of the steering box. Probably a cooler on the power steering unit to boot! It should would look nice though!

My 98 is our first Jeep. We got it in 1998, but I didn't start lifting and building it until about 4 years ago. In fact I'll be replacing my first set of off road tires this week hopefully. 33x12.5x15, I've got 32's on it now.

Hey thanks for taking the time to join, and I know I'm speaking for everyone when I say we're looking forward to pictures and how you progress on your build.

:popcorn:

xj4life2
09-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Welcome from NOR CAL , being a master certified Ford driveability technician have I got a question for you ........

Masterwrench
09-12-2011, 05:58 PM
Payless, if you want email me at [email protected] and I'll be glad to help out.

xj4life2
09-12-2011, 07:44 PM
Payless, if you want email me at [email protected] and I'll be glad to help out.

I appreciate the offer and if I can't get his one figured out :bang: I might just do that !!! Thanks again Mark

4.3LXJ
09-12-2011, 08:23 PM

Welcome to the forum. You are right, it won't end there. I said I wasn't going to mod this one, but once I got started I couldn't stop. Sounds like nice clear cut goals. 4.88s will give you good acceleration with 35s, but hurt you a little on the economy. But a good choice nonetheless.

cantab27
09-12-2011, 11:00 PM
welcome to xjtalk...