PDA

View Full Version : Heater flapper thingy...

TeXJ
08-24-2011, 02:17 PM
So in the winter my defrost goes into the dash. That is if I dont keep it at like 2 or 3, speed. If I hit the 4 I can hear a flap close/open something and then I dont get air anywhere. I do get hot air just not in the right direction.

So what do I need to do to fix this? any write ups for a 97 xj? About how much is that little box thing to replace?

Mudderoy
08-24-2011, 02:19 PM
So in the winter my defrost goes into the dash. That is if I dont keep it at like 2 or 3, speed. If I hit the 4 I can hear a flap close/open something and then I dont get air anywhere. I do get hot air just not in the right direction.

So what do I need to do to fix this? any write ups for a 97 xj? About how much is that little box thing to replace?

Have Scott ride with you and ask him to face you when he's speaking! :rotfl2:

TeXJ
08-24-2011, 02:34 PM
Have Scott ride with you and ask him to face you when he's speaking! :rotfl2:

:confused:

TeXJ
09-07-2011, 02:16 PM
ttt

4.3LXJ
09-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Donovan

I suspect you have a vacuum problem. It may not be strong enough, especially when you have a lead foot. Check your vacuum reservoir and connections for cracks and bad connections. What I think is happening is that when the fan is at low speeds, the door has enough vacuum to make it work, but with increased air from the fan it doesn't have enough vacuum to keep it in place.

TeXJ
09-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Donovan

I suspect you have a vacuum problem. It may not be strong enough, especially when you have a lead foot. Check your vacuum reservoir and connections for cracks and bad connections. What I think is happening is that when the fan is at low speeds, the door has enough vacuum to make it work, but with increased air from the fan it doesn't have enough vacuum to keep it in place.

Its a rod back behind the radio. I can kind of put it back on but then it pops back off. With it finally cooler out i'll have the energy to mess with and maybe get some pics.

But my front axle being in bad shape may take presidence :bang:

4.3LXJ
09-07-2011, 03:31 PM

Spank it and make it sit in a corner:mad0029:

Mudderoy
09-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Its a rod back behind the radio. I can kind of put it back on but then it pops back off. With it finally cooler out i'll have the energy to mess with and maybe get some pics.

Do you have a vacuum gauge you can use to check the engine?

TeXJ
09-07-2011, 04:29 PM
Spank it and make it sit in a corner:mad0029:

haha

TeXJ
09-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Do you have a vacuum gauge you can use to check the engine?

no, I'm pretty sure it is that rod that keeps popping off.

Mudderoy
09-07-2011, 07:25 PM
no, I'm pretty sure it is that rod that keeps popping off.

Oh sorry I didn't read that. Skimming again.

TeXJ
09-07-2011, 07:57 PM
Oh sorry I didn't read that. Skimming again.
It happens...you SKIMMER!!! :modpower: