PDA

View Full Version : No matter how many times you do it and get away with it, DON'T DO IT!

Mudderoy
08-17-2011, 07:18 PM
Lehiy Killed in Accident at Hundt’s Auto Salvage

08/18/11 Marshall County Coroner Bill Cleavenger confirmed that a Plymouth man was accidentally killed in an industrial accident at Hundt’s Auto Salvage Yard on West 5C Road Wednesday afternoon at 2:34.

46 year old Brian K. Lehiy of Upas Road, an employee at Hundt’s had raised a car up on a forklift and then walked under the vehicle when it fell on him. He was killed instantly.

An autopsy will be performed on Thursday as is protocol for work related accidents.

The accident remains under investigation by the Marshall County Coroner’s office.

The coroner was assisted at the scene of the accident by County police officers, and LaPaz Fire and EMS.

:link: (http://am1050.com/2011/lehiy-killed-in-accident-at-hundts-auto-salvage/)

I mean no disrespect to this man or his friends/family. I just want to remind everyone to be careful, things can and do happen you don't expect.

This is from a post on Facebook by xjjeepthing

bigjim350
08-17-2011, 07:25 PM
I have done some very unsafe things in the shop myself. Problem is you never think about the bad things when you out there havin fun. Would say I will be safer, but im sure I will do something dumb again.

cantab27
08-17-2011, 07:39 PM
have had this thing fail with a tj on it,, about 4 foot in the air at the time...its a old school one ,,lift it up and put the pins in,,cable snapped,, am very weary around it now,its in a mate back yard...;)

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr52/cantab27/thImage045-2.jpg

Mudderoy
08-17-2011, 11:57 PM
I have done some very unsafe things in the shop myself. Problem is you never think about the bad things when you out there havin fun. Would say I will be safer, but im sure I will do something dumb again.

We all have and will again. I'm just trying to maybe make someone think twice about it next time. :thumbsup:

Indiana Jeep
08-18-2011, 04:43 PM
We all have and will again. I'm just trying to maybe make someone think twice about it next time. :thumbsup:

Yea, it's easy to get careless when you work around something like this. You get used to it and forget how dangerous something might be. A factory I used to work at had all those light curtain safety guards. sometimes people would find ways to get around them or turn them off and end up getting a hand caught in the machines. I've never seen anyone get more than a pinch or a broken finger fortunately. That was enough to scare me into not messing with them.