PDA

View Full Version : Stock radio wires

Indiana Jeep
08-26-2011, 01:57 PM
Came across this and thought it might be useful for someone working on their radio wiring.

http://www.modifiedlife.com/1999-jeep-cherokee-car-radio-stereo-wiring-diagram/

jeepxj95
08-26-2011, 11:58 PM
how about one for us older xjs 84-96

Indiana Jeep
08-27-2011, 09:14 AM
If you click on the link there is a list on the right side of the page with the different years of Cherokees. I didn't check to see if they had everything but you should be able to find what you need.:thumbsup:

saar
08-28-2011, 01:24 AM
Nice, is there a way to connect an MP3 player instead of the CD changer?
if so, how?
Thanks,
Saar.

Indiana Jeep
08-28-2011, 08:18 AM
if so, how?
Thanks,
Saar.

That I would have no idea. :confused: Hopefully someone else can help ya with it. :pray: I think if you knew what each wire was for you could just splice them in. The only electrical work I've done is hook up a radio and speakers, and install some lights. But I had instructions and wire codes for those. :smiley-gen165:

jeepxj95
08-28-2011, 11:54 PM
if so, how?
Thanks,
Saar.

the radio should have a usb port or aux jack ( headphone jack ). or both my alpine has both. and my jvc what was in the heep now in the 90 has just the aux jack. oh and both have cd players hope this helps u saar

saar
08-29-2011, 01:38 AM
Hi,

I still use the original radio tape.
If has no aux/inline/usb but it has a "Special" cable for a CD changer which I thought there may be some kind of adapter...

Saar

jeepxj95
08-30-2011, 12:54 AM
yes there is i have one. its a tape but with a cord so u can hook up a cd player or mp3. but my 90 had the org. radio with tape deck and didnt work so good. but a buddy ran the same thing in his 98 xj and worked great for him. honestly i would change the radio and get the input jack and get a cd player. but that me. i put my jvc from my 95 in the 90 for that reason then got a alpine with more features i like in a radio. sorry so long but hopes this helps
oh and u might be able to use a cd changer but dont know on that... maybe someone would comment on that part.