PDA

View Full Version : Random Comments about your Jeep Today

Mudderoy
08-17-2011, 09:30 AM
I was getting gas at the local Randalls, and a guy rolled through on the other side of the pumps and yelled "That Jeep is badass!" Then as he continued rolling away I swear I hear something negative about green Jeeps. But I could be mistaken... rofl

bigjim350
08-17-2011, 09:33 AM
I was getting gas at the local Randalls, and a guy rolled through on the other side of the pumps and yelled "That Jeep is badass!"

looks can be deceiving :D

4.3LXJ
08-17-2011, 10:31 AM
The one I heard is from the wife. "Are you going to get it all done in time for our trip?

Mudderoy
08-17-2011, 10:47 AM
The one I heard is from the wife. "Are you going to get it all done in time for our trip?

lol I suspect there will be several "colorful" wife/girlfriend comments in this thread.

4.3LXJ
08-17-2011, 10:51 AM
lol I suspect there will be several "colorful" wife/girlfriend comments in this thread.

So here I am on this forum when I should be under the Jeep.:o

Paddletrucker
08-17-2011, 12:26 PM
My wife has commented on how happy she is with me screwing around with my Jeep. She's noticed that Jeeps are considerably less expensive than building and flying airplanes!!:D

I hope she doesn't find out about the stuff I just bought off of ebay for the 1946 Cessna that's sitting in pieces in the barn.:rolleye0012::out::greensmilies-017::greensmilies-017:

Metlic53
08-17-2011, 02:07 PM
i was at the beach last week and pulled out about 10 vehicles from the san luis pass beach, one guy in a 2011 ford dually that i pulled out said "dang, thats one bad jeep!, i'm going to craigslist when i get back home and find one just like yours!" COOOL :D

Then i pulled up to the magic carpet putt putt course in galveston and another guy said, Now thats a man's JEEP! :D

cantab27
08-17-2011, 02:40 PM
well down here they get bagged on...why would ya bother , weak running gear blah blah..they soon shut up when wheeling with them....most common saying is ,,,,well at least it anit RED , and ya wheeling it...............

Mudderoy
08-17-2011, 02:48 PM
well down here they get bagged on...why would ya bother , weak running gear blah blah..they soon shut up when wheeling with them....most common saying is ,,,,well at least it anit RED , and ya wheeling it...............

:rotfl2:

4.3LXJ
08-17-2011, 03:59 PM

I'm just glad blue Jeeps don't catch hell :rolleye0012:

cantab27
08-17-2011, 05:01 PM
I'm just glad blue Jeeps don't catch hell :rolleye0012:

ah, yes the blue xj, well a pictures says a thousand words......:D

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr52/cantab27/4592289316_f904cd1b49.jpg

different to say the least......

sorry steve.........:p

4.3LXJ
08-17-2011, 05:22 PM
EEEWWWW, gull wing doors. Might give a new meaning to going doorless. Of course if a blue XJ opens its doors like that, it might have to file a flight plan. Maybe leap he Rubicon in a single bound.

Indiana Jeep
08-17-2011, 05:33 PM
I've had a few people pull up and say how much they like the doors being off. Especially when it's over 90. The best comment I've ever gotten though was Yesterday. A girl in a Grand Cherokee stopped and waved me down as I was pulling into a parking lot to tell me she "Loved my Jeep!"

bigjim350
08-17-2011, 05:58 PM
Don't get to many comments. people are usually speechless around it. If I wanted people telling me my jeep was pretty I would have painted it red :D

Mudderoy
08-17-2011, 06:52 PM
Don't get to many comments. people are usually speechless around it. If I wanted people telling me my jeep was pretty I would have painted it red :D

I think you just slipped up Jim. Two red Jeeps and two comments. One comment was "That's a bad ass Jeep!" The other was "I love your Jeep!" No one said anything about pretty.

You know I think you have a crush on my Jeep. I'll be keeping my eye on you!

:male: :mock:

bigjim350
08-17-2011, 07:18 PM
I thi
You know I think you have a crush on my Jeep. I'll be keeping my eye on you!

:male: :mock:

Well it is pretty.

One_Big_Midgett
08-18-2011, 08:49 AM
For those of you who don't know, I call my heep The Nasty. When people see it for the first time they usually say something like "That's The Nasty? I was expecting something a bit more....." usually followed by something about the paint, lift, or overall look of it.

XJ4IV
08-18-2011, 09:57 PM
ah, yes the blue xj, well a pictures says a thousand words......:D

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr52/cantab27/4592289316_f904cd1b49.jpg

different to say the least......

sorry steve.........:p

Close the doors and thats a baddass jeep ... I heard about a guy that had lambo doors on an XJ and when asked why would he do such a ghetto move on a offroad rig he simply stated... you ever try to open your door when your stuck next to a tree...

saar
08-18-2011, 11:57 PM
What I usually hear is "do you sell?" :-)

OrangeXJ
08-19-2011, 08:35 AM
Close the doors and thats a baddass jeep ... I heard about a guy that had lambo doors on an XJ and when asked why would he do such a ghetto move on a offroad rig he simply stated... you ever try to open your door when your stuck next to a tree...

I bet that's about all the off roading that jeep sees. from the concrte to the grass. :rolleye0012:

Mudderoy
08-19-2011, 09:06 AM
I heard this morning...

I need to keep a proof of insurance in my Jeep.
I need to remove the clear covers off my license plates.
I was asked "Do you know how fast you were going?"
I used to have one of these and I hate that I got rid of it.

The officer may be joining us on the site. I told him I just bought a 99 for $2500 he should get another one!

xj4life2
08-19-2011, 09:49 AM
I don't like the first part of that conversation, but the last part is very cool !!!!!!!!

Mudderoy
08-19-2011, 09:52 AM
I don't like the first part of that conversation, but the last part is very cool !!!!!!!!

No it's cool. I figure anytime I do things I'm not supposed to do I'm subject to the laws just like everyone else. Now if I didn't have defensive driving to fall back on I'd be upset, but I still wouldn't take it out on the guy just doing his job.

He knew a lot about Jeeps and it was fun, in a situation that usually isn't, talking about my Jeep and the things he had done to his.

xj4life2
08-19-2011, 10:01 AM
Actually Cops here are cool and most are wheelers so we get aways with alot we shouldn't. CHP are the ones who have "no sence of humor" here. But there are some very cool ones there to come to think of it. A cust told me this story the other day. he was driving up Hwy 70 twords Reno and was speeding when he was pulled over by the CHP.The officer approched the veh and before he could speak the cust said that he had an excuse for whatever he was doing wrong. The Officer said ok let me here it. The cust said , you see I'm on my way to Reno, my wife is gonna get pregnant there tonight and I'd really like to be there. The officer just broke out in hysterical laughter and let him go. I have yet to try that one but I'm gonna !!!

Mudderoy
08-19-2011, 10:09 AM
Actually Cops here are cool and most are wheelers so we get aways with alot we shouldn't. CHP are the ones who have "no sence of humor" here. But there are some very cool ones there to come to think of it. A cust told me this story the other day. he was driving up Hwy 70 twords Reno and was speeding when he was pulled over by the CHP.The officer approched the veh and before he could speak the cust said that he had an excuse for whatever he was doing wrong. The Officer said ok let me here it. The cust said , you see I'm on my way to Reno, my wife is gonna get pregnant there tonight and I'd really like to be there. The officer just broke out in hysterical laughter and let him go. I have yet to try that one but I'm gonna !!!

rofl, that's great.

4x4Dalton
08-19-2011, 03:24 PM
I mostly get the ..."What in the...." questions and looks. But hey its mine and paid for lol. I dont mind answerin questions bout what Ive done to it,just shows them I do have some idea of what Im doin lol.

Indiana Jeep
08-19-2011, 03:45 PM
One of the waaay to many product engineers that work in the offices parked next to me today. I usually sit in my XJ at lunch and we were walking out at the same time. He gave me the usual question about "Why would you do that?" I looked at his Dodge Ram, it's a newer model but I couldn't tell you the year. It's a damn fine truck and sits pretty high, so I just asked "Why havn't you?" He looked back and forth between his truck and Red and you could see the wheels turning. Won't be surprised if h's got a new project for this weekend.

Mudderoy
08-19-2011, 03:49 PM
One of the waaay to many product engineers that work in the offices parked next to me today. I usually sit in my XJ at lunch and we were walking out at the same time. He gave me the usual question about "Why would you do that?" I looked at his Dodge Ram, it's a newer model but I couldn't tell you the year. It's a damn fine truck and sits pretty high, so I just asked "Why havn't you?" He looked back and forth between his truck and Red and you could see the wheels turning. Won't be surprised if h's got a new project for this weekend.

I would punish anyone that asked me that with a 30 minute answer..:thumbsup:

LizardRunner
08-19-2011, 04:21 PM
Hmmmm. last comment was "You can't drive vehicles here it's not a road" and here I thought that was the whole purpose of a jeep.

Mudderoy
08-19-2011, 04:30 PM
Hmmmm. last comment was "You can't drive vehicles here it's not a road" and here I thought that was the whole purpose of a jeep.

Yeah but Jeeps aren't sidewalk vehicles!!!! :shocker:

BlueXJ
08-21-2011, 09:32 AM

The proper answer is that you are driving a vehicle which has been advertised for over 50 years as a capable OFFROAD vehicle, thus it is designed as such.

The last comment I heard was when are you going to wash that? My answer is when it rains it will get washed.

cantab27
08-21-2011, 01:05 PM
its not a boat wayne