PDA

View Full Version : Special Delivery from Tennessee!!!!

Paddletrucker
08-31-2011, 01:54 PM
So, I'm awakened a little bit ago from my beauty sleep by the big brown truck backing into my driveway.

I was anticipating this delivery, so I went outside and...sure enough.......

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj298/picsofnate/IMG_0604.jpg

Loaded it all up into the back of the Jeep and now I'm REALLY stoked!!!
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj298/picsofnate/IMG_0605.jpg

To make things even cooler, my uncle called me last night to tell me that he'd bought a TJ this past winter and bought some 33 X 12.50's on some chrome wheels he loves for it at a super deal from a guy he works with. He told me he has a set of black steel wheels with some 31 x 10.50's on them that are in EXCELLENT shape with knee deep tread on them that had been on the TJ and that if I'd drive the hour and a half over there and get them out of his shop, I could have them!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::D:D He has had them buried under some stuff for about 8 months now and can't remember if they're the Soft 8 type or D-windows, but when he heard from my Grandpa that I'd bought a Cherokee and was lifting it, he called me up and said he'd like the space in his shop again.

I told him I'd take him out to eat to his most favoritist BBQ joint and buy him supper and he was happier than a pig in slop. Meeee Tooooooo!!!!!!:D:D:D

Gonna be a good weekend!!!

cantab27
08-31-2011, 01:56 PM
um, mate that stuff goes under the jeep , not in the back.....looking forward to after install pics,,,,

Paddletrucker
08-31-2011, 02:01 PM
um, mate that stuff goes under the jeep , not in the back.....looking forward to after install pics,,,,

I put it back there for extra weight for better traction!!:p:D

I'm going to do it at my buddy's shop. He's a truck driver, too. I stuck it in the back of the Jeep so that when I get the call that he's home and I am, too, I can go straight over there without driving all the way out in the sticks where I live to pick the kit up. I can go straight to his shop and we'll spring into action.

This is gonna be awesome!!

Mudderoy
08-31-2011, 02:06 PM
I put it back there for extra weight for better traction!!:p:D

I'm going to do it at my buddy's shop. He's a truck driver, too. I stuck it in the back of the Jeep so that when I get the call that he's home and I am, too, I can go straight over there without driving all the way out in the sticks where I live to pick the kit up. I can go straight to his shop and we'll spring into action.

This is gonna be awesome!!

I just hope you don't have trouble with the leaf spring bolts. :drinking:

Paddletrucker
08-31-2011, 02:21 PM
I just hope you don't have trouble with the leaf spring bolts. :drinking:

There are a few reasons we're doing it at my buddy's. One, I have a 1947 Cessna 140 in my shop and there's NO room to work anywhere around it. Also, I don't want sparks flying around the fabric covered wings and all the other expensive airplane stuff. I'm really expecting sparks. Cutting torches and welders seem to be the order of the day for removing components on a 200K+ mile XJ, from what I understand. Second, my buddy is an artist with a torch and a welder. If we do end up breaking bolts or needed to cut or fabricate something that broke or we had to cut, he's the man. Also, he's done a few lifts before, including one on a ZJ last year. that's a hell of a lot more suspension work than I've done.

My suspension experience is limited to air suspension on big trucks and spring steel suspension on little two seat airplanes. That stuff is all a whole lot less complicated than my XJ's undercarriage!

Paddletrucker
08-31-2011, 02:23 PM
Oh, and I've been soaking the underside of the Jeep at all points I can se with a penetrating oil I LOVE called Motorkote. I've been crawling under there and squirting all the bolts down a couple of times a week for a while now. I hope that's gonna help!!:pray::pray:

Mudderoy
08-31-2011, 02:36 PM
There are a few reasons we're doing it at my buddy's. One, I have a 1947 Cessna 140 in my shop and there's NO room to work anywhere around it. Also, I don't want sparks flying around the fabric covered wings and all the other expensive airplane stuff. I'm really expecting sparks. Cutting torches and welders seem to be the order of the day for removing components on a 200K+ mile XJ, from what I understand. Second, my buddy is an artist with a torch and a welder. If we do end up breaking bolts or needed to cut or fabricate something that broke or we had to cut, he's the man. Also, he's done a few lifts before, including one on a ZJ last year. that's a hell of a lot more suspension work than I've done.

My suspension experience is limited to air suspension on big trucks and spring steel suspension on little two seat airplanes. That stuff is all a whole lot less complicated than my XJ's undercarriage!

If the leaf bolts come right out you'll be amazed at how simple it is.

xj4life2
08-31-2011, 02:45 PM
Hopefully the bolt heads on the rear leafs are pointed away from the tank not into the tank like mine were and most Jeeps are, then you get to make a choice, cut or drop the the tank........... CUT !!! Good luck were waiting for picts !!!!