PDA

View Full Version : Another Banning at CF

4.3LXJ
09-02-2011, 10:32 AM
Well folks, I am on my way to being banned I think at CF. After a discussion on lifts, and defending a young man who wanted to lift above 4.5", I have received an infraction.

Dear 4.3L XJ,

You have received an infraction at Jeep Cherokee Forum.

Reason: General Rule Violation
-------
Don't argue with a Moderator. And don't tell them how to do their job.

If you have a problem, PM me, or whichever Moderator you have the issue with.

Disrespect like this will not be tolerated whatsoever.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f67/big...0/#post1176470
Quote:
I am familiar with KTM Racers build. Two things need to be addressed here. One is that he has already trashed one rig. The second is that this is a dedicated rig. I don't look at mine as disposable. So yes, I have read and learned. I also see what works here, not back east. A point I have stressed how many times now. NOW I WANT TO SAY THIS LOUD AND CLEAR. DIFFERENT COMBINATIONS WORK IN DIFFERENT AREAS. PERIOD OK? DO WHAT WORKS BEST FOR WHAT YOU WANT OK?

I made this response after receiving some sarcastic remarks from this moderator GEE OH DEE (God maybe) and reminding the moderator we should treat members courteously and answer their questions

To which I respnded

Ok, I will PM you. First off, sarcasm should not be part of your response as a moderator. You are supposed to represent your forum in an impartial and consistent manner. Now if I am not allowed to disagree with you or your friends, then this forum is not worth much really. Secondly, I was not arguing with you personally, I was arguing with your position on a technical matter. Sorry if your feelings were hurt, but you will notice others chimed in eventually that also had taller lifts and agreed with me. Now clarify something for me. Is there some official policy here on this forum that I cannot disagree with some agenda on lift heights? If so, please state that in the forum rules. Is there also some policy that I cannot disagree with you on a technical issue. If so, please show me this in the forum rules. You know, I haven't been posting much on this forum, just because of this kind of stuff. I had thought maybe it had passed. Now if you wish to give me another infraction for this pm to you, then so be it. But you need to be aware there are some with more technical expertise than you might think. I won't bother you with the details of my resume.

Mudderoy
09-02-2011, 11:05 AM
You should have put in there your lift is so high you are concerned the authorities will be able to tell you don't have a cat. :sign0181: :out:

I cannot believe anyone responsible for a public forum would allow this to go on very long.

Maybe you guys see now why "for the most part" I'll bend over backwards trying to keep a member happy. I don't want to be like that guy.

4.3LXJ
09-02-2011, 11:15 AM
Well, here is his reply and mine

I don't care if you disagree with me. I don't care if you feel I am wrong. I also don't care one bit what you claim your resume shows.

Disrespecting a Moderator will not be tolerated. Publicly or privately. Period.

Making unfounded accusations is another thing that will not be tolerated. Period.

These are indeed part of our rule system here. As for rules regarding the actions of Moderators, I see none.[/QUOTE]

OK, I would draw your attention to post #60 and #65, particularly #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee oh Dee
http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f2/low-...ks-tips-32980/

Read. Learn.

The first few pics show a truck running rocks larger than yours...
Some folks here have some reading and learning to do.

I take offense to sarcasm, just like anyone else. It is demeaning. If I had done that to you, you would have given me an infraction, correct. So because you are a moderator, it makes it correct for you to do so? Kind of hypocritical don't you think?

I am curious. Your user name, what does it stand for. There is an obvious conclusion, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt and let you explain it to me.

His user name is GEE OH DEE. Makes me wonder.

Mudderoy
09-02-2011, 11:36 AM
well, here is his reply and mine

i don't care if you disagree with me. I don't care if you feel i am wrong. I also don't care one bit what you claim your resume shows.

Disrespecting a moderator will not be tolerated. Publicly or privately. Period.

Making unfounded accusations is another thing that will not be tolerated. Period.

These are indeed part of our rule system here. As for rules regarding the actions of moderators, i see none.

ok, i would draw your attention to post #60 and #65, particularly #65

quote:
Originally posted by gee oh dee
http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f2/low-...ks-tips-32980/

read. Learn.

The first few pics show a truck running rocks larger than yours...
Some folks here have some reading and learning to do.

I take offense to sarcasm, just like anyone else. It is demeaning. If i had done that to you, you would have given me an infraction, correct. So because you are a moderator, it makes it correct for you to do so? Kind of hypocritical don't you think?

I am curious. Your user name, what does it stand for. There is an obvious conclusion, but i will give you the benefit of the doubt and let you explain it to me.

His user name is gee oh dee. Makes me wonder.

gee oh dee = GOD?

I prefer to do all my disrespecting in person. :D

xj4life2
09-02-2011, 12:29 PM
Wow steve you are a rebel, I never liked that guy anyway lol lol Mabey I will get banned from there next :) As for his user name ..... He'll pay for that

toebee97
09-02-2011, 12:41 PM
That is why this is pretty much the only XJ forum I use. I've been on them all, and eventually they all have one A-hole that has to show everyone how much of a jackass he is. Even on a couple Facebook jeep groups I'm in, it's like a high school girl fight. This is the only site I've never had a problem on, everyone is really chill and helpful.

xj4life2
09-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Just went to read the entire posting and they have removed the "contraversial" posts and left the rest. So I guess it never happened :)

bigjim350
09-02-2011, 12:43 PM
Welcome to the club :D

Sent from my VM670

toebee97
09-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Just went to read the entire posting and they have removed the "contraversial" posts and left the rest. So I guess it never happened :)
I saw that too lol...

bluedragon436
09-02-2011, 12:52 PM
Yeah that is pretty interesting that they removed the "controversial" posts to cover up that Steve was in fact correct.. but then again Gee Ohh Dee, is probably the one who removed them... save face!! I have never done anything near like that on any of the forums I have ever been a mod or even admin on before.. Hell I was part owner of a website and had a guy being a complete dipshit, and I wasn't even an ass towards him... and after talking to him nicely through PM's, not in the open forum, he became a very big benefit to the website, and later even a mod.. People like that are the reasons I generally leave the other websites.. and if I do still hit them, it is to look up some information or a tech writeup...

BlueXJ
09-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Well Steve you know I stood up for you. I told him that you gave nothing but sound advice and that if you were disrespectful to him he probably deserved it.
Blue

4.3LXJ
09-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Thanks Mike. I honestly did try to keep it on subject and make the point that I was trying to keep to what the OP wanted. I did shamelessly invite him to join here. He said he had some difficulty in doing so. Server busy maybe

BlueXJ
09-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Your infraction has been reversed Steve.

LizardRunner
09-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Gee Ohh Dee sounds like geode, a hollow rock. yep that sounds like him through his actions. I don't even bother going to that site since the first of the year. Because, I know I'd get banned for expressing my view point.

msmoorenburg
09-02-2011, 02:01 PM
Well Steve welcome to the club :watermelon: I see you have gotten responses, which is far better than I've gotten. I've emailed the "administrator" and still nada.

Firemanray
09-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Ohhh I love to score points, sounds like a game to me! I havn't posted over there in a long time....hmmm.....maybe,,,just maybe....

Leonmac
09-02-2011, 03:58 PM
I have to say, I'm a member of this site because Steve and Cantab27 invited me and have found anything most guys on here have to say very helpful. I'm also on CF and have a build log there, to this point nobody has P**sed me off but I have been entertained by some [to Quaote] girl fights over there. I'm also on a Car forum (GT40s.com) and there is very few disputes there but the Moderators keep it pretty cool. Its a shame to see this stuff but its gonna happen, its how its delt with that makes a good site. Cheers Leon. PS I like xjTalk.com

cantab27
09-02-2011, 04:02 PM
I have to say, I'm a member of this site because Steve and Cantab27 invited me and have found anything most guys on here have to say very helpful. I'm also on CF and have a build log there, to this point nobody has P**sed me off but I have been entertained by some [to Quaote] girl fights over there. I'm also on a Car forum (GT40s.com) and there is very few disputes there but the Moderators keep it pretty cool. Its a shame to see this stuff but its gonna happen, its how its delt with that makes a good site. Cheers Leon. PS I like xjTalk.com

just mention on cf that ya don't run a cat....:rolleye0012:

i don't run one but its not against the law here, if ya anit got rid of yours do it..

4.3LXJ
09-02-2011, 04:04 PM
just mention on cf that ya don't run a cat....:rolleye0012:

i don't run one but its not against the law here, if ya anit got rid of yours do it..

It is almost as bad if you want to lift over 4.5"

Leonmac
09-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Double post. sorry

4.3LXJ
09-02-2011, 04:10 PM
On another note, Blue XJ, another moderator on CF, has PMed me and said that my infraction has been removed. Thank you Mike for interceding on my behalf.

Leonmac
09-02-2011, 04:11 PM
If they have a problem with Hi Lifts then why when you look through the Albums section is there trucks in there with up to 10" lifts ??? Leon

cantab27
09-02-2011, 04:13 PM
On another note, Blue XJ, another moderator on CF, has PMed me and said that my infraction has been removed. Thank you Mike for interceding on my behalf.

shot mark...nice to see the blue looking after the blue xj owner..:p

4.3LXJ
09-02-2011, 04:18 PM
If they have a problem with Hi Lifts then why when you look through the Albums section is there trucks in there with up to 10" lifts ??? Leon

I questioned them on this. It is not an official policy. But there are a few individuals, most notably G.O.D. who attack everyone that wants to go higher. The irony is that as far as I can tell, Hooper who chimes right in there on that doesn't even have a lift of any sort, but talks like he does. As far as I can tell from his postings, he has been to Hollister once. This all came about from the influence of one forum user called KTMRacer, who raced an XJ and had a 3" lift. But as I pointed out, he trashed his rig and is on his second. He has had a lot influence though, also being a mod I believe there. So now there is a small but vocal following that bash anyone wanting a taller lift.

4.3LXJ
09-02-2011, 04:19 PM
shot mark...nice to see the blue looking after the blue xj owner..:p

Thanks Wayne ...... Keeping it Blue

Leonmac
09-02-2011, 04:27 PM
I'm not a fan of Big lifts myself ( my wife moans about getting in to them) but surely that is personal choice and while you may express an opinion you must respect that of others. Cheers Leon

4.3LXJ
09-02-2011, 05:03 PM
I'm not a fan of Big lifts myself ( my wife moans about getting in to them) but surely that is personal choice and while you may express an opinion you must respect that of others. Cheers Leon

If you read my posts, that was my position from the beginning. It is your rig, build it the way you want.

BlueXJ
09-02-2011, 06:59 PM
You all are dragging this issue through the streets. It is dead so lets bury it. Lifts are impractical but desirable. We Jeep owners are not going to all agree but will help each other out of a troublesome situation, so lets stop the discussion before we start the name calling. "We are all Jeepers and as such will always disagree but will go out of our way to help each other."

Indiana Jeep
09-02-2011, 07:23 PM
That is why this is pretty much the only XJ forum I use. I've been on them all, and eventually they all have one A-hole that has to show everyone how much of a jackass he is. Even on a couple Facebook jeep groups I'm in, it's like a high school girl fight. This is the only site I've never had a problem on, everyone is really chill and helpful.

Same here, I gave up on ct a long time ago. It seemed to me like there were some people who thought they had the only possible setup for an XJ and if you didn't do exactly the same thing they wanted to trash you. It gets old seeing the childish things some people do. Every time I've asked a question on XJTalk (even if it's one I think may be dumb) I've had nothing but great response and very helpful communication. I think that's why this site has gotten so big. The fantastic moderators and owners and the great people on it.

toebee97
09-02-2011, 11:40 PM
Thanks Mike. I honestly did try to keep it on subject and make the point that I was trying to keep to what the OP wanted. I did shamelessly invite him to join here. He said he had some difficulty in doing so. Server busy maybe
Nice, I've been tryin to recruit from my FB groups, if they don't want to join that's their prerogative, but I don't see the harm in mentioning xjtalk to people that own XJs lol. I know at least one (BigDog) just joined the other day.

prcjeep
10-18-2011, 12:49 AM
Bluexj... anyway you can PM me the information regarding why msmooresburg got banned so I can win his contest? :D :D

cantab27
10-18-2011, 12:55 AM
banned cause he drives a pretty white shiny ....

prcjeep
10-18-2011, 12:58 AM
banned cause he drives a pretty white shiny ....

Haha... doubt it!

afbond03
10-19-2011, 10:24 PM
Damn moderators, geez!

jccatt
10-20-2011, 01:58 AM
Cyber wheelers. Full of opinion and never turned a spanner or wheeled off the tar. Meh as long as they stay over there.