PDA

View Full Version : sagging rear springs.

cpttuna
08-28-2011, 07:38 PM
I have pics but have given up trying to upload them.(Also do not have a son around home right now to fix the uploading problem for me.) common problem with cherokees is what to do with sagging springs. One answer I've seen on forums is to make a bastard pack. I did not like that idea. another was to do nothing. I did not like that idea. Buying new spring was also out. I did two things. I bought 2 pair of Monroe Sensa-Trac load adjusting rear shocks. they raised the rear approx. 1 1/2". for my 01 jeeps the part # was 58594. they were $116.99 a pair from advance auto parts. However,if you look on this forum site, they have an ad. 25 % off on orders over $75 and free shipping. I took advantasge of this. It also firmed up the ride. since I did this on both 01's, I can tell you it helped both jeeps. I also bought4 pairs of 20" rear helper springs from J C whitney. I welded a pair together for each side in the rear. I think they help the springs from getting any worse.

Mudderoy
08-28-2011, 08:23 PM
You should have received a PM from me saying this...

Forum attachment quota has been reached

I noticed you are trying to upload a picture to the site. You've run out of space. We have a very limited amount of space for pictures. What you do is use a picture hosting service, like photobucket. Here is a link on how to post a picture.

How to post an image (http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=174)

Let me know if you need help. We really like seeing the pictures!

Did you receive it and maybe just need more help? We really like seeing the pictures.

Joliet Johnny
08-28-2011, 08:56 PM
I have the same problem on my 99 and I know what did it. I helped a friend move a very heavy outdoor fireplace. Im just going up 4.5in. For future reference I will keep what you did in mind.